Chapter 4: Dealing With People Meddling With Your Life Can't Be Done With A Severe Concussion

Inbetween Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon woke to a persistent throbbing and an apologetic look on Tiffany’s face in the backseat of Tiffany’s car.

 

“Whaaa’ happened?” She slurred her words slightly, groaning as her head throbbed emphatically at a slight shake of her head.

 

“You...um, knocked your head on the dashboard of the car when I jambraked.” Tiffany laughed nervously. “Nothing else, boo.”

 

“Hmn.” Taeyeon frowned, trying to search her aching memories for the right recollection to fill the gaps. “Why are we at the hospital entrance?”

 

“Because...you had a concussion and passed out?” Tiffany giggled nervously. “You were babbling all about something related to wolves.”

 

Wolves?

 

Taeyeon’s mind blanked as her face heated up shamefully. What the hell was she even thinking? She passed a hand over her face, running her fingers through her dark hair.

 

“Maybe its high time I see a doctor for my mental needs.” She griped, shifting uncomfortably in her seat. “Or perhaps a psychologist for my PTSD. Its making me see weird things.” She turned to Tiffany urgently. “But you kinda believe me, don’t you? When I tell you I see weird things like wolves on roads chasing a car, and-and sparkling things that fly off your friend’s body in the sun.”

 

“What?”Tiffany snapped to attention immediately at her words, grabbing hold of Taeyeon’s shoulders urgently. “What sparkly things? Where did you see them?”

 

Taeyeon blanched at her reaction, stuttering as she blinked at the sudden but fierce reaction from her best friend.

 

“I-I-I saw the sparkling dust fall from your multi-coloured hair friend’s body.” The poor girl spluttered confusedly. “I thought she liked to wear glitter on her body. Thats all.” Tiffany gritted her teeth. It looked like introducing Taeyeon to the girls was a bad idea. Afterall, Tiffany understood the most how peculiar their new king was with regards to keeping safe the secret of the existence of Silver Hollow.

 

But that is nothing of my concern. Afterall, Kwon Jiyong is never gonna find out about the existence of Taeyeon anyway. The only thing that the citizens of Silver Hollow knew of humans was of that family that was involved in that accident orchestrated by the old king and queen.

 

Tiffany snorted slightly, shaking her head.

 

Thankfully I was abroad studying when that happened. Guilt chewed up her insides as she turned her head slightly to glance at her best friend. But that was also when Taeyeon’s died in an accident too..not that both are associated in anyway. She shook away the little niggle of suspicion as quick as she could, pulling on the car door handle to emerge from the stifling little car.

 

“Where are we going?” Taeyeon blinked up confusedly at her, a hand nursing her aching head.

 

“To check up on your concussion.” Tiffany sighed gently. “I’m sorry. This is all my fault.”

 

“What?” Taeyeon reached up to flick a finger on Tiffany’s forehead. “Are you having a fever? You didn’t do anything. I just have bad luck, thats all.”

 

~~~

The cool wind of the air conditioned hospital blew gently onto Taeyeon’s face just as Tiffany wheeled her in, both of them making their way as elegantly as they could with her bulky wheelchair to the hospital front counter.

 

“Afternoon, back so soon?” The lady behind the counter beamed at Taeyeon fondly, eyes gleaming with pity for a moment as she glanced at the pretty girl’s useless legs. Taeyeon shifted uncomfortably under the lady’s scrutinizing stare, highly self-conscious about her own disability.

 

“Yes..”Her pale cheeks flushed mortifyingly, “Tiffany drove me back here because I had a concussion that knocked me out for quite a bit.”

 

“Oh dear. A concussion, huh?” The lady mused concernedly, reaching out a hand to brush aside some of Taeyeon’s hair to look at the bruise on her forehead, to Tiffany’s chagrin. “I thought you were here to help move your sister.”

 

“What?” The one that responded was a horrified Tiffany. “Move Hayeon? To where?”

 

“Oh, some place safer and able to help with inducing her out of coma. Didn’t you know about it Miss Kim?” She turned confusedly towards a pale Taeyeon, whose lips turned white as she clutched her head slightly. “You signed the papers after all.”

 

“I..I signed the papers?” Taeyeon whispered, her voice coming out in a squeak as they trembled on her lap. “I didn’t sign any papers.”

“But you did, eh..just half an hour ago.” The lady at the counter frowned at her computer, checking through the logs as quickly as her fingers could go. “A couple of men were with you to help you take Hayeon away.”

 

“So they’re gone?”

 

“N-no, of course not!” The lady blabbered, slightly stunned by the sudden fierceness of the purple haired girl beside Taeyeon. “They’re still here.”

 

Tiffany whirled around immediately, grasping the handles of Taeyeon’s wheelchair and bludgeoning forward towards Hayeon’s care ward.

 

“No no no. This can’t be happening.” She glanced down at her terrified friend, who was clutching the edge of her seats. “First wolves and now people with my face!” Taeyeon clutched her chest, her breath heaving.

 

“Calm down, Tae. Its someone I know.” Tiffany ground out through the back of her teeth. Sirens had the ability to graft skin to their faces in order to take on another human looking face---it was just that Tiffany never thought Sooyoung would stoop to such low dealings to execute her own desire to turn Hayeon into a fish.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter