Chapter 17: One Step Closer

Inbetween Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon yawned widely as she kicked off her flat bottomed shoes, feet sinking with a gentle sigh into the soft carpet of the air blip beneath her feet. She chuckled lightly as the Elf twins trailed behind her, eyes half closed but mouths watering as they followed a food cart towards their room, with Sooyoung trailing behind their feet listlessly. Fairies were truly energetic creatures, which was why Taeyeon had severe suspicions to her fairy heritage, considering how lazy and sluggish she was, preferring to linger deep in her bed than to venture outside and party. She stared incredulously at the energetic Hyoyeon, mumbling to herself as she opened her cabin door with a slight creak, a comforting blanket of darkness spreading lightly over her body and permeating her pores.

 

A sweet scent of lavender lightly perfumed the room, calming her tired senses as she stretched lightly, another yawn attacking her lips with much fervor.

 

“Hm?” A low flicker of a yellowed candlelight floated into her eyes, surprise colouring her features at the loosely dressed Jiyong on her bed, rose petals scattered all over her bed duvet as he smiled enticingly at her, sipping daintily from a cup of wine. A heavy blush coloured her cheeks, before she jerked back to reality, turning around to sink into the enveloping duvet with a soft sigh of comfort leaving her lips.

 

“I thought this would a be a prize enough to entice you into bed.” The clink of glass resounded clearly through the room as Jiyong placed the half drunk glass on the side table, the front of his loose shirt hanging open slightly as his cheeks flushed with colour, clearly somewhat intoxicated with wine for quite some time.

 

“You needn’t have to sell yourself out like a gigolo, Kwon Jiyong.” Taeyeon yawned right in his face. “Fairies puckered me out enough to disregard your efforts.” She stretched like a tiny feline, a small but adorable cry escaping her lips as she contorted her limbs slightly, ignoring as much as possible the wide view of the muscled expanse of her fiance’s chest.

 

“Is that so?” She hummed lightly as Jiyong hovered over her, his enchanting purple eyes flashing lightly as he looked down on her, lips lowering to trail down her jawline. “I see goosebumps and hear an elevated heart rate.” A giggle bubbled from his lips as he stole a kiss from her pinkish lips, startling Taeyeon back into reality with the excessive show of over-familiarity.

 

“Alright. Enough playing. You’re drunk.” Taeyeon pushed him to the side, watching with a sigh as he tumbled to his side, giggling lightly at nothing.

 

“Just slightly.” Jiyong hiccuped. “But still lucid enough to talk.”

 

“Hm. Sure.” Taeyeon eyed him skeptically, before a devious smile crossed her lips. “I’m sleeping on the bed.”

 

“And I shall sleep here with you!” Jiyong flopped onto the left side of the bed with a dramatic sigh. “We’re engaged, and besides, to the elders, we’ve already consummated our marriage.” He toyed with his words slyly, an almost irresistible and alluring tone blending in with his voice. “There’s nothing wrong with us sharing a bed.” He his lips, winking lightly as he tried to seduce Taeyeon.

 

A twitch subtly twisted Taeyeon’s lips as she tried not to smile, the incredulousness of the situation finally settling into her bones as hilarity as she tried not to laugh. Her stomach trembled slightly as she nodded, seemingly in agreement of Jiyong’s words.

 

“And here I thought you were a gentleman to keep to your word and not touch me unless I desired it.”

 

“You do desire me.” A petulant edge blemished Jiyong’s tone slightly. “You love me. You’re supposed to love me.” Taeyeon froze for a moment, regaining her senses as he burped lightly, exhaling heavily through her nose.

 

“I don’t even know you, Kwon Jiyong. We’re just strangers till that one day,” Her face lifted to the flickering candlelight, “where we got forced into this mutual circumstance not of our own accord.” She paused for a moment, a sly smile sliding up her lips. “And I’m pretty sure you desire me more than I could ever desire you.” She chuckled at Jiyong’s face he went slack jawed at the sight of her ing her clothes, the silk material sliding off her pale milky shoulders tantalisingly.

 

“Taeyeon.” Jiyong whined in the corner of the bed as she shimmied out of her shorts, using her foot to pick up the discarded short and flinging it to the side, the long shirt that she still had on half open and barely covering anything down below. Taeyeon’s eyebrows raised slightly as Jiyong’s eyes traced the contours of her legs, turning around to slip her arms out of the shirt.

 

“ert.” She huffed at him, trying to stop the smirk that crossed her lips as she pulled the shirt off her body, a mild sense of achievement and satisfaction filling her bones as she heard him groan at the sight of her .

 

“You’re beautiful, you know.” Jiyong’s voice was hoarse as he tried to swallow, the alcohol slowly retreating from his brain as he realised that he was playing a dangerous game that he apparently---wasn’t winning at all. Chagrin flickered through his face as Taeyeon danced across the room with almost nothing on, reaching upwards to pull another long shirt over her perfect body. His fists clenched the bedsheets as he tried to quell the sudden rage of lust that had welled up in his chest, glancing around at the heavily romanticised room and regretting his choice in attempting to seduce Taeyeon in a moment of drunken folly. “You win.” He flopped back on the bed just as she grinned, clambering onto the duvet with ease and pressing her hands on his chest, right above his pounding heart, almost sitting on top of his hips.

 

“Really?” She leaned forward slightly, and Jiyong groaned as her shirt gaped open slightly, turning his head to the side as he tried desperately leer at the sight before him.

 

“Taeyeon,” His voice trembled slightly, “If you don’t stop, I can’t promise what I might do next.” Taeyeon’s cheeks flushed at his words, before she clambered off his body, humming as she flopped onto the right side of the bed. She rolled slightly, grinning at him sneakily as she pumped her hand in his direction.

 

“I’m gonna bathe.” She announced, flouncing off to the toilet as he glowered at her, pulling the duvets over his head with a groan as a flurry of images assaulted his mind at her words, sinking deep into his own self inflicted misery as the sound of the showerhead .

 

~~~~

Jiyong had clearly sobered by the time Taeyeon had finished with her luxurious bath, her dark hair, mixed with tints of blonde and lilac messily falling down her shoulders as she attempted to dry her hair.

 

“Sober now?” Jiyong nodded mutely, trying not to recall his agnosing past hour as he patted the spot beside him, holding out a hair brush mutely.

 

“Sober.” Taeyeon shivered slightly as Jiyong ran his lithe fingers gently through her hair, his fingertips lightly skimming her scalp.

 

“Lets talk.” Taeyeon bit her lower lip slightly, crossing her legs as she leaned backwards slightly, enjoying the massage that Jiyong was running through her scalp and hair.

 

“Mhm.” Jiyong’s eyebrows furrowed deeply as he concentrated, combing skillfully through the knots and tangles in her wet hair. “What do you want to know?” Taeyeon shrugged slightly.

 

“Lets exchange childhood stories.” A lonely note filled her voice slightly. “Any brothers or sisters?” She could tell that it was an uncomfortable topic for Jiyong, for he froze slightly, body stiffening just slightly behind her.

 

“Youngbae is my half brother.” He paused for a moment. “As is Daesung.”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter