Bitter Sweet

His Voice

 

"Is he usually like that?"

Jinyoung asked the four remaining guys as soon as Mark has left.

 

I'll make your life hell? What was that supposed to mean? Jinyoung is wondering if he'll take it seriously. But the way the drummer has looked at him, well it doesn't seem to settle on him. Something in those brown eyes, felt a bit disarming. 

What did I even do to him? He keeps on thinking.

 

"Oh don't worry, Jinyoung!" Jackson rested his arm around the younger's shoulder. "Like what I said, you'll get used to it."

Jinyoung's brows furrowed. "To what, exactly?"

The chinese shrugged. "To Mark's s." He answered casually. "I've known him for five years and look . . . . . hmm. Actually I don't think anyone can get used to that menopausal gangster!"

"Jackson hyung, you'll be dead if Mark hyung knows about what you're saying right now." Yugyeom said, eyeing the older.

"But I won't, because you won't tell him. Not unless you want me to tell him what happens in your bedroom every night-"

"YAH!" Bambam shouted as he threw a face towel at Jackson. "Keep your mouth shut."

And Jackson did. But his round eyed kept on giving a knowing look to the two youngest who were sitting on the couch.

 

"Anyway... shouldn't we be heading home? Am I the only one who is dreading to lie on his bed?" 

They all looked at Youngjae who really looks exhausted.

"Right! Let's head to the apartment!" Jackson sat up before turning to him. "How about you, Jinyoung? Where do you stay anyway?"

"Me? Well, just near the area." Jinyoung can't say that he's staying in this five star hotel, most certainly not about him about to run a company of his own. "Just a small apartment." he's not sure whether he needs to, but he just felt like hiding his real status in life.

"We own an apartment too. We've been living there for three years now." said Yugyeom.

"Why don't you come with us? Now that you're one of us, I think it'll be better if you stay at our place too." 

Jinyoung was surprised with Jackson's invitation. Live with them? But that means he'll also live with...

"But we need to ask Mark hyung first." Bambam reminded them.

"Oh right." Jackson flicked his tongue as if he's thinking of something. "Well maybe we'll talk about this some other time. But for now, just go with us at our place. We can go and have a drink there. Kind of a welcoming party for you, our new vocalist."

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Jinyoung wasn't able to say no to Jackson. Youngjae told him that Jackson really has that in him, the charm to make someone say yes to him.

They all went to the apartment owned by the guys. Since Jinyoung has a car, he opted to volunteer on driving theirselves to the place. Jackson can't stop talking about Jinyoung being rich just because he has a car.

"We've been working our a*ses of for three years now, but only Mark has a car among all of us." 

"That's because you spend your money on other stuffs, Jackson hyung!" Yugyeom pointed out.

 

They reached the place and Jinyoung could only roll his eyes at how Jackson poorly described it. 

First, it's not a small apartment, but an upscale, and completely furnished apartment. This is not what Jinyoung had in mind when Jackson was talking about it during their car ride!

 

Olympic by Windsor

 

Jinyoung could only hit Jackson on the chest as he read. God. These guys are living in a luxury apartment. That could only mean that their band is no joke.

 

As they entered the door to their owned unit, Jackson was already bluffing. "Welcome to the suite life."

"A*shole." Jinyoung sneered at him before entering.

 

He's not really overwhelmed by the looks of the place the guys were staying at. To be honest, the hotel he's staying at was even more in the high class, but Jinyoung didn't expect this. He thought The Isolated was just a local band playing here and there. He didn't expect that they were actually quite known, the place they're staying at is enough to tell him that

Jinyoung feels elated. It is now sinking in his mind. He's in. He's in one of L.A.'s known local bands. How sweet was that?

 

The guys toured him around, the three of them. Youngjae excused himself and said that he was very tired because he didn't get enough sleep last night. "Overwatch." Jackson whispered to him but Jinyoung didn't quite get that. He just smiled at the pianist saying it's okay and they can catch up some other time.

The band seemed to own a larger suit, it has the capacity of three units. It has four bedrooms. Only Mark and Youngjae has their own room. Yugyeom and Bamban shares a room together. Jinyoung doesn't know why Jackson just winked after saying that.

"If you decide to move in with us, you can room with me. Since, I now have the room all to myself."

"Because you're a cheater!"

"Quiet you, chopstick!" Jackson yelled back at Bambam. "So as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted... you can room with me, Jinyoung."

Jinyoung scratched the back of his head, still unsure of how to digest that idea. "Uhm... But you said we need to ask Mark first, right?"

"Yeah. We can ask him later when he arrives." Jackson shrugged.

Of course. Jinyoung can't wait alright.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Jinyoung should've got himself drunk. 

 

After the grand tour, they decided, much to Jackson's wanting, to go and drink. And after an hour or so, bottles of Bacardi and Jack Daniel's were rolling on the floor.

They were only meant to do some light drinking (though Jinyoung doubted that as soon as he saw what Yugyeom and Bambam bought) because they wanted to get to know Jinyoung more, as Jackson said. 

But when Jinyoung talked about his passion for music, especially singing, Jackson started to talk about Wonpil, who was the band's previous vocalist. The drunk Chinese kept on mumbling about how it wasn't his fault that he looked for somebody new. He was just lonely, he said. He felt taken for granted, he said. And it went on and on for half an hour more.

 

"It's not my fault, Jinyoung-ah. He should've taken care of me more. He should've-" 

Jinyoung can't understand anymore of what Jackson was saying. He just focused on dragging the bassist towards his bedroom. Yugyeom and Bambam already went to theirs, they stumbled on some of the furnitures but, they made it to their room.

Now Jinyoung's thinking...if he got himself drunk, he wouldn't have a hard time on minding Jackson. But now, since he's the sober one, he should take responsibility.

 

"Oh, fck my back!" Jinyoung complained as soon as he had put Jackson on the bed. The man was heavy, alright. He might be taller, but Jackson is definitely bigger.

Being a good bandmate, Jinyoung took off Jackson's shoes, and covered him with the blanket. He left the room after making sure that Jackson is comfortable.

As much as Jinyoung wants to go back to his hotel, he's too tired. And he still drank. Maybe the guys won't mind if he crashed on their place.

 

Jinyoung sat on the couch, deciding that he'll be able to sleep comfortably on it.

He got his phone and checked the time. It's 4am already, so it's probably 8pm in Seoul. He smiled before dialling his boyfriend's number. He's done with his shift for sure.

 

"Oh, hon? Hey!" Jinyoung smiled like a lovestruck idiot, just by hearing Jaebum's voice. "Why are you still awake?"

"Because I'm missing you." 

"I didn't sign up for this, Jinyoung." He just rolled his eyes. He knows Jaebum is smiling right now. "But yeah, I'm missing you too."

See? He's right.

"Are you home now?" 

"No, I just finished a surgery. But I'll be heading off soon."

He hummed. "Tell me about your day."

It's always been like this between the two of them. Despite their different line of work, him spending majority of his time in the company, and Jaebum working for ten long hours in the hospital, they still make it to a point that they get to talk with one another, about how their day went. What they did, what they didn't, how they felt. Everything. They talk about everything.

They've been together for almost four years now. And he can't see his life without Jaebum in it. He's his anchor. With him, he feels safe.

 

"As much as I want to talk to you longer, I think you need to get some shut eye, hon." 

Jinyoung sighed, obviously not wanting to end their conversation. "Okay then, I'll sleep."

"Good. Because I have work tomorrow too. Goodnight, hon."

Jinyoung smiled contentedly, closing his eyes, imagining his boyfriend right in front of him. "Goodnight, hon. I love you."

"And you know very well that I love you too."

 

After ending the call, Jinyoung was about to do just as what he said. But before he could even close his eyes, he heard someone opening the door.

He sat right up. It could be Mark. And why was he suddenly nervous?

 

He walked towards the door. It was already dark and the only light was coming from the kitchen. All Jinyoung can see is a shadow.

But then he heard a laugh, which sounded more throaty and guttural. "Fck." was the next thing he heard.

Jinyoung halted and tried to make something out of the figure in the dark. Only it's not only figure. There were actually two. 

 

They were walking towards the living room, where Jinyoung was. He could almost see them clearly, hands all over each other. Kissing.

He shouldn't have been surprised when he saw it was Mark. With some guy. He remembered Jackson revealing that only Youngjae was straight in their band. So that includes Mark, of course.

But still, seeing Mark, torridly kissing a guy, somehow left him strucked.

 

Just then, Mark's eyes flew open and met Jinyoung's wide ones. 

"Jesus." The drummer muttered while pushing the guy off of him. "What are you doing here?"

"S-sorry... I didn't mean to-"

"Just answer my question." Mark said, cutting him off.

Jinyoung swallowed the lump on his throat before speaking. "Jackson invited me."

He saw how the older sighed exasperatedly, like he's so done with his bandmate. "I'll deal with that head later." Mark said before tugging on the guy he was kissing a while ago.

They went inside the room, which is probably Mark's, but before Jinyoung could recover, Mark opened the door and is now glaring at him.

"I do hope to get some privacy."

Jinyoung raised his hands up, telling the drummer that he's cool with it, and there's nothing to worry.

Without another word, Mark closed the door and after a minute, all Jinyoung could hear were moans.

 

Another impression: he's hot.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Jinyoung was the first one to wake up.

Well that's if he even got a chance to sleep. It took a couple of hours before the whole unit was finally in peace. But his mind seemed to repeat everything that he has heard. Mark really is something.

 

He shook off his thoughts as he prepared breakfast for the guys. They probably have hangover, so he's doing them a favor.

He was in the middle of cooking when Mark's bedroom door opened. Then he saw the drummer, walking with just his boxers on.

Jinyoung averted his gaze, silently asking himself why he's acting like a . He's seen Jaebum hundred of times already. How's Mark in boxers any different?

 

It was then when Mark took notice of him. He's ruffling his hair when he saw Jinyoung. "God. Why do you have to be here, anyway." Mark said before going back inside his room, returning after with a towel draped on his waist. 

The guy he took home last night was following behind him. "Uh, Mark?"

"Thanks for last night. You can find your way out."

Mark made his way to the bathroom without glancing back. That left Jinyoung with the guy. He looks like a local. His tan skin is enough proof.

 

"Hi. I'm Tyler." 

Jinyoung talked to the guy after offering him a cup of coffee. Minutes after, a newly showered Mark came to the kitchen.

He was still glaring at Jinyoung but his expression turned more sour upon seeing Tyler.

 

"Why are you still here?" The words came out too sharp, in Jinyoung's opinion.

"I was waiting for you."

"Okay. Now I'm here. Can you leave?"

Jinyoung was silent. He doesn't want to be involved in this kind of conversation.

"Oh okay. But... Can I see you again?"

Mark sat by the kitchen counter and munched on an apple. "I'm afraid not. I have no time for that."

"But-"

"Tyler, I already told you I don’t do romance. I’m just not into those kind of s. I thought I made it clear to you last night?"

Jinyoung wanted to disappear right now. He shouldn't be witnessing this scene.

The guy, Tyler tried to talk some more but Mark completely blocked him.

"What are you staring at?"

Jinyoung quickly took off his gaze from the drummer.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Their breakfast was composed of the six of them eating, while talking about their gigs. It dawned on Jinyoung that their band is really huge, since they have a hectic schedule, performing from one show to another.

While they were at it, Jackson decided to ask Mark about him moving in with the guys.

 

As usual, it raised an argument between Mark and Jackson. It seems that only Jackson has the guts to go against Mark. 

At the end, Mark just gave it to Jackson, saying he's tired arguing with a kid. Jackson didn't mind. He's just happy that he won the argument.

 

Jinyoung was happy too and was about to breathe a sigh of relief when Mark spoke.

 

"On one condition." This draw all their attention to the drummer. "You," he pointed at Jinyoung. "...will be taking orders from me, as I'm the leader. Whatever I say, you will do. Whatever I want, you will give. Take it as your initiation rights."

"But we didn't have that, hyung!"

"Oh I could give you one now, Bam." and that's enough to silence the younger.

"What's this about, Tuan? You'll seriously give Jinyoung a hard time?" Jackson asked.

"It was you who said that we needed him. Though I clearly said that we don't. Now I should see for myself if I really do need him. Seems fair, right?"

Mark is looking at him, waiting for his answer. But he couldn't give any.

 

"And besides, if he can't take it...the door is open. He could always leave."

 

And that maybe did it. Those words fueled Jinyoung's desire on getting and staying in this band.

 

Jinyoung matched Mark's eyes. "Okay. I'm up for it."

 

Life is not always sweet. Maybe this is the bitter part.

 

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

 

It's a bit late but at least I still posted this.

 

I feel strange on writing this fic. It's so different from JWIT. And I think I'm having a separation anxiety from MarkJinJio and the whole gang! Help. Hahaha.

 

Anyway, I'll try my best to stand by my decision. Haha. How am I doing so far?

 

Please leave a comment :)

And subscribe and upvote if you still haven't. It'll make me really happy! :)

 

See you next chapter! Toodles! :*

 

 

<3 nicapark