Giving up

His Voice

a/n: *sips tea before starting typing*

 

◦•●◉◉●•◦◦•●◉◉●•◦◦•●◉◉●•◦◦•●◉◉●•◦

 

Jinyoung kissed his forehead. "So, I'll get going now. See you later."

Because he's very much tiredMark wasn't even able to see Jinyoung leave their bedroom. He immediately went lying back on the bed and covered himself with the blanket.

He's wearing nothing underneath and he's feeling kinda cold. I should've asked him to turn off the air-con or at least adjust the thermostat before he left. Mark grunted. He's too drained to move. He'll just cover himself real good.

 

It was an hour after, but it really felt like five minutes later for Mark, when Yugyeom knocked on his door, calling him "Hyung!" to check if he's still sleeping.

His sleepy voice saying "It's open!" ought to tell Yugyeom that he can come in. So the youngest did.

"Mark hyung? Are you awake now?"

This nitwit, Mark thought. How else could he answer if he isn't? He just sat up and rubbed his eyes open. He saw Yugyeom standing by the door.

"Breakfast is ready. Come on out and we will eat."

Mark noticed that Yugyeom is not looking at him and is standing too far from him. "Why are you acting like I have some kind of an infectious disease?"

Yugyeom looked at the ceiling as he answered. "Well, hyung you have been pretty wild these past few days. I was just trying to keep some distance, just in case you jump on me."

Mark's mouth fell open. What in is he saying? Grabbing his pillow, he threw it at the guitarist.

"The ?! You're not Jinyoung, why would I do that?!"

But the maknae just exited his room and is now probably running towards the kitchen.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

After breakfast, Mark finally took a shower. His boyfriend, with Jackson has been gone for two hours now. 

He sat on the couch where Youngjae is sitting, watching an award show. 

"This singer is really cool." Youngjae comments every once in a while.

Mark is not really paying much attention. He's just here for the popcorn.

He's actually texting Jinyoung. He doesn't know how his boyfriend is able to text while working out. All he's reading are his complaints about how tiring each set is. He told him off and texted Be a man! Which then the younger replied Oh I'll show you how manly I am when I get back.

And with that, he can't help but grin like an idiot. Park Jinyoung being a tease is a concept.

 

"It's still weird to see you this happy, hyung."

Mark only noticed that Youngjae's attention is now on him and not on the award show. 

"Oh. Really?" Mark sent one last reply: Oh I'm trembling... before he turned to the younger beside him.

"Yes, really." Youngjae is smiling at him all knowingly. "Since I've known you, you were always cold and distant. But since we met Jinyoung hyung, I've seen different sides from you. You were never affected by anyone, unlike with him. You rarely smile or laugh, but with Jinyoung hyung, you do just those."

Mark stared at Youngjae who is still smiling happily at him. 

"I'm just glad that I turned out to be correct."

"Correct in what?"

"That maybe, two broken hearts can find a way to fix each other and be whole again."

Mark won't deny that there's something stirring inside his heart. But he won't let the younger see that. He doesn't want him to know how soft and whipped he is for Jinyoung.

"I never thought you were the romantic kind." He teased.

"Wow. Now I'm the romantic one?" Youngjae feigned a shock. "Was I the one who loves cuddling during movie night? Was I the one who shouted 'I love you too' at the beach?"

"Yah! How did you know all that?"

He saw how Youngjae smirked at him. "I have my sources..."

Mark could only grunt. "Park Jinyoung."

Youngjae's laugh echoed through the walls of the apartment. Mark just sulked on his seat. He'll deal with Jinyoung later.

 

"But hyung, may I ask you something?"

The drummer just hummed in response as he opened to see another message from Jinyoung.

 

"Have you really moved on from Jinwoo?"

The question made him stop for a bit. Putting down his phone, he stared back at the younger. "I love Jinyoung. That's what matters, right?"

 

Before Youngjae could speak, they heard the doorbell ringing. 

A newly showered Bambam ran outside of his room. "Oh. I'll go get it. This might be my new shoes!"

Mark just rolled his eyes at the red haired. He's at it again, online shopping. 

"I already told him to stop." Yugyeom who just got out of the room said.

 

It was a while after when they heard Bambam calling out. "Jinyoung hyung is not here!"

Mark and Youngjae exchanged looks before turning heads towards the door. They saw Bambam walking backwards. "I'm sorry but-"

 

Then there's him.

"I'm not here for Jinyoung."

Bambam turned to Mark while scratching his head. "Hyung, I tried to stop him but-"

"What are you doing here?" Mark stood and asked Jaebum. He's here. He really flew all the way back to L.A.

This is sudden. But Mark didn't let Jaebum see how surprised he is.

 

"Jinyoung hyung is with Jackson hyung. Your visit is not in timing." Youngjae who also stood up, said.

But Jaebum just cocked his said to one side as a lopsided smile crossed his face.

"I'm not here for him." He said all too casually before turning to face him. "I came here for you, Mark."

Mark stood still, matching Jaebum's gaze. "Should I be honored? You flew all the way from Korea just to see me? Am I that special?"

He saw how Jaebum clenched his jaw. "That's what I was wondering also. You are not that special. Which leaves me asking why Jinyoung chose to stay here with you, rather than go back to Korea with me. He can really be bad in decision making sometimes."

"Is that what you think of Jinyoung? That he stayed here because of another man? Were you really this shallow?"

He heard Jaebum scoff as the latter walked closer. "Then why else will he stay?"

"He loves music. Didn't he make that clear to you? His heart belongs to music but you're too selfish to understand that." Mark spatted. "Your selfishness made you lose him."

"He's got a much better life ahead of him, Mark!" Jaebum is now in front of him. "He's set to run his dad's company. That's how it should've been, if he didn't come across this stupid band of yours!"

"How dare you call our band stupid!" 

Mark immediately shushed Bambam who's about to interfere. This is between him and Jaebum. No one else should get involved.

"But did you ever ask him if he wanted that?" Mark walked towards Jaebum, putting emphasis on every word he's saying. "That life you all prepared for him to have... did you ask him if he really wants it?"

Jaebum seemed to be caught off guard, but he still answered back. "I always wanted what's best for him!"

"But he doesn't want that, does he?!" Mark felt something in him that wants to snap. "If you really did love him, you should've considered his needs and wants. You should've listened to him. Instead of pushing him on becoming someone you wanted him to be, you should've supported and helped him become the person he really wants to be." He breathed heavily as he stared at Jaebum's eyes. "Isn't that what love really is?"

 

There was silence. 

He hasn't heard anything from Jaebum. The younger is just staring at him, with eyes he can't read. 

Mark sighed as he bruhed his hair frustratedly. 

 

"So you're saying it's you who understands him better?" Jaebum finally spoke. "It's you who loves him better. Is that what you're saying, Mark?"

Mark has his brows knitted as he stared back at him. Did he even say that?

"Is that why you stole him away from me?" 

What?! 

"When we broke up, you finally saw your chance." Jaebum looked at him with spite in his eyes. "You wanted to have him back, is that it? Like how you had him five years ago?"

Mark's eyes have gone huge with what he's heard from Jaebum. How did he... How did he know?

"You haven't really moved on, have you Mark?" Now Jaebum's eyes are filled with mockery. "Even after five ing years, you were still desperately hoping that he'll come back to you? That you'll have him again." 

Jaebum walked towards him and pushed his chest. He's not able to speak.

"Maybe you planned all this. Us, breaking up. And you sleeping your way to Jinyoung's heart." Jaebum let out a forced laugh. "If I'd only known sooner. I should've dragged Jinyoung away from you. Well now that you have things the way you wanted, are you happy now?"

Mark stuttered but he still tried to talk. "That was never my intention."

"What the are you saying, Mark!" Jaebum suddenly grabbed him by his collar. "Stop lying to my face! You wanted this to happen!"

And it's as if Jaebum triggered him, clenching his fist, he shouted back.

 

"I stood back, Jaebum! You all know that! When he chose to leave, I didn't stop him! Hell, I didn't even run after him! I let him leave me, even if it had hurt me so much!" He felt all his anger seething with every word. "And now, now that he's back again, you're saying it's my fault?! He came back without me asking for it, and yet I'm still the bad guy?"

But Jaebum didn't seem to listen to him. His hold on him became tighter, almost choking him.

"I never thought you had it in you! You were just waiting for the right time to steal Jinyoung away from me, aren't you?"

 

Mark is done with him. He's done explaining. He didn't flinch. He remained staring back at Jaebum, matching his rage.

"Why would I even need to steal him, when he's already mine from the very start?"

It came too fast. The blow that came from Jaebum's fist hitting his jaw. He felt his elbow hit the hard floor as he fell down.

But for a funny reason, he doesn't want to fight back. Just then he saw Jinyoung in front of him, looking worried.

"What the hell, Jaebum!" Jinyoung shouted as he shoot daggers at Jaebum who has Jackson on his side now.

"What is this? You said you only want to talk to Mark!" He heard Jackson as the bassist pushed Jaebum on the chest.

"You're defending him now? , Jinyoung! It's all that man's fault!" Jaebum insisted. "Let go of me, Jackson!"

That's when Jinyoung stood up. "Enough! Stop it, Jaebum!" 

Mark saw how Jinyoung took hold of Jaebum's hand and how he wanted to protest but he stopped himself. Jinyoung dragged the other out of the apartment without saying another word.

 

"Hyung, are you okay?!" Yugyeom is now on his side, checking his wounded lips. 

"He's a crackhead!" Bambam said in irritation before crouching down to check on him. "You should've let me punch him."

Mark just wiped the blood off his lips when he heard Youngjae.

"Did you know about this, hyung?" He's talking to Jackson. "Did you know about Jaebum going here?"

As Jackson looked at him, he saw his apologetic eyes. "I-I'm sorry, Mark... I just-"

But they were interrupted when they heard Jaebum's shout for help. Panicking, Mark stood up and rushed outside the apartment. Only to see Jinyoung lying on the floor, unconscious. 

He was quick on his feet as he pushed Jaebum aside to see Jinyoung. "Jinyoung? Jinyoung, wake up!" But he's not responsive which only heightened his worry.

"I didn't mean to-"

He turned to Jaebum and grabbed on his collars. "If something bad happens to him, mark my words. I'll make sure you'll pay."

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

"Hyung?"

Mark woke up when he felt a tap on his shoulder. It's Bambam.

"Come on, you've been here for twelve hours already."

 

They're at the hospital. 

After seeing Jinyoung unconscious, they rushed him to the hospital and the doctors treated him.

Now they're just waiting for him to regain consciousness. The doctors said he's out of danger. But him waking up, might take a day or two.

 

"I'm fine." He said, sitting up and fixing his hair. "I'm fine, Bam."

He saw how the younger looked at him. "Hyung, no you're obviously not." The red haired sat on the couch across him. "I know how worried and concerned you are for Jinyoung hyung, but if he wakes up and see you in your current state, I don't think he'll be happy."

Mark didn't speak. He clasped his hands together and propped his elbows on the side of Jinyoung's bed. 

He stared at him, who is sleeping peacefully. Please wake up. I need you to wake up.

 

"Jinyoung hyung is fine now. The doctors said that." 

"But-"

"No buts, hyung." Bambam said to him. "Go home and take a proper rest. You also need to shower. When you come back, you can bring fresh clothes and maybe some pillows and blanket so you can sleep here later this night."

Mark heaved a sigh, still undecided. He doesn't want to leave Jinyoung.

"Come on, hyung? Don't you trust me?"

"I don't think I should."

"Yah!" He laughed at the younger's whine. "I'll take care of Jinyoung hyung while you're away. Later Gyeomie and Youngjae hyung will also go here. We can all make sure that Jinyoung hyung will be safe."

With another sigh, Mark nodded his head. Okay, he thought. Maybe he could trust his friends.

Besides, he really needs to shower.

 

"Okay, Bam. I'll put my trust in you." Bambam saluted.

Standing up, he reached for Jinyoung's head and kissed his hair. "I'll just go for a bit, babe. I'll be back." He caressed his cheeks. "I love you."

 

When he reached the apartment, he saw Jackson who is cooking something. He thinks it's for Bambam.

"Hey, hyung!" Youngjae called him. "It's good to see you go home. We're preparing lunch, so that we can eat there while watching over Jinyoung hyung."

"Thank you, guys."

The two just nodded, with Jackson still with those guilty eyes. 

Mark sighed. He'll talk to Jackson some other time. But not now.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Mark is driving fast.

It was around four in the afternoon when he woke up from his nap and heard his phone ringing.

It was Bambam, and when he answered, the younger kept on saying sorry. He's confused but he felt somewhat nervous.

 

"He's here, hyung. And he took Jinyoung hyung away."

 

Mark went to the front desk to ask where Jinyoung is admitted in.

Bambam said that he's been transferred to another room. When the nurse told him, he ran towards the elevator and punched 12. 

He shifted on his feet while waiting for the lift to take him to the said floor. He dashed along the halls, looking for the room number the nurse had told him.

 

But when he reached the door, he saw two men in black suit. Although he knows his chances, he still tried to enter the room. As expected, the guards stopped him.

"Let go of me, I need to see him!" But they didn't budge. "! I said let go of me! Jinyoung! Jinyoung!"

Just then, the door opened, revealing a man on his late fifties. He's dressed in a grey suit. He still looked the same, minus the grey strands on his hair. But just like how he last saw him, he's still the same powerful man. So full of himself. His presence is enough to make someone as small as Mark, shudder.

 

"Mark Tuan." His deep voice emanates power. But the way he looked at him is something more. "Why are you out here making a scene for everyone to see?"

Mark once again tried to break free of the grasp of the two bodyguards. He saw how the old man signalled the two to let go of him.

"Sir..." He started. "Sir, please let me see him. I just want to talk to him."

"You don't need to talk to my son."

Mark felt something in his stomach as he saw how Mr. Park is looking down on him.

"Please, sir. I need to talk to him." He pleaded. "Is he okay? I just want to see him. Please..." His lips started to quiver as he knelt down. "Please don't do this to us."

"Get up!" The man's voice thundered. "Don't you get it? My son is fine. Jinyoung is okay. Everything is okay until you showed up!"

Mark remained on his knees as he felt the sides of his eyes burning. 

"I don't even know how things turned this way! I made sure everything was under my control. Everything is set. He's about to take over our company. He's with Jaebum. Everything is according to plan. Why'd you have to ruin everything again, Mark?!"

But Mark just cried. All he thinks about is Jinyoung. All his fears are returning again. Now that he's in front of him. 

"Sir... Please. Please let me see Jinyoung. I need to talk to him-"

"JINYOUNG IS FINE!" Mr. Park's voice resounded along the hallways. It almost made Mark jump. "And he doesn't need you."

 

Clenching his fist, Mark slowly stood up with all his remaining strength. 

"Why are you this mad at me?" He challenged the older. "What did I do to deserve all your anger and hate towards me, sir? All I ever did was love your son."

As he stared at the other, Mark felt a little braver to say his thoughts. All those things he kept inside of him.

"I loved Jinyoung. Even before I learned that he's Jinyoung, the son of one of the most succesful business man in South Korea. I loved him then." Mark inched closer. "I loved your son even before you showed up. Before you showed up and took him away from me!"

Is it just him? Or did he just see a flick of fear across those eyes?

"You can't go on talking to Jinyoung about that."

Mark scoffed and smiled sarcastically. "Why wouldn't I, sir? If you really think that you've succeeded on getting me out of his memory, is there anything for you to be afraid of?"

He heard a snap and he felt a sting on his right cheek. 

But he's too tired to care about it. He has felt enough pain to ignore the slap Mr. Park had given him. 

The older man's eyes were full of anger. "You better leave, Mark." 

The drummer felt his arms being dragged by the two men beside him. But he gave one last look at the man in front of him.

"And you will never see my son again!"

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Mark made it to their apartment. He doesn't know if he should be glad about that.

 

When he entered the unit, Jackson was behind him, along with the other members.

"Mark, I know it's my fault." 

He wanted to ignore the bassist. But Jackson kept on talking.

"It's my fault and I'm sorry-"

That did it for him, and all his patience and reasoning flew out the window. He's now gripping on Jackson's collar. 

"You're ing right, this is all your fault!" He said through gritted teeth. His knuckles are almost turning white.

He heard the younger ones yelling at him to stop and to let go of the bassist but Mark can't get a hold of himself anymore.

"Mark-"

"If it wasn't because of you, he shouldn't have been... Jinyoung should've..." He felt his tears streaming down as he stared at Jackson's guilty eyes.

It doesn't matter now, does it? Whose fault is it, it doesn't matter.

"!" is all Mark could mutter as he stormed towards his room.

 

Mark kicked on his door as he closed it. He's hurting all over. 

Jinyoung... He might lose him.

He sat on his bed as he covered his face full of tears with his hands. No... Jinyoung...

 

Hid mind travelled back to that time when it all started...

 

 

 

Mark wiped off his sweat as he finished mopping the floor. 

It's his weekly task. To clean the apartment's floor. It's his payment for the kindness of Mrs. Kang, the landlady of the place he and his dad are staying at, for giving them a fifty percent discount from the rent. 

He was about to keep the mop when he saw a pair of shoes mercilessly walking along the floor which he just finished cleaning!

His eyes stared from the shoes, to the owner's face.

 

It's a boy. He looks younger than him. Maybe a year or two? But he doesn't care about that. All he knows is this careless and mindless boy just ruined the newly mopped floor which he spent hours on.

Mark is pissed. But he got more pissed when the boy just shrugged after seeing what he has done. The boy was even about to walk away.

"YAH!" he called on the other. "Where do you think you're going?"

The boy raised his eyebrows but didn't answer. Mark was about to repeat himself when Mrs. Kang appeared by the door.

"Oh Mark." The landlady looked over the floor and probably saw the shoeprints. "You should've taken off your shoes." She said to the boy, tapping his shoulders. "Sorry about that, Mark."

And Mark can't say anything against it now, can he?

"It's okay, eomeoni." Mark lied because it's definitely not okay. He has to mop that area again.

Mrs. Kang held the young boy by his shoulders and walked towards Mark.

"This is Jinwoo." Oh, he'll never forget his name. "He'll be staying here with us so I hope you two will get along with each other well."

The landlady smiled at Jinwoo. "And this is Mark. He's older than you so call him hyung. You'll be attending to the same school he's going to. Be nice to him, okay?"

He saw how the younger gave him a side glance before managing a brief smile to Mrs. Kang. "Okay, eomeoni." 

The landlady smiled at the both of them but Mark's eyes were stucked on that Jinwoo kid. He's younger than him, but he looks like a pain in the neck. He's younger than him. So does it mean it's him who should be more understanding and patient?

When the kid rolled his eyes at him, that's when Mark decided he hates him.

 

They never got along well. 

But maybe they're both good at pretending. At least they made his dad and Mrs. Kang believe that they're in good terms.

But Jinwoo, really. He always gets on Mark's nerves. 

 

One afternoon, Mark was painting their front gate when he accidentally spilled some paint on Jinwoo's rubber shoes.

At first, Mark panicked. But upon realizing that those shoes were actually Jinwoo's and they weren't exactly friends, Mark made himself believe that Jinwoo deserved it.

 

"What have you done?!" Jinwoo's voice echoed in Mark's room. He's holding his shoes which has red paint on it. 

"It was an accident." 

It really was. But Mark apologized half heartedly. He deserves it, he keeps on telling himself.

 

But when Mark saw how Jinwoo still wore those shoes despite the red paint on it, he felt a bit guilty.

So he tried to look for a parttime job to earn money, that he could use to buy Jinwoo a new pair of rubber shoes. After a month of hardwork, he was able to buy a new pair.

But when he gave it to Jinwoo, the younger didn't accept it. Surprised, and a bit offended, Mark snapped at him.

"Are you this difficult? I bought these shoes for you as a form of apology, but you won't accept it?"

Jinwoo just stared at him impassively. "Okay. Then I forgive you. But you can keep those shoes. I don't need them."

"What, you don't need them? Yours are ruined. Just throw those and use these." 

He's about to get Jinwoo's old shoes when the younger threw his hands away. "Didn't you hear what I just said?"

Mark was taken aback but he still answered. "I did. But can you stop being stubborn and just get rid of those shoes? I already got you a new one!"

Jinwoo's expression changed as he inched towards him. Mark stood back.

 

"Have you ever loved something so dearly?" He asked him. "That even when you're given other things which may appear as same, you'll still choose to keep it? You'd still choose it over anything. You haven't, right?"

 

Their argument reached Mrs. Kang and she got mad at them. As a punishment, they have to wash the dishes at Mrs. Kang's restaurant.

While they were at it, Mark tried his luck again and apologized to Jinwoo.

 

"My mom gave it to me."

 

Jinwoo's mom, who passed away when he was twelve. He loves his mom so much. And that's enough to pick Mark's guilt.

The day after, Mark spent hours on removing the red paint on Jinwoo's shoes. 

That night, he gave it to Jinwoo. He saw how happy Jinwoo was. And that's enough to make up for the wounds he had on his fingers.

 

Since then, they became friends. Best friends. 

In school, even if Mark is ahead of Jinwoo, they always spend time together. They felt comfortable around each other, that it started to scare Mark.

Never has he felt this strong for someone. And he least expected it to be with Jinwoo. 

He's confused. And he was afraid that Jinwoo might not feel the same. How could he like a boy like him? Maybe Jinwoo only sees him as an older brother.

Mark tried to date girls. He's seventeen, and a lot of girls are crushing on him. So he didn't have a hard time.

Everything was going well. Not until that one time.

 

Mark was running. He's looking for Jinwoo. 

Some of his classmates said that he ran towards the field so that's where Mark is going. . Heeyeon shouldn't have kissed him. 

When he reached the field, he saw Jinwoo crying. But the younger lied about it.

Without saying a word, he brought his lips to Jinwoo's. And right then, he feels everything is in its proper place. 

He stared at those brown eyes. "Yours is the only kiss that'll matter."

 

It was their second anniversary when they met Jinwoo's dad.

That's when Mark also learned that, Jinwoo is actually Park Jinyoung - the son of the CEO of Park Enterprises. 

To say that he's surprised is an understatement. But he's more worried when Jinyoung's dad threatened on taking the younger away from them, from him.

But Jinyoung just kissed all his fears away.

"He can have the company." He assured him. "I'll never go with him. If it means leaving you, then I will never go with him. I love you Mark. And I will stay here, with you. I promise."

 

But things got complicated as soon as Jinyoung's father started to take some action to get his son back. 

He first attacked Mrs. Kang's small restaurant. And then his dad's workplace.

Jinyoung strived to earn money, with the help of his band, doing shows from left and right but his cruel father even sabotaged his struggling career.

Then came Mrs. Kang's illness. She's suffering from Alzheimer's and needs medication. They were all so helpless at the hands of the great Park Dong Man. But they didn't let go of each other.

They kept on fighting.

Jinyoung said they'd keep on fighting.

 

But Mark's world crumbled when one night, he went home only to find Jinyoung's note.

    I'm sorry Mark. But I can't do this anymore. This is all too difficult for me. I'm sorry for leaving you, but this is for the best. I'm sorry.

 

He felt so lost after reading Jinyoung's letter. He left. Even despite of his promise, he still left.

 

 

 

Mark wiped off his tears after reminiscing what had happened five years ago.

How Jinyoung left him. And five years later, had the audacity to show up like nothing has happened. As if he wasn't the cause of Mark's misery.

 

After Jinyoung left, Mark flew to L.A. with his dad and Mrs. Kang. They went back to where him and his dad lived when he was still young.

He worked for the three of them. When his dad died, he felt even more alone. 

That's when he met Jackson and asked him to join his band. There, he met Youngjae, Bambam and Yugyeom.

They all helped him to cope up with life in L.A. a life without Jinyoung.

 

"Mark..."

 

He looked up, to see Jackson by the door. He didn't say anything. He doesn't know what to say, anyway.

 

Jackson walked towards him and leaned on the dresser.

"Mark, I'm sorry." The bassist started off. "I wasn't expecting that this would happen."

He heard his long sigh.

"Since Jinyoung and Jaebum broke up, I've been communicating with him. With Jaebum." 

There was a brief silence before Jackson continued.

"Jaebum still haven't moved on from Jinyoung. Through me, he's able to know how Jinyoung was doing. I've been updating him. Even about your relationship with Jinyoung. I told him about it. I just thought, he deserves to know." 

He saw how the chinese stared down at his own hands. "Of course, he's brokenhearted. But he said all he wants is for Jinyoung to be happy. I thought he accepted it. But last week, he called and said he wanted to talk to you. I thought he just wanted to talk, so I agreed. And maybe, to have a proper closure with Jinyoung. I didn't... I didn't know things will turn out this way."

Jackson's eyes met his. "And I'm really sorry."

 

Mark heaved a sigh. "Even if I do forgive you, what else can it do? What else can I do, Jackson?" Mark felt his heart clenching again. "I might not see Jinyoung again, tell me what else can I do?"

With that, Jackson wasn't able to answer.

"How many times should I lose him? Was once not enough? He came back, only to leave me again?"

He felt Jackson beside him, tapping his back as he cried.

"You can't give up, just yet Mark. Please tell me, you're not giving Jinyoung up."

 

Mark bit his quivering lips. It's too much painful. He wished he was numb. "I... I don't know anymore."

"Will you just give Jinyoung up? Could you really do that?"

But Mark can't think anymore. "Even if I don't want to...even if I say I can't...what else is there for me to do?"

 

He's too tired. He's so done with pain, he doesn't want to feel anything anymore. 

"Maybe this is just how things should be. Maybe some people are only meant to meet each other, but not to stay together."

 

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

 

Annyeong? :)

 

Oh would you look at that?! I reached 5,000 words!!! Hahaha. 

This is very long. And very draining.

it took me six hours to write this. No fair!

 

Okay. Enough talking. I hope this chapter answered some of your questions (if not all)

Please leave a comment! Pretty please!

 

Next update will probably be on Friday. 

This fic will end over the weekends. I'm crying!

 

 

Anyway, I need to go now. Let's meet in the next update, TOODLES! :*

 

 

<3 nicapark