Letting Go

His Voice

 

"Good afternoon, sir. Dinner is served-"

"I'm not hungry, Mrs. Hong." Jinyoung said, cutting the housekeeper's sentence, as he passed by to go up stairs to his room.

"But sir..."

"I'm all right, Mrs. Hong. I already ate at school."

He saw how the old woman sighed before finally nodding, letting him go.

 

It's another day from school. Jinyoung is now on his ninth grade. But he finds school boring. He'd rather spend his time on other stuffs. Other meaningful stuffs.

Jinyoung is not even halfway the stairs when he heard his father's deep resounding voice. 

"Son."

Jinyoung sighed before turning to face his father who is at the foot of the staircase. "Dad."

His father is wearing a suit, different from what he was wearing earlier this morning. "I'm off to meet some investors. I'll be back later this evening." Jinyoung just nodded. "You should head to your room and study your lessons. Your exams are on this week, right?" Another nod. "Well, then. You have to review. I'll go ahead."

With a brief wave, "Bye, dad." Jinyoung said. And as soon as his father is out of his sight, he walked to his room.

 

Upon putting his backpack on top of his bed, Jinyoung felt his phone buzz. He just received a text message from Junho, his bandmate.

Concealed to his father's knowledge, Jinyoung has joined this band, along with his schoolmates. He's the youngest member of their band, but it was never a problem. s recognize his worth as the vocalist of their band.

Only his father doesn't. He never did support him. That's why he hid it from him. He's sure, when his father finds out, it'll be hell for him.

 

He read the message, telling him that they have a gig later tonight. He only has less than an hour to prepare. 

They've been playing in these bars within the city. Since their leader is legally an adult, it's easier for them to get into these places. All they do is perform, anyway. And the money they earn is not bad.

After texting an "I'm coming", Jinyoung quickly changed his uniform to something casual - a white shirt paired with ripped jeans.

Grabbing his backpack, he walked towards the door to lock it. Just in case. And then headed for the window.

Running off is not new to him. He's been doing it for a long time now, and he has devised a couple of ways to run away from his dad. And his methods weren't failures. He always succeeds. 

Just like now.

 

Jumping off the window, and after closing it, he walked along the roof and jumped off the yard. He's a pro at this.

Jinyoung smoothed off his shirt, but as he turned, he saw Jaebum - with his arms crossed.

 

"You seriously need to stop jumping off your room's window."

Jinyoung gave him a lopsided smile. "How else will I be able to run away, then?"

Jaebum got his backpack from him as they walked towards the older's scooter. He has one, since he's already fifteen, and he's lucky to have a dad who supports him. Yeah, Jinyoung envies him.

Jaebum handed him his helmet. "You could always call me. I'll be here in a heartbeat." he felt the older knock on the helmet which he's now wearing on his head. It made a sound. "You're that special."

Jinyoung chuckled. "Since when did you become this mushy?" He tapped on the scooter's seat. "Come on. We only have less than 40 minutes to get there."

He didn't need to ask. With a hiss, Jaebum rode the scooter and inserted his keys. 

 

 

Jinyoung sat by the counter where Jaebum was waiting for him. He's still clapping his hands though their performance was long over.

"Wow!" Jaebum handed him a glass of iced tea. "You really look like you were born to perform on that stage!" 

And he went on, about how good Jinyoung sings each and every song. It's not new to the younger. His best friend has always been like this. Next to his mom, Jaebum is his biggest fan. It's not debatable.

"You really were made for this, Jinyoung." Jaebum tapped his back as he put his arm around his shoulder. "I'll continue to support you, I promise."

 

--------

 

"WHAT IS THIS??!" 

His dad's voice thundered inside his room.

 

Jinyoung is seated on his bed, keeping his head down. His father is towering over him, holding a picture. It's a picture, taken by someone Jinyoung doesn't give a about. But in the picture, he's singing on the stage, together with his bandmates.

As to how the picture ended in his father's hands, he's not sure. And quite frankly, he doesn't care. 

His father found out. That's it.

 

"All along, you are in this stupid band, wasting your time singing in some bar. Jinyoung! I expected you to know better! And to do better!"

Jinyoung didn't talk. He does know better. He knows better than to argue with his dad.

"So this is what you want to do with your life? Is that it, Jinyoung?!" His father's chest went up and down upon speaking. He threw the pictures on the bed, beside him.

"I cannot allow this. I will never allow this." 

Jinyoung kept his head down.

"From now on, you're not allowed to go anywhere but school." That made him look up. "You heard me right. You will never come across these pathetic guys again!"

Jinyoung balled his hands to a fist as he stood up. Now, he's facing his father. "Pathetic? Who are you to judge them like that? Just because they're nowhere near your level, doesn't mean they're pathetic, dad!"

He saw how his father's eyes have gone huge. "Is this what you've learned from them? How to disrespect me, your father? That only validates my decision. You are never to speak with any of them again. You're not a kid anymore! Know your priorities!" How his father looks down on him draw something in Jinyoung's throat. "If your mother is still here, she would be disappointed."

 

Jinyoung felt like shaking upon the mention of his mom. His stare turned into glare as he directed his eyes at his father.

"How could you drag my mom to this?" He spatted. "It was your fault! It's your fault why mom died!" Jinyoung clenched his fists hard, trying to contain his anger but it's all spilling out. "If only you loved my mom right, if you didn't cheat on her, she wouldn't have suffered! She should've still been with me. And now, you'll demand that I become a good son when in the first place you weren't a good husband to my mom, and a good father to me-"

He felt a slap on his face. It was sudden. But surprisingly, it didn't hurt.

His father stood in front of him, pointing his finger at him. "You are in no position to disrespect me like this! You're just my son."

His eyes didn't change. Jinyoung couldn't feel anything but anger. And hatred.

"You're not going anywhere. Stay here inside your room."

He heard his father instruct the maids as he left his room. But Jinyoung couldn't care less.

All that's running in his head were his father's words. You're just my son. Jinyoung scoffed. How he wish he wasn't.

 

Without any second thoughts, Jinyoung grabbed his bag and stuffed it with some of his clothes. He got his wallet. He has cash, a month worth of allowance. He also has his card. He'll use it.

Wearing his rubber shoes, which his mom gave him, Jinyoung headed for the window. He's had enough. His father only made him realize that he can't live with him anymore. 

Leaving the house was not difficult for him. Now he's out on the streets. He's not sure where to go but his feet took him to the train station.

 

"One ticket please." The lady asked him where to, but Jinyoung isn't sure what to answer. "Where is this train headed to?"

"To Busan." the lady replied.

"How long will it take me to get there?" the lady said it's less than three hours. It's only 4 in the afternoon. "Okay. One ticket to Busan please."

 

When he was inside the train, only then did it dawn to him that he's really doing this-running away. It's his first time to ride a public transit. Just then, he heard his phone ringing.

He was nervous, but felt relieved when he saw that it's Jaebum. So he answered. 

 

"Where are you, right now?"

Jaebum is worried. He learned from Junho that his father found out about the band. And now Jaebum knows he ran away. 

Jaebum pleaded for him to come back. He even said he'll help him talk to his dad. To try to change his mind and allow him to continue it with the band. But Jinyoung has decided. Jaebum has already helped him enough. He doesn't want to cause him any more trouble.

"I'm fine, Jaebum." He said over the line. "And I promise to always be fine. Okay? You don't need to worry about me anymore. I just..." he sighed. "I just need to find myself. I can't continue living like how my dad wanted me to. I need this, Jaebum. I'll try to fix myself and my life, on my own. And when I do, I promise... I promise I'll come back. I'm not leaving you. You know I can't do that. I just need time. Please give me this one."

And of course Jaebum wasn't able to change his mind. 

He didn't tell him where he was and where he's about to go. It's not that he doesn't trust Jaebum. He just doesn't want to burden him into keeping his secret.

Jinyoung wants a new life. A fresh start.

 

And maybe, just maybe...he'll get just that in Busan.

 

---------

 

"Do you want to eat, son?"

 

Jinyoung was startled when an old lady went out of the restaurant where he was standing outside.

He just passed by, and saw a couple of people eating inside the restaurant. They all seem to enjoy their dinner and Jinyoung can't stop his stomach from growling. He's hungry alright. It's past 7 in the evening and he has to eat.

If not for those lazy assed guys who mugged him by the street, he would still have his money. But of course they took everything from him. He's glad he still has his clothes.

 

"Uhm... N-no.. Uhm... I don't..." He stuttered. How could he say it, that he doesn't have money. It's embarrassing. 

The woman walked up to him and put her hand on his shoulder. "You probably haven't eaten dinner yet, correct?" He wasn't able to answer. The lady started to walk towards the restaurant, tugging him along. "Come on, let's get inside and I'll get you something to eat."

Jinyoung stopped abruptly. "I don't... Uhm..." He bit his lips as he stared down. "I don't have money, ma'am. I won't be able to pay."

But the old lady just smiled at him warmly. And it tugs his heart remembering how his mom used to smile at him when she was still with him. 

"Who even talked about paying?"

 

Inside, the old lady introduced herself as Kang Hyejin, but she told him to call her Mrs. Kang. She owns the restaurant. That figures, since she just let him eat everything he wants without asking him for a single cent. 

Mrs. Kang asked him where he was from. He said he's from Seoul. But as to how he came here and the reason behind it, he lied. "My name is Jinwoo." 

He lied about his parents who passed away when he was young. He lied about going here to find a job because he dropped out from school. He lied basically about everything.

He can't say that he is Park Jinyoung, son of Park Dong Man - CEO of Park Enterprises. Mrs. Kang will surely send him back to Seoul if she finds out. And he doesn't want that.

"If you want to, and you have nowhere else to go, you could stay here. With me."

 

Mrs. Kang has no family. She didn't have a husband, and a son. She owns this apartment, near the restaurant and she said that's where he'll be staying. Jinyoung has no much of a choice. It's already a blessing to meet someone as kind as Mrs. Kang. So he agreed and thanked the old lady.

"Thank you, eomeoni. I promise I'll be good."

 

--------

 

"Where do you think you're going?!"

A young boy, with dark brown hair just yelled at him. He just did. 

Raising his eyebrows, Jinyoung stared back at him. He's wearing a loose shirt, and shorts and he's holding a mop. Oh, he thought. Jinyoung could only hit his head mentally as he realized what he has done. 

"You should've taken off your shoes." He could only agree to what Mrs. Kang has said. 

The old lady apologized to the boy, who seems to be cursing at him in his mind now. He's mad alright. Jinyoung could see that. But why did he say it's okay? The boy is obviously lying. 

"And this is Mark. He's older than you so call him hyung. You'll be attending to the same school he's going to. Be nice to him, okay?"

Well, that's a lot to process. He's gonna have to be nice to this boy, Mark, who clearly doesn't like him.

"Okay eomeoni." He just said, eyes still fixed on the older. But Jinyoung can't see any sincerity from his eyes which pisses him off.

Rolling his eyes, he turned to leave and follow Mrs. Kang who'll show him his room.

 

It would be a lie if Jinyoung says that all things went smoothly. It's not because of Mrs. Kang. Neither because of Mr. Tuan. 

"What have you done?!" He asked while showing his ruined rubber shoes to the person who caused him so much stress. 

But Mark just shrugged. "It was an accident."

 

He wanted to be petty. He wanted to go bat at him for spilling red paint on his treasured shoes. How Jinyoung cried, while staring at those. The shoes his mom gave him. But Mark doesn't give a about it. 

He wasn't even asking for anything but a sincere apology. He didn't need a new pair of shoes. But Mark doesn't understand that.

 

"Can you stop being stubborn and just get rid of those shoes? I already got you a new one!"

Those words fueled something in him. Jinyoung clenched his jaw as he stepped closer, staring intently at the other. 

 

"Have you ever loved something so dearly? That even when you're given other things which may appear as same, you'll still choose to keep it. You'd still choose it over anything." He threw him one final glance. "You haven't, right?"

 

 

And of course that argument of theirs reached Mrs. Kang's knowledge. The old lady punished them by making them wash the dishes together. And boy, was there a LOT! 

"Sorry." 

He didn't expect he'll try again. But here is Mark, apologizing again. He knows it's an accident. He shouldn't be mad. But these shoes are very important for him, that he still wears them despite the red stain.

"My mom gave it to me."

 

It was a night after when Mark handed him his shoes, now clean from the red paint. He winced as he saw the bruises in Mark's fingers. Before he slept, he went to Mark's room and left a box of band-aids. 

And maybe that marked the start of their friendship.

 

-------

 

Jinyoung is crying. He hates himself for being so stupid and careless of his own heart.

It wasn't Mark's fault. He just fell for him, his hyung. And it wasn't Mark's fault. 

He knows very well that Mark only sees him as a younger brother. He knows that. All the time, Mark was dating other girls, Jinyoung convinced himself that he's fine. He should be.

But when he saw Heeyeon kissing Mark, he lost it. He literally felt his heart breaking. Well, he deserves it. He should've been smarter. He's not supposed to fall for someone just because he's good to him.

 

"Jinwoo..." 

He immediately wiped his face off of tears when Mark went up to him. He shouldn't see him crying. 

But Mark did something he least expected him to do. The older cupped his face, and pulled him closer, meeting his lips with his soft ones.

"Yours is the only kiss that'll matter."

 

Jinyoung couldn't be any happier. Mark loves him. Just as much as he loves him. 

Mrs. Kang and Mr. Tuan are also happy for them, saying that they waited long enough. They were accepted, and very much supported. 

For once, after a very long time, Jinyoung can't contain his happiness in his heart.

 

But things started to go downhill, when he came back. His father, started to ruin everything. He had the power to do so. He threatened to destroy everything, just to get him back.

He started with Mrs. Kang's restaurant. Then to Mr. Tuan's job. His father single handedly ruined his new life, right before his own eyes.

They all suffered in his father's hands. 

 

"I will stay with you, Mark. I promise."

He said those words to pacify Mark's worries. And he meant every bit of it.

Through his band, he's able to support his new family. Mrs. Kang started to suffer from Alzheimer's. It only made things harder for them but he promised never to let go.

 

But his dad knows no boundaries. He'll really do everything just to drive him into deciding to come back. 

"We're being followed!" Taemin said as he swerved the wheel. 

His father's guards were following them. They're going to take him, he knows. But his bandmates won't go down without a fight. 

It all happened so fast. Taemin swerved too strong, that the car had hit the road's boulder. Jinyoung felt his head hit something hard before hearing a loud crash and then everything went black.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Jinyoung wakes up. He felt the heaviness on his head as he opened his eyes to scan the room he was currently in.

It's all white. He sees the sunlight passing through the curtains. It's nearly sunset.

As he looked at the foot of his bed, he sees Jaebum. He has his back turned towards him. He's putting some fruits in the tray.

It's like the first time when he woke up in the hospital. Now, Jaebum is the one he sees again.

Before he could speak, Jaebum already faced him. A hint of surprise crossed his squinty eyes. And there's a brief smile on his lips.

"Thank God, you're awake." The older said as he breathed a sigh of relief. Walking to his side, Jaebum reached to touch the top of his head. "How are you feeling?"

Jinyoung tried to sit up, which then Jaebum helped him, saying a soft "Careful..." as he did. 

"How long was I unconscious?" 

"Three days." Jaebum answered, averting his gaze. "I'm really glad you finally wake up."

Jinyoung looked around. What was he really expecting to see? There's only Jaebum with him. 

"I'm sorry." Jaebum got his attention back at him. "I didn't mean to do that to you. I didn't want to hurt you, Jinyoung. I was just... I was just mad."

He wasn't able to speak. His mind went back to what has happened three days ago. The scene Jaebum has caused back in the apartment.

Mark...

 

"Where's Mark?"

His question seemed to change Jaebum's expression. His eyes are now cold. "I brought you fruits. The doctors said you need to regain your strength."

Jaebum stood up. "Your dad will be here this evening."

"Jaebum-"

"He'll be happy to know that you finally woke up. Maybe I should go call him."

"I remember everything."

 

He finally said. It's true. And he thinks Jaebum needs to know. He remembers everything. And that only made everything make sense. All those things that happened. Why he felt those feelings towards Mark. Why Mark hated him, when they met again. Why Mark seemed to be distant to him. Why Mark was broken. It's because of him. Because he thought he left him. 

It all made sense. Why he was drawn to Mark all too easily. Why he felt a sense of comfort whenever he's with him. Why loving him became too easy. His mind was the only thing which forgot about Mark. But, not his heart.

He loves him. His heart never stopped loving Mark.

 

As Jaebum stared back at him, he felt like cold water washed through him. 

"Good." His eyes pierced through him. "Do you remember how you left me nine years ago?"

That hit him. Jaebum's words hit him hard. He did promise Jaebum that he'll never leave him.

"I'm sorry."

"I don't need your apology."

Jinyoung hates how Jaebum talks to him right now. But he understand where he's coming from. He has hurt Jaebum, he knows that.

"I loved you, Jaebum. I know you felt that." Jaebum turned to look away from him but his eyes remained on the older. "I loved you in all honesty, and gave you everything I could. But now is different." He saw how Jaebum clenched his jaw, still turning away from him. But he continued. "Now I have Mark. Fate made me lose him once. But fate brought us back together. Jaebum I never wanted to hurt you, but I... I really love Mark-"

"I don't need to hear anymore about how you love him." Jaebum snapped back at him. "Do you need to hurt me more than you already have?"

Jinyoung wasn't able to answer as he could see the amount of pain he has caused in Jaebum's eyes.

 

"You need to forget him. As soon as the doctors say you're fine, we'll fly back to Korea and you'll never see Mark again."

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

"Sir, you should eat."

Jinyoung glanced at Mrs. Hong who just put the tray of food on his side table.

 

It's been a week after he woke up. And as what Jaebum said, they flew back to Korea. He didn't even got the chance to fight back. And now he's caged inside their house. He lost his will to fight back. No one is listening to him anyway.

He felt the housekeeper sat beside him. "Jinyoung..." It's not very often that Mrs. Hong calls him by his name. It's always sir. But hearing this, he feels like he's not talking to someone who's working for him, but to someone who care for him.

Mrs. Hong handed him something. "If it'll help, go ahead and call him." Jinyoung looked at the phone in his hand. "I can't bear to see you this broken. Seo Yeon will be sad."

Jinyoung could only smile at the old woman as he said thanks.

 

 

"Jackson?" Jinyoung said as he was able to reach the bassist. 

He tried calling Mark but he's not answering. It only makes Jinyoung even more anxious that Mark might've really given him up.

"Jinyoung?" he could only sigh upon hearing the chinese's voice. "Jinyoung, you're awake now. Thank goodness. We were really worried. I'm sorry, Jinyoung. It was my fault why Jaebum went here. I shouldn't have done that to you and Mark-"

"Where's Mark?" that's all he needed to know. "We can talk about those some other time. Right now, I want to know where Mark is."

 

Jackson told him the truth. About how Mark really was after the incident. How his father pushed Mark away despite his pleas. "He's really hurt, Jinyoung. He loves you so much and now he feels lost without you. Losing you again broke his heart and now he's not even talking to us. He's been like how he was the first time I met him, only much worse."

Jinyoung is lost too. He wants to see Mark but how will he be able to?

"He said yes to the agency's offer." Jackson said. "In two days, we'll be flying to Toronto. That's where we'll be staying."

 

No. Jinyoung can't let this happen. He needs to see Mark. As how Jackson talked about Mark, it seems like the drummer already has given him up. 

Jinyoung brushed his hair frustratedly as he ended the call. He promised Jackson he'll do something. He can't let Mark go this time. He can't lose him again.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

"Jaebum is going to take over our company as soon as possible. Jinyoung should too. After the mergence, you two should get married."

 

Jinyoung is having dinner with his dad, Jaebum and CEO Im.

He's surprised by what he has heard. He looked at Jaebum who is focusing on eating.

What is happening? He knows Jaebum hates to work for their company. Why suddenly change his mind? 

And again with their wedding? Is Jaebum really this cruel? Despite knowing that he loves and chooses Mark, he'll still push through with this?

Is he out of his mind?

 

 

"Jaebum!" 

Jinyoung grabbed his arm as soon as they were out of the house and at the yard.

Jaebum excused himself, maybe after noticing his stares. So he followed him outside. They need to talk.

The older is still not facing him, but for Jinyoung, this is good enough so he spoke.

"What is this?" he asked Jaebum. "You knew my decision. You knew my say on this. So why would you still push through with this? Why do we still need to do this? Why would you still want to marry me?"

"This is all your fault!"

Now Jaebum is facing him and looking at him through those angry eyes.

"It's all your fault, Jinyoung!" Jaebum huffed. "You said you'll never leave me, but you did! If you didn't leave me then, you wouldn't have met Mark! It should've been me who you loved and not Mark!" The older's hand hit his chest almost too weakly. "It should've been us, Jinyoung. We should've been happy."

Jinyoung was stunned hearing what Jaebum has said. He thought he was well aware of how much he has hurt Jaebum, but no. The pain he has caused is much more.

"Jaebum..." Jinyoung tried to reach for Jaebum's hand. "Jaebum, I am sorry. I'm sorry, okay? But I love Mark. I didn't want to hurt you like this, but-"

"I know you love him! I know that. Okay?" Jaebum's tears streamed down his face as he yelled back. "But can you blame me if I can't let you go, Jinyoung? Will I be the bad guy if I choose to have you in any way that I can? Will I be the bad guy if I can't let you be with the one you love, just because I love you so damn much? It was me who loved you first. Wouldn't it be just fair if you just stayed with me and loved me too?"

Jinyoung felt his tears too. This is too much. Jaebum doesn't deserve to be hurting like this.

"I love you so much, Jinyoung. I have no control over it. I didn't ask for this. I didn't will myself to love you so you can't ask me to will myself to stop loving you. I can't unlove you, I can't let you go. I can't lose you again for the second ing time! I love you, and it hurts me so much but what can I do? If I only have a choice..." Jaebum's lips quivered as he sobbed. "No. Even if I had a choice, I'd still choose to love you."

Jinyoung cried too. It hurts him too, seeing Jaebum hurting because of him.

 

"I'm sorry, Jinyoung. But I can't go through the pain of losing you again. I'll keep you as long as I can. Whatever it takes. I'd rather be miserable with you, than be miserable without you."

Jinyoung is left to crying by himself.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Jinyoung stayed quiet all through out the ride with Jaebum.

Last night was a burst of emotions. Looking at Jaebum only reminds him of how much he has hurt him. If only he could stop hurting him.

 

It was this afternoon when Jaebum told him that he needs to go with him. The older said they needed to take care of something about the wedding.

Jinyoung isn't one to say something against it. He has told himself to just accept things. Jaebum doesn't deserve any more of the pain he could give.

 

But Jinyoung's eyes started to get big when he recognized the route they were taking. And when Jaebum pulled over, Jinyoung couldn't grasp his words.

"Do you remember those times when I drive you to those bars where you and your band plays?"

Jinyoung had his brows knitted. What is this?

"Those times when I help you run off from your dad's claws, just to let you do the thing that you love which is playing and performing?"

Yes, he does remember.

"I have done a pretty good job back then, didn't I? Supporting you and all?" Jinyoung fell silent. "Maybe because I was sure that no matter how many times I let you go, I know you'll come back. And you always do. You always come back to me. So I let you go and find yourself."

Jaebum smiled faintly. "Then you did find yourself. You found yourself in Mark." His eyes were full of sadness. "And since then, you never came back to me."

Jinyoung doesn't know what to say.

 

"I wish this was just like those times. When I let you go, assured that you'll come back. But no... I know it's not. And this might be the last time I'll get to say this." Jinyoung felt Jaebum's hand on his, squeezing it gently.

"I love you, Jinyoung. I love you so much, that I can't bear to see you lose yourself because of me." He kissed his hand. "Maybe I'm just meant to keep you for that short moment. Until you find him again."

He stared at the older, but Jaebum averted his gaze, clearing his throat. "Don't look at me like that. I might change my mind."

Jinyoung can almost cry but he chose to smile. "Thank you."

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

"Didn't you forget something, Yugyeom?"

Mark rolled his eyes, as he watched Jackson talking to the other guys, asking for the nth time if they forgot something.

 

They are at the airport. They're waiting for their flight. Michael has offered them to base in Toronto. At first, he was undecided, thinking about Mrs. Kang. But Michael assured him that Mrs. Kang will be taken care well of. And the old lady even told him to go. So he agreed, promising that once Mrs. Kang is well, he'll take the old lady with him and they'll live together in Toronto.

 

"I didn't, okay? What's the problem with you?"

They heard the boarding announcement again, and Mark is getting impatient by the minute.

"How about you, Bambam? Youngjae?"

Shaking his head, Bambam spoke. "You are acting weird, hyung. Don't tell me you're nervous of getting on the plane?"

"Right! I am!!! It's been a very long time since I've been on a plane."

Mark hissed. Finding Jackson's words ridiculous. "Well, you better man up. We need to get on the ing plane now."

He moved to walk inside the boarding gate when Jackson suddenly stood in his way. "Problem?" he asked the chinese.

"I... Uhm..." Mark's patience is running out, and seeing Jackson play with his lips as if he's thinking, is not helping. 

"Jackson, look-"

But he was interrupted by Youngjae. "Uh, hyung!" Mark turned to face the younger. "I think I forgot my ticket."

What?!

"You did?" He heard Jackson, who sounded happy? Why the is he happy? "Oh god, what would we do? We can't leave just yet!"

Mark could only grunt as the four members gathered around, searching for Youngjae's ticket. If the plane leaves without them, he'll really smack each one of those guys.

 

He decided to go back on one of the benches to wait until Youngjae finds his ticket. But when he turned, he stopped upon seeing him.

 

"Mark..."

Jinyoung is standing right in front of him, staring at him with tears in his eyes, but with that beautiful smile he always has.

 

One.

Two.

Three steps and he is now feeling the younger's arms around him.

 

"M-mark-" He heard his voice break. His arms automatically moved, pulling his self back to see Jinyoung's face which is now covered with tears.

"I thought... I thought I was going to lose you." Jinyoung sobbed. "I don't- I don't think I can... if I ever... if you leave-"

Mark did the thing he wanted to do the moment he saw Jinyoung. He wrapped his arms around the younger, pulling him closer, burrying his face in Jinyoung's neck. "You're here. You're really here."

They just embraced each other for a full minute, letting it sink in. They're here, with each other. 

Pulling back, Mark wiped Jinyoung's tears. "Ssshhh. Please stop crying. My heart is breaking seeing your tears, please Jinyoung, stop crying."

Sniffing, Jinyoung also wiped his face. "But you're crying too." A weak smile formed on his lips as he reached for the drummer's face. "I miss you so much, Mark. I missed you so much."

Mark smiled. Hearing those words, it makes up for those times he has cried over the thought of not seeing Jinyoung again.

And now he's here. In his arms.

 

"I missed you too, Jinyoung." He pulled him in his arms again.

"I'm sorry." He shushed the younger but Jinyoung continued. "I'm sorry if I forgot about you."

Mark froze. 

"I'm sorry if I left you, despite my promise of staying with you no matter what happens." Now he's seeing Jinyoung's eyes b with tears. "I didn't want to leave you. I didn't mean to forget you, Mark. And I'm sorry for that."

Mark didn't miss his chance. Without another word, he held Jinyoung's face close to his and kissed him.

He's kissing his tears away.

He never wanted this to happen. Jinyoung doesn't too. Whatever happened, that's all in the past. What's important is now. Now, Jinyoung is here, with him. They're together. And never will they let each other go again.

 

"You don't need to say sorry, Jinyoung." he whispered, resting his forehead against the younger's. "It's not important how we got here. What matters is we're finally here."

He cupped his face, caressing his wet cheeks. He stared into those eyes which he always loved.

"I love you, Jinyoung. Whether you're Jinwoo, or Park Jinyoung. I don't care. All I know is I love you."

 

When Jinyoung smiled at him, how his heart felt at ease. 

"I love you, Mark. And now I am certain, I'll never let go of your hand. No matter where we go, I'll stay by your side. I don't care what I'll have to lose. As long as I have you, I'll be okay."

 

Staring at his eyes, Mark heard Jackson's loud sigh.

 

"What the took you so long, Im Jaebum?"

Only then did Mark noticed Jaebum who is standing near his friends.

"Hey, at least we made it here."

"Stop it, Jackson. I'm thankful to Jaebum." 

Mark stared at Jinyoung who is smiling at the two bickering guys. Through confused eyes, he asked the younger. "What is he doing here?" But his eyes are directed to the other.

Well, Mark can not just forget what Jaebum has done, can he? It's not even about his punch, but it's about how he had hurt Jinyoung. 

Mark felt Jinyoung's hand on his chest. "Babe..." He saw Jinyoung's reassuring smile at him. "Calm down. Jaebum and I already talked and cleared things. He already apologized. I also did."

"But-"

"And besides," Jinyoung continued, interrupting him. "If not for him, I wouldn't be here."

Mark's brows furrowed. "What? Why?"

But Jinyoung just smiled.

 

"Is that necessary?" Now it's Jaebum who is speaking. "It just took me quite some time to understand and accept things. I'm sorry for that, Mark. But I know you'll understand me when I say that letting go of someone you love so much, is never easy."

Mark remained quiet, listening to Jaebum's every word. And he understands. When he thought he lost Jinyoung, he can't explain the kind of pain he had felt.

Jaebum bit his lips before speaking again. "I wanted to hate you, Mark. Well, actually I did." He even shrugged. "But I'll hate myself more if I make myself the reason behind Jinyoung's misery." Jaebum heaved a sigh as he held his hand out. "I'm now brave enough to let him go. Love him well, or so help me I'll get him back from you."

Mark smiled back. He appreciates what Jaebum did. It probably took him a lot of strength to arrive to this decision. But he is thankful.

Taking the younger's hand, Mark spoke. "You know very well, that is just what I'll do. I'm sorry but you getting him back will never happen." He smirked. "But thank you."

Jaebum's brow shot up as he cocked his head to one side. "You do know I'm not doing this for you."

"And you do know,  I don't give a ."

"HEY!" Jinyoung shouted at them. He is standing in between them, pushing them away from each other. "You two better stop. I thought you two are reconciling."

With that, he heard Jaebum laugh. "We are. Right. Mark?"

"Oh, I don't know- OUCH!" He rubbed his chest which Jinyoung has slapped.

The younger is giving him the look. "Behave." What is he, a dog?

But he just smiled at Jinyoung as he pulled him closer, wrapping his arm around the younger's shoulder.

 

"So this means, we're staying, right?" Youngjae asked so Mark nodded. He'll talk to Michael later. "Hey you should thank me too. Jackson is a poor actor, I had to help him out!"

"Okay, then thank you Youngjae." Jinyoung said.

"You're welcome, hyung. Now let's go back to the apartment, I still want to sleep."

 

They just laughed at the tired pianist. Bambam and Yugyeom grabbed their bags following after Youngjae, while Jackson and Jaebum kept on bickering.

 

"Let's go?" Jinyoung asked, wrapping his arm around his waist.

Mark smiled contentedly as he nodded. "Let's go."

 

 

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

 

Oh my god! Annyeong! :)

 

Could you believe, it took me five hours writing this chapter!!! And look!!! A 6k word vomit!!! 👏

I outdid myself here, didn't I?

 

Anyway, it's been so long since the last chapter. I'm sorry. But I hope this made up to the time you waited.

Please let me know of your thoughts by leaving a (long?) comment! :) 

 

This is not the last chapter though. I'll post it later this week. God bless my soul and my time management skills. 

 

Toodles! :*

 

<3 nicapark