Hell

His Voice

 

Jinyoung woke up in the middle the night. He let his hand brush along his disheveled hair.

 

Maybe it's his anxiousness taking over him. He's been appointed by his dad as the CEO of Park Enterprises. If he's gonna be honest, it's a big responsibilty to put on the shoulders of a twenty three year old man, and that would be him.

He doesn't know anymore. It just feels like his whole life is laid in front of him and he doesn't have the right to say no. Or to even fight for the things which he really wants. 

Ever since he was a kid, his heart always belonged to music. He's in love with it. And his dad is not one to support him, sadly. Jinyoung had a talk with his dad about his passion, for a couple of times already, but his dad is firm with his decision. You're made to do this, son. You're born for this, leading our company and our people. He could hear his dad's exact words.

His decision is final. His dad already made it clear by now. 

 

Jinyoung sighed as he gazed over the city lights around them. Incheon at night, is such a stunning view.

"Hey hon..." He felt a kiss on his bare shoulder. "What kept you up?"

"Just, nothing." 

Jaebum sat up beside him and hugged him lazily. Jinyoung smiled back as he leaned back on his boyfriend's bare chest. He always loved his warmth. It's the kind of warmth which reminds him that things are still yet to get better.

He loves Jaebum so much. And he can't thank him enough for loving him back.

 

"I doubt that it's nothing." Jaebum's hand wrapped around his waist and Jinyoung can feel him pouting on his shoulder.

Jinyoung giggled and turned to kiss his boyfriend's cheek.

"I'm just thinking of a way to change my dad's mind."

He heard Jaebum's low grunt. "Hon, you just have to listen to him. Your dad knows what is best for you."

Jinyoung completely faced Jaebum while holding his hands. "But hon, you know what I really want. I don't think I am fitted for this. You know how much I love music!"

"Jinyoung." Jaebum said in all seriousness and concern. "Your dad just don't want to lose you again. He already lost your mom. Of course he won't want to lose you too. Even I don't want that. I don't want to lose you."

That made Jinyoung sigh. Whenever Jaebum is acting like this, his heart tends to melt. 

"Okay. Okay then, hon." He reached for the older's cheek and caressed it gently. "I won't go anywhere. You won't lose me. I promise."

He sealed his promise with a kiss, and Jaebum tilted his head allowing the younger to deepen the kiss more.

Jinyoung could only smile contentedly on Jaebum's lips as he slowly lay the older on their bed.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Jinyoung just finished taking a shower and is currently drying his hair with a towel.

He glanced over his y boyfriend who is doing something on his phone, with the blanket still covering his body from his torso, down.

Jaebum's brow shot up when he caught him staring. "What are you staring at?"

A lopsided smile played on Jinyoung's lips as he decided to tease the other.

"Hon, I already saw everything underneath that blanket." He winked. "No need to be coy."

That's when a flying pillow hit Jinyoung's face, making him laugh.

"You creep!"

The younger kept on laughing. Teasing his boyfriend has become one of his top hobbies.

Without saying anything, Jaebum stood right up, letting the white blanket slip off his body. Jinyoung's eyes widened, obviously surprised. His boyfriend is walking in all his glory, for pete's sake! His heart has the right to beat a thousand times faster now.

And is reacting just as same.

 

"Oh? What's the matter?" Jaebum is smirking while draping a towel around his hips. "I thought you already saw everything?" He walked over to the younger and closed his mouth which fell open. "Close it hon. You might catch flies."

That did it for Jinyoung. It's a rare occasion that Jaebum succeeds on teasing him. And this is one of those times.

He pulled Jaebum who's about to enter the bathroom and tickle tortured him. He knows his boyfriend's weakness. He has the upper hand.

"Hey, stop!" Jaebum wriggled off his arms and put his hand on the younger's chest, stopping him. "I have work, Mr. CEO."

And Jinyoung could only pout, totally disappointed and frustrated. Damn, he was really . 

Shaking his head, he started to put on his prepared clothes.

"Hon, have you finished packing?" Jaebum asked from the bathroom. 

 

Before claiming his position as the new CEO, Jinyoung asked his dad to let him have an indefinite leave. He wants to enjoy his remaining time as a free man before drowning himself with work. Luckily, his dad approved of it. He gave him a time off.

 

"Yeah, already did!" he answered.

His boyfriend then peeked his head from the bathroom. "I was wondering, can I come with you?"

Jinyoung smiled at him. "All the way to L.A.? Then be my guest."

Jaebum laughed and threw his towel at the younger's face. "No, silly. Only to the airport."

He just smiled again.

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Los Angeles.

The minute he arrived, Jinyoung breathed in the warm and fresh air. For the first time, he felt free.

 

After a day of driving around, he decided to drink. He drinks out alone. Even back in Seoul, he drinks out on his own. Sometimes if Jaebum isn't busy with his patients, he also goes out with him.

He was on his seventh drink when a guy sat on a stool beside him. The said guy ordered a martini and raised his glass to greet him. Jinyoung did the same thing.

He stared at the guy who has dark brown hair, and big round eyes. These were enough to tell him that the guy is Asian and not a local. Just then he heard the guy's phone ring.

 

"Yeah, you heard it right." Jinyoung heard the guy. And he's surprised when he heard him talking in korean. "Then let's look for another vocalist, come on Mark, what's done is done." He saw as the guy scratched his head. "I know it's my fault but, he clearly doesn't care about the band to leave us like that!" 

And yes, Jinyoung is still listening. God. Maybe he should really get a life.

"I'll go look for someone, I promise!" The guy suddenly put the phone away from his hear. He probably just got shouted at. "Oh, fck."

 

Jinyoung just shrugged when the guy turned to him. "Nothing that a good drink can't fix, right?" 

"Oh! You're korean?" The guy asked and Jinyoung nodded. 

"You too?"

"No, I'm actually chinese but, I grew up in Korea." 

Jinyoung nodded once again. "Uhm, if you don't mind me asking, what was that phonecall about? You seemed troubled."

The guy sighed exasperatedly. "I'm in a band. The one who called earlier is Mark, he's the drummer. He's infuriatingly mad at me because I kind of messed up. And because of that mess, we lost our vocalist. So yeah.. I accept all his rage."

"You're in a band?" after all those, it's the only thing which registered on Jinyoung's mind. "Uhm, I'm Jinyoung, by the way."

"I'm Jackson. Bassist of The Isolated." He leaned it to whisper. "Our band's name sounds cool, isn't it?"

Jinyoung gave him a thumbs up. "So, you're looking for someone to be your band's new vocalist?"

"Unfortunately, yes. I'll be dead if I don't find someone by Saturday. We have a gig, and boy! Mark is really going to kill me!"

 

Jinyoung finds himself smiling. He wasn't even looking for it, but his dream seems to have found him. 

"Uhm... Can I perhaps audition or something?"

Jackson's eyes got bigger. "You sing?"

Jinyoung smiled shyly. "Uh... I guess you could try me."

Jackson eyed him as if he's studying him, trying to weigh if Jinyoung is serious or just fcking with him.

 

"Alright! Alright!" Jackson snapped his fingers. "Tomorrow. Graffiti. 9pm." He pointed his finger at Jinyoung. "Don't be late, or we're both screwed."

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

Jinyoung arrived at the bar twenty minutes earlier. He saw Jackson along with some guys who he thinks were his bandmates. They are setting up their instruments.

Jinyoung felt nervous for a short bit. Then he heard his phone ring. It's Jaebum.

 

"Hon, how was your day?" 

He smiled as he heard his boyfriend's voice. "It went just fine actually. I miss you."

"Oh please. You don't miss me as much as I miss you."

"Well that's debatable." Jinyoung saw Jackson waving his hand at him. He waved back before turning around and focusing on talking to Jaebum.

"Whatever." he could see his boyfriend rolling his eyes. "What are you doing?"

"I'm drinking the night away."

"Hon, please limit your alcohol intake okay? Be a good boy."

Jinyoung just laughed and said goodbye before ending the call.

 

"Was that your girlfriend?" Jackson who's already beside him, asked.

Jinyoung smirked as he kept his phone. "Boyfriend."

Jackson acted like he's surprised. This got Jinyoung laughing. He's pretty sure Jackson picked up on his uality the moment they started talking.

"I'm just happy that we're swinging the same way." and now it's Jinyoung's turn to act surprised.

"Come on and get your a*s on the stage. You still need to show us what you got."

 

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

"We don't need him."

Said the drummer, Mark was it? in straight English as he walked towards the walk in closet which the band has in their dressing room.

 

Jinyoung just finished showing off his singing skills to the whole band after singing along to a few of their songs.

He guessed it was safe to say that he's done quite a good job, considering Jackson cheered after they performed saying "I'm off the hook!" , and the other members seemed impressed too.

 

"Come on, Mark! We need a vocalist, right? And you all heard how great he was! Come on!"

But apparently, there's someone who isn't amused by his skills, or him as a person.

 

Jackson kept on talking in English too, as he followed Mark to the closet.

The tall guy with black mushroom like hair turned to Jinyoung. "Don't worry. Hyung will warm up to you." 

Jinyoung smiled. "You're korean?" Although the guitarist spoke in English, the fact that he said hyung oughts to tell Jinyoung that the guy is Korean.

"Yeah. You too?" he asked in korean now. Jinyoung nodded. "Cool! I'm Yugyeom."

"Hey man, it's Bambam." The skinny guy with red hair lend his hand out. "I'm Thai, but I also speak Korean."

"I'm Jinyoung." He introduced himself.

 

"Can you please listen, Tuan? You're fcking mad that I made Wonpil quit this band. And now that I found a replacement, and a good one, you're acting like a complete sht? What's wrong with you?!"

Jackson still ain't giving up.

"Listen Jackson. In the first place, it's your fcking fault why we lost our vocalist. If you didn't cheat on him with some random dude, Wonpil would've still been in the band."

 

Harsh. That's Jinyoung's first impression on him. Unlike his way of singing when he's backing up the vocalist, up close the drummer seems like a cold and distant person.

 

"I know that, you don't need to remind me, thank you very much." Jackson rolled his eyes at the drummer. "That's why I'm fixing my mess! And now, we have an angel disguised in the form of Jinyoung." Jackson pointed at him. "Mark, just give the guy a chance! If I have to be honest, he's so much better than Wonpil!"

Jinyoung just stood there, watching frustrated Jackson become more frustrated. Just then, the drummer, Mark was standing in front of him and looking at him. Mark turned to frown at Jackson, then looked at Jinyoung again, his eyes were impassive and cold this time.

Something pushed Jinyoung to say something. It could be the way Mark is looking at him now.

"I can sing any song." He almost stuttered. "I can also play the piano. And a guitar."

The latter crossed his arms. "We just need a vocalist." then he walked past him, and straight back to the closet. Jinyoung averted his eyes when the drummer took off his shirt.

 

Okay. Another impression he has for the drummer, never minding.

"You'll get used to it." Jackson whispered beside him.

Get used to what? To Mark being harsh or to Mark suddenly taking his clothes off?  So Jackson is already used to seeing Mark ? He meant, without a top. Not  

Or is he?

 

"Mark, hyung." The guy with a hat spoke. He's the other vocalist who also plays the keyboard. "We have a gig this Saturday. We need a vocalist because I can't possibly sing all our songs while also playing the keyboard. I'm just a back up vocal, not the main. Come on, hyung. We need him."

That made Mark turn. He's now wearing a black shirt. 

"Right, Youngjae." Mark said.

Okay. Jinyoung got all their names. Jackson, Mark, Yugyeom, Bambam and Youngjae.

 

Mark is again in front of him, still studying him and to be honest, it's tensing him up.

"Why don't we vote?" Jackson suggested. "Raise your hand if you want Jinyoung in the band." All four of them raised their hands which made Mark roll his eyes. "See, Mark? You have to listen to the majority!"

 

"Whatever, Wang." Mark hissed before inching closer to Jinyoung. "You...do you know what you're getting yourself into?"

He almost gulped. But he responded. "Yes, I do. I really want to be a part of your band."

The drummer's brow shot up, his smile is far from being a happy one, nor a sincere one.

"Alright then."

Mark turned to get his jacket on the couch next to Bambam.

"I'm in?" Jinyoung asked and the rest gave him a thumbs up. "Thank you. Thank you, Mark. I promise to do a good job."

 

"Ooh, don't thank me." Mark was about to pass by Jinyoung but before he did, he looked at Jinyoung. And the kind of look he's giving is enough to send shivers down Jinyoung's spine.

 

"I'll make your life hell."

 

◾◾◾◾◾◾◾

 

Oohhh I don't know what happened with this. HAHAHA.

 

Anyway, . . . . . . . . . I'M BAAAAAACK!!!  *waves frantically*

 

I missed you guys! Truly! 

As promised, since JWIT already ended (don't cry) . . . . I now updated this new fic of mine!

 

Are you guys satisfied with how the first chapter went? Gosh I'm nervous. Haha. Just like the first time.

 

please give this fic and me, some love by leaving a comment! :) I'll read them and reply, I promise! <3

 

Okay, I should go now. But see you in the next chapter, real soon! :*

 

Toodles!

 

<3 nicapark