Lapan

JUST GO TO HER!

 

“Not what you’re thinking you erted little bean.”

 

“Hey!”

 

“The thing is, there was a time those two were really invested on trying the arts of nature.”

 

“Oh boy.”

 

“Calm down, I haven’t even begun telling it.”

 

“Just shorten it, I’m already regretting.”

 

“Well, we went on a trip to the beach, to Nayeon’s parent’s house, since we were already eighteen, her parents thought it was alright to leave us there for a night, they had to go back for a dinner or something.”

 

“Please don’t tell me they tried some black magic and ran around .”

 

“Close, but not exactly. They said they wanted to purify themselves, and the beach was private anyways.”

 

“Oh no.”

 

“You asked, now deal with it. Anywho, they were a bit out of it, because of the allergies shot they had to take earlier for laying with sea urchins, the incense did the rest, and both got wasted. So they lit a fire, played some weird music and started dancing around it. Don’t ask me how, or whose idea it was, but when I came back from the bathroom they were , painting each other with god knows what, and started doing some very *ahem* unfamiliar dances.”

 

“Why did I ask you this again?”

 

“Be quiet, I’m not finished. Well, they ran around until about two a.m. and passed out on the sand, now, I couldn’t possibly let Nayeon’s parents get home in the morning with that waiting for them. So I had to, not only drag both of them to their rooms, but give both of them a shower before they get even more allergies and make my life even more difficult.”

 

“I get how that might traumatize someone. But, hey, you are even more lovely because you did it for your friends with an open heart.”

 

“Oh, no. You got it wrong, I always use it against them if I want something and they try to disagree.”

 

“Hah, now THAT is more like it. But, really, I shouldn’t have asked. Now I can’t help but get this mental image of them running on a beach .”

 

“Welcome to my suffering.”

 

We spend the rest of the afternoon talking and laughing at each other, I learn that Sana is as much of a handful as Nayeon and Jeongyeon, that Chaeyoung loves spending time outdoors, she tells me about her family, and her brother sounds just as unfunny as she is, when the sun starts setting, we walk again to get a better view of it.

 

Then we decide to go for dinner, since none of us had lunch. We met for breakfast and have been walking and talking all day long, so it’s time for some sustenance. She suggests a restaurant, so I just let her guide me and, boy oh boy, this place looks great. It’s in a back alley, but it looks beautiful inside, and not many customers, giving it a really intimate and welcoming feeling.

 

We get a table on the corner, and Chaeyoung orders for us both, I don’t mind, but her face tells me she has something in store, but I think I know where this is going. Honestly, I have been thinking the same, but didn’t think she would be the one to make a move first.

 

Dinner arrives, and I can feel her gaze on me. Man, this is going to be hard, I mean, she is making her move, this wait is really heavy, though. I take a deep breath to try and cool myself, and seems she takes it as her queue to speak. I look into her eyes and smile, reassuring her this is okay.

 

“Jihyo, I have something to tell you.”

 

“I know. But I need you to say it too.”

 

“Well, I’ve been giving this a lot of thought. I was hoping that I would succeed without problems, but I’m not so sure after this afternoon. But here goes nothing.”

 

She clears , has a sip of water and looks at me with the most serious face I have ever seen her make.

 

“Park Jihyo, I like you, and I would like you to be my girlfriend.”

 

“Chae, I would love to, but I have something to ask of you too, before I say yes.”

 

“Sure, tell me what it is.”

 

“I told you about me this afternoon. And I want you to promise me something.”

 

“I’m listening.”

 

“If any of us, at any point, finds true love, we are going to sit down and be honest about it. The thing I can’t stand for is lies. I was completely honest with you, and I want you to be honest with me. Even if it will hurt us both, I want us to come clean once this stops working.”

 

“I can promise that, easy. But why would you say this?”

 

“It’s just a precaution, you haven’t fallen yet, and I know we really like each other right now, but this doesn’t mean things won’t change.”

 

“I understand what you are saying. And yes, I promise to always be completely honest with you, no matter what.”

 

“Then, Son Chaeyoung, I will be your girlfriend.”

 

She, then, smiles so brightly that the sun would be ashamed, and gives me a peck on the cheek before going back to her dinner, which is cold by now, but it doesn’t seem to bother her at all. I just laugh and look at her eating away so happily that she could float off any second now.