3

JUST GO TO HER!

 

“Hey, kiddos. Mind if I join?”

 

“Sure, I’m Son Chaeyoung, this is my best friend, Sana.”

 

“Oh, very nice meeting you all. I’m Jihyo, Park Jihyo.”

 

“I believe I should introduce myself properly, Minatozaki Sana.”

 

“Okay, I must get this over with. You guys are from the arts department, right? Why are you taking this class?”

 

“Oh, I don’t know about Sana, to be honest. But I’m an arts major, Anatomy 1 is for studying how the body works, you know?! How things bend, or what the muscles do when flexed… Did I explain it properly?”

 

“Very much so. How about you, Sana?”

 

“Oh, dance majors take this class for injury prevention, care, or whatever? I honestly would have preferred taking some first aid, it would have been more useful. But this one is required before first aid, so here I am.”

 

“Well, it IS important to know what you might be treating before trying to treat it, you know?! So, I wouldn’t exactly say this class would go to waste.”

 

“If you put it like that. I can’t complain anymore.”

 

I smile and take a look at the time, classes should be starting soon. Aaaand I was right, only a couple minutes left. I stand up and am about to walk back to my seat when Chaeyoung speaks up.

 

“Where are you going? Why don’t you sit with us?”

 

“Well, I might have this cutie face, but I can’t see for the life of me. If I don’t sit in front, I’ll see nothing but blurs. Even with my glasses on.”

 

Then I look to a spot just above her head blushing a little. They muffle their chuckles and bid me goodbye, saying we should hang out later. I just no, still a bit embarrassed, and go back to my spot. But my gut is telling me to tag along with these two, they seem quite interesting to have around.

 

* * *

 

Jissos, this torture is finally over. Don’t get me wrong, I love my classes, but two of the same first thing on a monday is a bit much. Although, it wouldn’t have been as productive if we only had one period of it. Now let’s bring those two and get some fuel, afternoon classes are not looking so hot also.

 

“Kids, lunch, let’s go!”

 

“Wait, what?”

 

“I’m taking you two to lunch with my friends, come on. Wake Chaeyoung up and let’s start walking. I’m hungry”

 

“You HAVE considered we might have plans of our own, yes?”

 

“I did consider it. And immediately discarded any possibility of opposition.”

 

“Soooo, you are saying you are treating us to lunch, since you decided that we would follow you.”

 

“Those words never came out of my mouth.”

 

“That is what I heard.”

 

“FINE! But don’t get used to it. Now wake Chaeng, she’s starting to drool.”

 

The walk to the canteen is noisy. We are all new, it’s always fun to get lost together, but Chaeyoung got mad around the second or third wrong turn. So I gave her my phone for her to save her number, and she’s been busy taking the perfect selfie for her contact phono ever since. Which gives me a chance to talk to Sana and get to know a bit about her.

 

Not that Chaeyoung doesn’t interest me, very much the contrary, but she tends to start blabbering when she gets really into the subject. Another reason for me to have given her my phone, under Sana’s very smart suggestion, might I add. But back to this extra energetic, puppy-eyed beauty next to me.

 

“So, Minatozaki is not a very common name.”

 

“Youp, japanese. But not really seen in Korea.”

 

“That too, but it is also a rather rare name within Japan as well, no?!”

 

“I’m impressed. You do seem to do your homework. Did you find all that out during class?”

 

“Not really, my parents have a branch office in japan, and I’ve came across any Minatozaki at all. Believe me when I say, the amount of people they trade with, if the name was common I would’ve heard it by now.”

 

“Oh, so you could be treating us to anything and chose to whine?”

 

“Not really. My parents have this thing where my sisters and I must fend for ourselves once we are out of highschool.”

 

“So you have to provide for yourself ever since you graduated?”

 

“Basically. And being a part-timer, there is not much left after paying the bills. So I honestly can’t do much better than cafeteria for now.”

 

“That sounds interesting. I might just have given it a try, if dace majors had any real free time. But we have dance practice after the ‘normal’ classes.”

 

“Now that sounds exhausting.”

 

“Coming from a medicine major? I hardly buy it.”

 

“Touchè. So we might not be so different afterall.”

 

“Aham. Wait, you said sisters?”

 

“Yup, I’m a middle child. I have a older and a younger sister. But I take care of three overgrown children as well.”

 

“Oh, DO tell.”

 

“Nah, just wait a bit and you’ll see for yourself.”

 

“If you say so. But no waiting needed, we are here already.”

 

“Chae, just save that picture, we are here.”

 

We enter hell, I mean, cafeteria, and, as we approach my rather noisy kids, Jeongyeon seems to be lost with what she sees. While the others just greet us and ask about the two I brought along.

 

That look on Jeongyeon’s eyes, though. I think I have seen it before, but never with this kid, she looks lost, yet, her eyes say she found the answers she had always been looking for. But who is she looking at?