Seis

JUST GO TO HER!

 

Four months in the semester and I’m sitting here, in Jeongyeon’s bedroom trying to calm her down enough so she can tell me what happened for her to be this desperate right now. Not that she is a stonewall, but she is normally doesn’t get phased easily, to be like this.

 

Seems like she will try to talk now, but the furious sobbing is there, still, and I’m teary-eyed as well. It hurts me seeing her this way, I care for Jeongyeon too much, like my own big sister. And I promise, death is the only way out for whoever did this to her, nobody, and I MEAN NOBODY, hurts my little Jeongie and walks away unscathed.

 

“Jeongie, can you please drink this water and tell me what is wrong?”

 

I hope using the pet name I have for her will get her to talk a bit.

 

“Jiji, she was hugging and laughing with another girl.”

 

“Sooooo, Imma need you to be a little bit more specific than that.”

 

She looks at me as if she is seeing an alien, sits up straight and takes a deep breath before speaking.

 

“Sometimes I forget I never told you anything about this. So, I love Sana.”

 

“Say what?”

 

“I never believed this could happen, well, I’ve mocked you for that for months when you told me it happened to you.”

 

“Wait, you’re telling me that you fell in love?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“At first sight?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“After everything you did when it happened to me?”

 

“I am truly sorry for that, by the way.”

 

“You do realize I’m not gonna let that go easy, right?”

 

“Didn’t expect you to.”



 

She lets her head down, and I feel a wave of relief washing over me. I may be very protective of my children, but I don’t really mind this kind of thing happening to them. I’ll go berserk after whoever hurt them, but beating themselves up even before trying anything, that is just too adorable. So I’ll just sit back and watch in this one, specially, since I know exactly what Jeongyeon is talking about, and so should she, though, I’m assuming she forgot what is happening today.

 

I’m not going to tell her, just going to wait it out whilst trying to control myself not to laugh too hard in front of her, I’m not looking for a beating this time of the morning. Anywho, we should try and get out for some air. Staying here will only make everything worse, and this kid needs to get a hold of herself now.

 

“Jeong, go take a shower.”

 

“I don’t want one.”

 

“Not asking. And not taking complaints either.”

 

She seems to understand I’m not going to back down on this, so she just gets up and drags herself to the bathroom, not even bothering to get what she should be wearing after, which I take as a chance to choose something for her. The last person to make this mistake was Chaeyoung, about a month ago, she was busy worrying about some family reunion, and ended up having to spend the day in a peach frilly dress with matching heels. I thought she was the most precious thing in this earth, and so did the others, but she didn’t agree so much, not that she could just drop two tests to go home and change.

 

BUT NOW! It’s time to find what Yoo Jeongyeon has stored away in her closet. I’m hoping I can pull a Chaeyoung on her and get this woman dressed in the girliest clothes she owns, but I’m not so sure she out of it enough for me to succeed. Well, one can only hope, so here goes nothing, I’ll just cross my fingers and hope this Barbie, baby pink, crop top and these light green jeans won’t be noticed by her before she wears them and gives time to get her out of the house.

 

How does she even have these in her closet? Well, Nayeon and I got her these for her birthday, she was furious, but kept them anyways. I’ll just get her bag ready so we can just leave as soon as she is out of the bathroom. Can’t be wasting time and allow her to notice now, can I?!