Seachd

JUST GO TO HER!

 

The Chaeyoung has been successful, and Jeong and I are now sitting on a coffee shop waiting for our orders, and she hasn’t noticed a thing yet, bonus points if she gets home without noticing. I texted Sana and Chaeyoung on our way here, so that this kid can finally clear things up and, maybe, stop being a coward and confess already, not like we all don’t know about it anyways.

 

Chae is just so I have someone to be with once Sana arrives. I might seem to be intruding on other people’s business, but I am surely not that nosy. Not to mention I honestly don’t want to see this type of thing, it gets really embarrassing, even for those who are just watching.

 

Thankfully, I got Jeongyeon to sit with her back facing the door, so I’m the one who spots the duo when they arrive. I get up and say I must use the bathroom and go towards them before they greet us and this plan goes down the drain. So I tell Sana she will be Jeong’s date for the day and get another table for Chaeyoung and I, on the other side of the café, far enough to see but not to hear.

 

We go our separate ways, and everyone knows those two have always been just a matter of time. I just glance at them when we sit down and see a stunned Jeongyeon, looking lost, and a chuckling Sana, who seems to be using her last bit of strength not to start laughing at the clothing choice. I told them what I was doing when I asked them to come, so we all started the bets on how long this would go on.

 

Turning back to Chaeng, I see she is having a lot of fun with it, I guess that, as long as it’s not her, she will find this kind of thing funny. I just smile waiting for her to compose herself so we can begin our date. We’ve been having some of those lately, and they are quite good, really, she is great to be with, unfunny as they come, but adorable all the same, and she is so sweet and caring, I might just eat her with a spoon *ehem*.

 

We decide to go for a walk after finishing our drinks, since I don’t think any of us wants to be spotted by Jeongyeon once she remembers I was the one with her to begin with. We decide for a walk around the park, well Chaeyoung wanted it, and I don’t mind it at all, if it will make her happy. Also, It’s a beautiful day, why not spend it outside with a beautiful lady?

 

“Jihyo?” She looks a bit nervous, fidgety, maybe?

 

“Yes?”

 

“You seem to get away from the topic everytime I bring it up, so, can you not run today?”

 

“I promise to answer all the questions I can, today. But I don’t remember ever avoiding any ?”

 

“I see.” Her smile becomes really bright, and can’t help but smile along with her. This cutie sure knows how to bring my mood up. Even if I was in a good one to begin with.

 

We see a bench under a tree and go sit down for a bit, it’s also better to talk on the shade. I love the weather, but it becomes just too hot every now and then. So we get some drinks and sit comfortably, and her eyes get serious but ever so tender.

 

“Jihyo, are you in a relationship?”

 

“*cough* What? *cough* Do you really have to be so direct?”

 

“No running away, you promised.”

 

“Well, no, I am not in a relationship.”

 

“Are you in love with someone?”

 

“Now that is a tricky question. With a rather long answer, might I add.”

 

She looks a bit down by what I’ve just said, but doesn’t let it stop her.

 

“So, elaborate. I really want to know. So just tell me everything.”

 

“Fair enough. I get where you are coming from, and it’s only fair that I tell you everything, and this is as good a time as any.”

 

“Please do.”

 

“To begin with, do you believe in love at first sight?”

 

“Never happened to me, but I don’t disbelieve it.”

 

“Good. Well, I fell in love at first sight when I was fifteen. She was everything I needed, the moment my eyes landed on her, the world stopped for a moment and everything fell into place. All my heart ever wanted was her, and looking at her made me feel right.”

 

She looks really down now, fiddling with her fingers and looking at her feet. I just smile warmly and hold her hands, hoping she will look at me as I keep talking. I take a deep breath and continue.

 

“It sounds great, huh?! But here is the twist.”

 

She perks up as soon as I say this. I swear, this kid is out to kill me.

 

“I only ever saw her. As you know, my parents are business people, so attending big events with them have always been a part of my life. For as long as I can remember, I’ve been shaking hands and fake smiling so the family would keep their good connections. The first time I saw her was in one of these big bosses events, we never exchanged a single word, and I’m pretty sure she doesn’t even know of my existence.”

 

At this point she looks me in the eye, finally, and cups my cheeks with the most tender eyes I have ever seen on her, asuring me to go on. I sigh and continue, there is really no point stopping now.

 

“Well, she seemed to be about my age, and looked perfect on my eyes, but not for once I’ve seen her looking my way, so I’m content on having had the chance to see her. Also, I was fifteen, there was no way I was ready for any romance to happen. Time went by, and I learned to understand and deal with those feelings, today they are a happy memory I’m very fond of.

 

So, to answer your question, yes, I am in love with this girl. But no, I don’t think this will go anywhere from there, so I just keep it as a very precious feeling, stored away on the bottom of my heart.”

 

“Well, this was really much more than I hoped for, and I see why you don’t talk about it so easily.”

 

“Honestly, I never noticed that I was avoiding the subject. Maybe I’m not comfortable telling this to just anyone. Appart from Jeongyeon, you are the only other one I’ve talked about this to.”

 

“Oh, I feel honored. But Jeong?”

 

“We met before this happened and became good friends really quick. When I fell in love and decided to break my heart all by myself, she was the one to pull me out.”

 

“I would have never guessed, she seems a little… What’s the word?”

 

“I know what you’re trying to say. She really is a very warm person, incredibly clumsy and a bit tactless, but the most caring and selfless one you’ll ever meet.”

 

“I believe you, but hearing you talk about her like that makes me a little jealous.”

 

“Ew, NO!”

 

She grins and lifts an eyebrow. To which I lightly scoff.

 

“NO! Just no. It’s enough to have her and Nayeon engraved on my innocent mind, don’t give me anymore nightmares.”

 

“Nayeon? Now you have to tell me.”