mười một

JUST GO TO HER!

 

It’s almost lunch time when Sana shows up, looking too happy, if I might add. She just sits down to watch TV with us, when we look at her with questioning eyes she just gestures us to wait a bit and smirks, turning back to the TV.

 

Not long after, Jeongyeon comes down looking rather suspicious, she is wearing a long sleeve turtleneck on the beach and looks tired. I mean, where did she even get that? It’s too warm for this type of clothes already, so this raises A LOT of flags. Everyone already knows what’s up by now, but clearly we want her to say it herself. She is not gonna live through this anyways, but making her say it is a big part of the fun, don’t judge.

 

Jeong yawns, and that is the queue we’ve been waiting for. Mina decides to open the games and speaks up first.

 

“You just woke up, how can you be so tired Miss Yoo?”

 

Jeongyeon chokes on air, and I have to concentrate to not laugh.

 

“I, uhmm, had some trouble sleeping.”

 

“Oh, but you should have said so. How can I let a guest in my house be troubled?” Nayeon asks with her best shocked performance.

 

“No no, it’s not like that. It’s just that… I just couldn’t get to sleep early.”

 

“Oh, Jeongie, you should have said something. What is troubling you? We will always be here to help.” I decide to chime in.

 

“Nothing you girls should worry yourselves about. It’s all okay now, so don’t worry too much.”

 

“But are you sure you are alright? Do you have a fever?” Somi cleverly asks.

 

“I’m fine. Really, why do you ask?”

 

“Well, you are wearing a turtleneck on the beach. And it is really hot today too.” Somi says putting on her best innocent face.

 

“I-I-I j-just felt like wearing it today.”

 

“But you are sweating a lot, Jeong, look. It’s better to wear something for the heat.” Momo says almost losing it, but she manages.

 

“O-oh, maybe. But I just want to wear this for now.”

 

“No can do. Yoo Jeongyeon, go change into something lighter right now.” Mina says with one of the most stern voices I have ever heard from her.

 

After a few minutes of this teasing, Sana is the first one to lose it. She laughs so much she is shaking viciously. After she breaks, none of us can hold it anymore and just give up. Jeongyeon looks confused with what might be happening, and Sana controls herself enough to blurt out.

 

“Can I just tell them we did it last night? It’s not like they don’t know already.” Then she goes back to laughing.

 

“Okay, but who made the move and how? We have some bets to collect, you know?” Momo says and gets a slap on the shoulder by Jeongyeon, who looks like she just wants to disappear right now.

 

“Well, if you must know, she was the one who said she loved me first. Looked like she didn’t realise she was saying it out loud, and got very embarrassed once I said I loved her too.” Sana clarifies.

 

“Pay up yall. I need to buy new running sneakers and was just waiting to win this.” I say and Mina gets up to go get the money we bet.

 

“Just how could you possibly get this right?” Momo protests.

 

“I’m just that good. Now don’t be a sore loser, at least we’ll get to hear Jeongyeon telling us how her magical first time went with the girl she loves.”

 

“Wait, what? Who said I’ll say anything?” Jeong starts to panic.

 

“Hold up, first time? That can’t be right.” Sana suddenly questions.

 

“Oh, she didn’t tell you? This kid has never been with anyone before, in all the ways you may think about.” Mina answers while sitting down and handing me the money.

 

Jeongyeon blushes and makes herself as small as she can under the questioning gase Sana is giving her right now.

 

“Wait, wait, wait. So you’re telling me that this woman here was a complete ? There must be some mistake.” Sana still can’t put her head around it.

 

“Looks like she can’t speak right now, so I’ll say it.” I tell her.

 

“Please continue.”

 

“This kid said she was keeping herself for the woman she loves. So she has never, ever, even kissed anyone before. Cute, right? It’s just so adorable, I can’t even.” I swear I’m trying to keep my straight face with little to no success.

 

Sana is awestruck right now, and the love in her eyes is really making me sick. I did want to tease Jeongyeon, but this took an unexpected turn and became a truckload of embarrassing.

 

“Hey, keep it in your pants, will you? We are all uncomfortable now.” Chaeyoung says to Sana, who is hugging a very shy Jeongyeon.

 

“Whatever you say, little one. We’ll be back later. Don’t come upstairs for your own mental health.” Sana says while she heads to their room pulling Jeongyeon along with her.

 

“Should we just go eat out and dismiss the maids for the afternoon?” Somi asks. I swear this kid is too brilliant most times.

 

“Great idea. Just wait for me outside while I tell the maids to leave the house until dinner.” Nayeon agrees and proceeds to the kitchen, while the rest of us go out to wait for her.