Bad (Baby) Steps

Bad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

July 20th
Kring  . . . Kring. . .  Kring . . . 

Sana woke up lazily due to heard her alarm went off. She sit up and turn it off while her eyes still closed.

She rubbed her eyes and yawned, it’s still early in the morning. She still feels sleepy though, she doesn’t know why she woke up with this puffy eyes

Oh well she did know. She spend last night crying over the fact Jennie is falling in love with another girl. She still can’t believe it, the girl of her dream doesn’t reciprocated her feelings.

Sana sighed and decided to get up and went to shower.
As always, she spends a lot time while taking shower. Actually this is a reason why she always woke up earlier.

After done showering, Sana changed into her school’s uniform. She still has her puffy eyed on, but she cover it with make up.

“Hey Sweetie.” Sana’s mom greeted her when she went downstairs. “How’s your sleep?”

“Good, i guess.” Sana answered as she join her mother on dining table. She took some peanut and butter her mom made and eat it all.

“What’s with that face? Is there something bothered you?” Mrs Minatozaki eyed Sana worriedly.

“I-i’m okay. Do i look like i’m not?” Sana thought her face won’t shows she’s in dejection, but she thought wrong.

“Sana, i’m your purely mother. I give birth to you and i have inner contact with you, there’s nothing i didn’t know about you, Sana.” Her mother rubbed her hand softly. “So tell what’s your problem, sweetie.”

Sana sighed, “It’s nothing big. But it has big impact on me though. It’s broken heart thingy.” Sana paused a bit and look at her mother.

“My crush, she likes another girl.”

“Oh Sana. . ” Mrs Minatozaki get closer to Sana and hug her.

“Don’t be sad baby. You’ll get over her evantually” 

Sana’s mom know that her daughter is gay. Sana came out of closet when she was on 10th grade. She opened up about her feelings to Jennie, and fortunately her parents being acceptable with that. Her parents really love her, of course they do because Sana is their only daughter. They want nothing but happiness to their beloved daughter.

“But mom, she is my first love.” 

Sana’s mother wiped away tears from her eyes and soothed her.

“I know Sana, i know. But you have to accept it. I know  it is hard to try, but you have to try to forget her. And you know all broken hearts’ medicine is find a new love.”

Sana thinks maybe her mother is right. Speaking of new love, she remember her deal with Tzuyu. She sighed, why did she even agreed on that stupid idea of Chou Tzuyu’s.

And now, she doesn’t know how thing would work up later. Let’s just hope this won’t turn into bad things.

“Maybe you’re right mom. I have to move on from her.”
But of course Sana won’t. She can’t just give up like that when deep inside herself knows she has slight chance with Jennie. And she promised to herself, she would get Jennie to be hers no matter what happend.

Sana continue to finished her breakfast. Though she still has a lot time, she wanted to be the early bird at school as usual. Eventually, Sana finished her faster than she thought. So she still got plenty times for not getting late.

.

.

.

Sana went to bus stop as usual as she waits for bus to take her to school. Sana doesn’t want to be burden for her parents, so she decided to walk alone to school.

Moreover, the distance from her house to school is pretty far.
Sana took a sit on a bench and played her phone while waiting for the bus to come.

The cold breeze of the morning piercing into Sana’s bones. Sana shivered and rubbed the palm of her hands together, as she tried to warm herself.

“Feel cold, aren’t you?”

A familiar voice was heard, and Sana knows whose owner it is. That teased tone she always used to hear everyday, that’s for sure from Chou Tzuyu. It’s weird seeing her early in the morning. It only reminds her of their awful deal. Arghh she’s already ruined my mood.

Sana looked at her weirdly but decided to ignored her and look at her phone instead. It was until she realized a jacket being put over

Before Sana could protest, Tzuyu beats her first.

“I know you won’t accept this but trust me, you’d be found die in coldness if you reject my kindness.” Tzuyu smirked as she walked back to her bike and put her helmet on.

“Oh don’t forget too Minatozaki, you still haven’t give my leather jacket back.” Tzuyu gave Sana one last smirk and drove away.

Sana blushed deeply, yes, she hasn’t given back Tzuyu’s jacket. Even she doesn’t realized that jacket wasn’t hers.

But anyway, it’s strange to see Tzuyu, Sana’s frenemy, to help her. She expected Tzuyu would have , but it turns out opposite.

But neverthless, Sana still hoped Tzuyu won’t ruin her mood today, or the other day. Knowing that Tzuyu gave a hand to help her with her love life, she would get more interaction with Tzuyu. But mostly, she hopes Tzuyu won’t use her as another flings, since Tzuyu is known as high class player.

_______________________________________________________________

“Yo Chaeng, where’s Jeongyeon and Tzuyu?.” Dahyun join Chaeyoung at cafetaria. Chaeyoung was having breakfast alone not until Dahyun show up.

“Dunno, it’s almost 7 yet they haven’t show up.”

“Are they perhaps not going to school?” Dahyun asked

“Not sure. But if they do, they would’ve told us. Maybe they’re late as usual.” Chaeyoung and Dahyun decided to let it go.

Both of them know that the other two were always late to school, so it’s not even a surprised if they’d show up at 9 A.M or so.

Soon after that, the school’s bell rang loudly just in time Chaeyoung finished her meal. The sound of crunched mic could be hear through central speakers. Then a teacher started to talk

“Good morning all students of JYGS High School students. Before we all pray and stand for sing the national songs, i would like to make some announcements. First, today we won’t have study schedules and school ends will be earlier. Second, after praying and singing national song, all students may come to school’s main hall directly. End of announcement,thanks for the attentions.”

After the announcenent ends, the first instrument of the national song be played. All studentss, included Chaeyoung and Dahyun stood up and sing.

They haven’t return to their class,so they stuck at cafetaria until they finish singing and praying. After they finish singing, they followed with praying.

“They’re still not coming yet!”. Dahyun said as they finished.

“Calm yourself Dahyun, maybe they’re late. And why do you panic so much today? It’s not like Tzuyu and Jeongyeon haven’t been punished before because of getting late.” Chaeyoung seems like the calmest one, whilst Dahyun keeps looking around hoping to see their other friends.

“It’s not that! You do know that both of them are the most rebellious students in here. Especially Tzuyu, she’s the worst. And can you imagine this is our last year but our friends hasn’t changed a bit yet? I’m worrying about their grades. They might end up not graduate later.”

What Dahyun said is true. And hits Chaenyoung suddenly. Tzuyu and Jeongyeon have most records of being punished amongst them, well to be honest amongst all of the students in this school. It’s not rare to see them got suspended oftentimes.

“You’re right. The fact we were always skipping class is enough worse, but both of them got a lot memorandums. I’m worried about their futures”. Chaeyoung sighed and Dahyun answer with a nod.

“Let’s just go to the main hall. Hopefully they’re already there.” 

Dahyun and Chaeyoung walked out of the cafetaria and go straight to the main hall. There are a lot of people already, but they can’t see Tzuyu and Jeongyeon anywhere. 

Both Dahyun and Chaeyoung decided took seats and leave 2 empty seats for their friends. When all of students already in, they closed the door and the principal begin to walk and stand at the center of the stage.

“Good morning everyone!” The principal kindly greet.

“Good morning.” All student and teacher greet back.

And suddenly everyone become quiet, even you barely hears everyone breathing in this place.

“First of all, let’s thank God above for His blessing to gather us together in this place  . . .”

Chaeyoung and Dahyun yawned and look at each other.

“I feel boring already.” Dahyun whispered as quiet as she can. She knows she’d die if she get caught talking when the Head Master is also talking

“Same. I feel like i’m at church hearing priest starts their preach.” Chaeyoung whispered back quiettly

“ . . . All of you know why we all gathered at this place. There’ll be a few important informations and you have to hear it properly. First, i would like to announce that . . . “

When the principal was talking suddenly he was cut off by sound of creaking door. Not only it gets the pincipal’s attention, but all eyes in the room look at the source of the noisy sound.

“Oh sorry did we interrupt something?”

All students are shocked when they saw two familiar figures standing at the door and smiled sheepishly. It was none other than Yoo Jeongyeon and her friend, Chou Tzuyu.

Both of them looked so innocent as if they didn’t commit any sins.

“Chou Tzuyu and Yoo Jeongyeon. Do you know what time is it?” The Principal asked.

“We don’t know. We’re not wearing any wristwatches. Well you are wearing a wristwatch on, you can look at it on your own, sir.” Jeongyeon said innocently.

All students and teachers gasped in shocked, it’s inappropriate for Jeongyeon to talk like that.

“So what time is it Sir?” Jeongyeon asked back with a grin like a pure innocent child.

Chaeyoung and Dahyun wanted to smack their friends’ head hardly, but they have to admit it Jeongyeon made they laughed loudly in their minds. 

The principal shook his head and pretend to ignore the question Jeongyeon asked.

“Both of you always came late to school. Your records already exceeded the limit. Do you guys know how many times you came late to school?” The principal asked.

“We’re not counting sir. Perhaps you know how much? since you probably counting too.” Now it’s Tzuyu’s turn to fired back with a question. Another gasps from people in main hall could be heard

Chaeyoung and Dahyun facepalmed theirselves in minds, their friends are purely idiots. They don’t know what time they choosed to play aound.

“Enough! Don’t talk back with older people!” The principal said loudly. Jeongyeon and Tzuyu successfully reach his temptation.

“Basically we just answered his question.”Jeongyeon mumbled quietly.

“i know right.” Tzuyu whispered.

“Miss Yoo and Miss Chou, i want you come here to the stage and face the audiences!” 

Tzuyu and Jeogyeon rolled their eyes but still walked anyway. They stood beside the principal and faced the audiences, and of course with grin plastered on their faces.

“Now raise your hands. . .” Jeongyeon and Tzuyu raised their hands up and their heads down

“Now please say 'i will respect the older and willing to try to become a good student'.” The principal ordered.

“wait what? Can you repeat that i didn’t catch it.” Tzuyu said confusedly.

Unexpectedly, the Principal groaned in frustation and it’s a rare sight to see. Some of the students laughed, because it was indeed funny to watch.

“Quiet!” The Principal said in loud tone and silencing the whole room. The tense fills in the room once again.

“Miss Yoo and Miss Chou, please don’t play around this time. You do know you aren’t child anymore. Moreover you guys are seniors, you supposed to be the good example for all juniors at school.” Tzuyu and Jeongyeon decided to keep their mouths closed.

They knew if they push any buttons they might end up getting another trouble.

“Now repeat after me! And i don’t want you two fool around again.” The Principal said seriously.
.

.

.


Sana can only rolled her eyes when she saw the two troublemakers enter the main hall. To be honest, she was surprised to see Tzuyu came late.

She was sure she met Tzuyu early in the morning, then how can that girl came late?

“Sana, your girlfriend come late.” Jihyo snickered. Sana punch her shoulder playfully.

“Shut up! She’s not my girlfriend.” Sana answered annoyedly. Well actually, she hasn’t told anyone about her deal with that popular playgirl.

She thought it’s enough to be known by just the two of them.

“Then Nayeonnie, your girlfriend Jeongyeon come late.” Momo joined Jihyo as she got a ‘oh-so-hurt-punch’ from the one and only Im Nayeon.

“Don’t ever try Momo, you know i can steal all of your jokbal and make sure you’d never taste it again in your life.” Nayeon threaten.

Of course it successfully scare the hell out of Momo. Knowing that she’s a Jokbal lover and obviously can’t live her life without Jokbal in it.

“Actually, i’m not even surprised to see both of them being punished in front of many people.” Nayeon said.

“True though. Both of them never changed, and will never grow up. I wonder how come they never get expelled?” Sana said queitly because the surrounding become silence.

“Don’t say like that. Tzuyu and her friends are actually good person.” It’s Mina’s turn to talk.

“What makes you said that?” Momo asked. It’s odd to see Mina talked like that. Because ever since they entered this room, Mina played game on her mobile phone and didn’t care about her surroundings.

“Well judging from how their looks, they seems like good persons. You know just because they made a few mistakes doesn’t make it they’re bad person.” Mina shrugged.

.

.
After Tzuyu and Jeongyeon walk down from the stage, they go to empty seats their friend left for them.

“Alright,i hope this would be an lesson for other students to learn respect older and not being late to school.” The principal said.

“Back to the main topic. I gathered all of you here because there is an important event school will held. This will be held approximately on the end of August. And i hope all of student will take part of participation.”

“Wanna bet about that event? I bet it’s about charity. Since our school has been doing  that stupid events for 2 years in row.” Jeongyeon said.

“I think it’s not about charity. I bet my 20$, that it must be our school take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter