Bad Plot Twist

Bad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun is shining so bright that not only burning their skins, yet also make them automatically sweating hard. Working in a wide field at this hour seriously tired for both Mina and Sana. Knowing that both of them are living a luxurious life, so they are not used to work like this. Even if it’s only two hours of work, they already feel tired.

Ji Hye saw it from their facial expression, she shook her head just because she finds it amusing for them to feel exhausted this early.

“Tired? Follow me, we’ll take a break.”

Sana and Mina can only nod shyly, as both of them begin to follow the old lady. Ji Hye took them to hut where she usally rested. Ji Hye gave them water to drink which both japanese immediately gulp it down.

Ji Hye chuckled, “You guys still don’t get used to this, am i right?’

Sana and Mina once again nodded embarrassedly.

“It’s a common, don’t worry i won’t force you guys. Since i know this is must be the first time you work in field.” Ji Hye smiled softly. “By the way, i want to ask you guys something but i always forget to bring it up. Are you guys foreigner?”

“Yes, mom. We are both Japanese.” Mina answered.

Ji Hye nodded in understament, “Oh i see, then how about the other one?” She asked as she refers to Tzuyu.

“She’s Taiwanese.” Sana answers.

“Ahh. .  no wonder all of your names sound strange.” Ji Hye said. “Tell me more about yourselves.”

“We are from the same school as you already know. But we have different classes. Me and Mina are bestfriend, meanwhile Tzuyu. . . we kinda know her but not that close.” Sana explained.

“Really? I thought you guys are close to each other. Especially you. You and Tzuyu look like a couple.” Ji Hye says to Sana. Hearing those words only make Sana blushed, she doesn’t know what to react on Ji Hye’s thought.

Sana was about to speak up her answer, but then she was beaten by Mina,

“No they are not a couple. They are mere friends.”

Sana looks at Mina and saw how flat Mina facial is. And Sana thinks, why does Mina sound like she doesn’t like the idea of Sana and Tzuyu dating? Or is it just Sana’s excessive thought.

Then suddenly they stop talking when someone calls.

“Mina!”

They turned to see Chaeyoung is walking toward them with a big smile on her face. She is not alone though, there is someone beside her, that someone who Sana tried to avoid but unexpectedly stand in front of her right now.

“Hi Chaeyoung, Jennie! What are you guys doing here?” Mina kindly asked. Sana on the other hand is still avoiding eye contact with them.

“Our adopted parent worked here, so we come here. It’s concedience to meet you guys here.” Chaeyoung answered.

Sana still doesn’t want to look at that person, she pretend to looks at different view, so she doesn’t have to face that person. It’s not like Sana still got some feelings for her, but no, Sana just need space to completely forget about her. But unfortunately for Sana, the person actually aware of her presence, moreover it’s been so long since they have talked to each other.

“Hey Sana.” The person greeted.

Sana cursed internally, she expected that she would notice her but she hopes for at least the person don’t greet her.

“H-hi Jennie.” Sana tried to keep it cool but her eyes doesn’t meet Jennie’s ones.

“It’s been a while we’ve talked to each other.”

Sana just smiled awkwardly and give her  a nod. People around them can sense the awkward tension that surrounded around them. Jennie on the other hand is oblivious, she doesn’t know what makes Sana so distant from her. Last time she checked they were okay.

“I- . . .”

“Mom Ji Hye, can we continue our activity. I think i feel okay now.”

Sana cut Jennie off before she even finish her words. Sana stand up and begin to walk ahead without even look back a bit. Mina smiled one last time and bid good bye to them before she follows Ji Hye and Sana who already a bit far ahead.

.

 

 

 

.

 

 

 

.

They finished around 12 and go home because they have to prepare food for lunch. The house is not that far from field, so it doesn’t take long to reach the house. When they finally arrived, they saw Ji Hye’s husband already home and sat in front of the terrace.

“You’re home already?”

He nods, “The weather is not that good today, moreover we catch enough fish today.”

“Where is Tzuyu?” Sana asked.

“She said that she want to take rest. She is  a bit sick earlier, but neverthless she is amazing, though she is afraid of sea when the first time we go with my ship.”

After hearing Tzuyu is sick, Mina imediately went in to the house, well to the room for more specific. As she opens the door, she saw Tzuyu was lying on the futon looking tiredly. Mina take a sit beside her and check her temperature. Tzuyu’s body was in heat, her face was oddly pale and also to mention she was sweating hard.

“Tzuyu, wake up! Let’s change your clothes, you catch a cold.”

Tzuyu stirred and hummed, she opens her eyes slowly. To be honest, the view was blurry. Not only catch a cold, she also has a huge headache right now.

“S-sana?” Tzuyu called slowly.

Mina clicked her tongue, how in the world she think that Mina is Sana? When it’s clearly Mina who is in front her. Mina brush off the thought decide not to protest.

“It’s me, Mina. Get up and change your clothes. I’ll bring you something hot later.” Mina said.

She get up and asks for permission to open her luggage so she can get some new clothes for Tzuyu to change. Tzuyu obeyed when Mina told her to changed, while Mina get out of the room to prepare something warm for Tzuyu.

When she walked to the kitchen, she meet Sana and Ji Hye who still busy to prepare food as their lunch. Mina was about to make some hot drink but then Sana comes toward her with a glass on her hand.

“How is Tzuyu? Is she okay?” Sana asks, Mina can clearly sees the worry on her face.

“She is fine by now. As expected, she catch a cold. I told her to change into new clothes, I will just make her something warm to drink.”

“No need, i already prepare this hot chocolate for her.”

Sana was about to walk away, but then Mina grabs her wrist to prevent her moving forward.

“Can i bring it for her instead of you? I mean, you could just stay and helps mom prepare lunch.” Mina suggested.

Sana frowned at the weird quesion of Mina. “Why though? I want to bring it and see how  she is.”

Mina can’t let it happens, because she knows there is something happend between Tzuyu and Sana. And she can’t just let Sana has another moment with Tzuyu, she just can’t.

“I. .  euh you don’t need to worry about her, i’ll take care of Tzuyu. And by the way, since when you starts to care about her? I thought you guys are not friend”

Sana was silent, what Mina says is not true or is it half true. She is not sure what her and Tzuyu’s relationship is, but nobody knows that they are actually pretty close behind the curtain. If it is not for Sana’s care about her reputation she would admit to her bestfriends, that actually she is close to the Taiwanese.

Seeing no reaction from Sana, Mina decided to take the glass from her hand. Sana doesn’t even react for it, she aware of it but let her anyway.

“I’ll give her this.”

Then Mina walks back to Tzuyu’s room. Sana was left with a confused look, she don’t get it why Mina acted like this. She acted like she cares for Tzuyu, and it’s like they are so close or something. Is there something that Sana doesn’t know about the two of them? Sana sighed and brush the thought away, she think she will just go prepare the lunch

Half an hour later, the food is ready to be served. All family members already settle down around the dining table. Sana was about to call for Mina and Tzuyu to join them, however Mina come and tell that Tzuyu can’t joins them to the table due to she has no enough strength to walk here. She also informed that she will just deliver the food for Tzuyu to eat. Neverthless, Ji Hye told Mina to stay at table and eat her own lunch, thus she will be the one to check and take care of Tzuyu.

Of course Mina obeyed the old lady’s words, she sit down joins the other to eat their lunch. But instead of eating, she just drink the tea and not touching food at all. This action didn’t go unnoticed by the other people.

“Why don’t you eat, young lady? Is the food not entranced enough for you?”  Mr Jae Hyun asked.

“No that’s not it, d-dad. It’s just i usually not eat a lot.” Mina stated.

“It’s okay Mina, just try to eat a few.” Sana assured.

Mina just nodded and obliged herself to eat some, she doesn’t want to be rude to reject the food they gave. Apparently, they finish lunch only the three of them, meanwhile Ji Hye is still taking care of Tzuyu. Mina offers help to clean the dishes, since she wasn’t helping them prepare lunch.

Then Sana on the other hand determined to see Tzuyu’s condition, so she walks to the room instead. But then she stops by the door when she saw how peacefully Tzuyu’s looks right now. She was covered with a blanket, while her hand was holding by Ji Hye, and Ji Hye’s other hand was her head carefully. Sana smiled at the sight, even though Tzuyu is sleeping she can totally see how Tzuyu enjoys this. If Sana remembers quietly, Tzuyu once mentioned that her family is not as harmony as other family would. And perhaps, Tzuyu is missing this moment, a moment when she has someone to take care of her as a parents.

Don’t know how long she was reflected how Tzuyu’s life, she doesn’t even realized that Ji Hye  noticed her presence.

“What are you doing there, young lady?” The older woman ask teasingly.

Sana blushed and shook her head, as she come closer to the two other woman. She took a sit beside Ji Hye and faces the currently sleeping Tzuyu.

“She is just overtired, that’s she is not only caught cold but also has fever. she’ll be okay if she rests enough.” Ji Hye explains.

Sana can only nods, she doesn’t know what words to say. And also she doesn’t want to talk much, because she is afraid it’ll only disturb the young Taiwanese sleep.

“I don’t know what’s wrong with her, but it seems she miss her parents. She keeps mumbling about them earlier. Do you know what happend?”

Sana shook her head. She doesn’t know any details about Tzuyu’s life, it’s like a big mystery for her to reveal. Morever, Tzuyu never talks anything about her family that detail, i mean they are not close enough to share those things.

“I also don’t know.”

Ji Hye just sighed, “Poor kid. I think i’ll go clean the house now. You don’t have to help me, just stay here with her in case she needs something.” Ji Hye brush Tzuyu’s hair one last time before she get up and walk out of the room leaving only Sana and sleeping Tzuyu.

Sana keeps staring at Tzuyu, she doesn’t know why she feels her heart ache when she saw Tzuyu in this state, she can’t even explains why. The usual playful and tease Tzuyu now laying down lethargic. Unconciously, Sana put her hand on Tzuyu’s warm cheek and it gently. It caused the Taiwanese to hummed and leaned at the touch. Sana let out a small chuckle, Tzuyu is such a baby right now.

“What happend to you Tzuyu-ah? Who are you really? It’s so weird to see you lying here weakly.”

Unfortunately, this moment didn’t last long when suddenly Mina enters the bedroom. Sana quickly pull her hand back, but of course Mina already noticed it first. Mina narrow her eyes in suspicious, and Sana knows that Mina is going to shoot her lot questions so she just stand up and plan to get out of the room.

“I’ll just get out of the room.” Sana says.

“Why did you have your hand on Tzuyu’s cheek?” Mina asks as if she is a jealous girlfriend of Tzuyu.

“None of your business, why do you care though? Are you perhaps don’t like it?” Sana challenged.

“What if i don’t?”

Mina’s answer really surprised Sana, since when Mina being this blunt.

“What’s with you? Do you like Tzuyu or something? You’re being weird Mina, this is not you.”

“That has nothing to do with you Sana. But please answer me honestly, do you have something with Tzuyu that i don’t know? I’m not stupid Sana. Last time i checked you and Tzuyu don’t have good relationship. And now the two of you acted like you’re close with each other.” Mina pointed out.

Sana knows that Mina is smart enough amongst her other friend. She can just tell Mina about it, but you don’t know how much important pride is for Minatozaki Sana.

“I- i don’t have anything with her! We’re nothing, okay?! I don’t even like her” Sana denied.

Mina was about to opens to retort back, but because Sana’s voice is loud, it wakes Tzuyu from her peaceful sleep.

“Ehm . .  Mina?” Tzuyu called huskily.

Mina quickly went to the young Taiwanese and asks her if she wnats anything. Sana scoffed at this sight, she totally doesn’t like when Mina take care of Tzuyu. Or you can just say when Mina being close to Tzuyu. And Sana is annoyed by the fact why would Tzuyu call Mina when she woke up. Because she can’t take it anymore, she choose to walk out of the room rather than watching Mina being lovey-dovey with Tzuyu.

 

The next two days, Tzuyu’s condition is getting better. She can finally go fishing with Jae Hyun, although the old man keep resist and seduce her to stay. But Tzuyu assured that she is fine and feels better now. The odd thing is, Tzuyu never approach Sana ever since she is sick. there are sometime they passed each other, but unusually Tzuyu will just walk pass her as if she doesn’t know her. Sana, on the other hand is a coward and being to prideful to open up a conversation with the Taiwanese. So yeah, it’s been 3 days and they are still not talking to each other.

“Tonight all students of district 9 are told to come at village meeting hall. We’re going to report our daily activities to the teachers, so maybe we’re going home late.” Mina announced.

“Ah is that so? What time you’ll be going?” Ji Hye asks

“Around 6 maybe” Tzuyu answers.

“Okay then. If you come home late, the door is always open to you. I won’t lock it.”

“What? Aren’t you afraid of someone might barging in?” Sana asks.

“It’s okay honey, this is a village anyway. Peop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter