It’s Party Time.

Always read the fine print, when getting a cat.

Youngjae and Daehyun were pushing furniture around when the hybrids woke up from their afternoon nap. Jongup sat on the stairs and watched from afar while Junhong contemplated asking the humans what they were doing. Maybe it was spring cleaning? Both hybrids jumped up when Youngjae accidently dropped the corner of the folded table he and Daehyun were carrying on the floor. The younger human cursed under his breath and Daehyun was hunched over laughing. Junhong quickly bounced down the stairs and offered to help with the table. Youngjae nodded before slinking off to the attic to grab something.

“Why are you guys moving stuff?” Junhong asked with a confused tone.

“We’re preparing for the party.” Daehyun grinned. This perked both hybrids’ interest.

“What party?” Junhong asked as Jongup finally descended the stairs and joined the conversation.

“A meet and greet of sorts, Youngjae’s friends want to meet you two.” Daehyun answers the curious hybrids.

“Do you know who's coming?” Jongup asks, he may or may not be a little nervous to meet Youngjae’s friends. Daehyun hums as he thinks.

“I believe it's Himchan, Yongguk, Jaebum and his friends who are also Youngjae’s friends, I don't really know them. Peniel said he would drop by for an hour or so, Hyosung, Hana, Jieun, and Sunhwa are also coming. And of course I'll be here. I think that's it.” Daehyun said as he tapped his chin. “Oh wait, I think Youngjae mentioned something about a kid and his hybrid stopping by to drop off a thank you gift.” The human shrugged but the hybrids knew who he was talking about, Jimin and Jungkook. It would be nice to see then again, Junhong thinks to himself. Youngjae comes back down the stairs holding a large somewhat dusty box. The ceo grunts when he sets it down and coughs when he opens the flaps.

“It's been forever since I held a house party.” Youngjae says to no one in particular.

“This is why I said you should have rented a place out. Less work for us.” Daehyun snorts.

“But home parties feel more comfortable, if I were to rent out a building it would feel like another business party.” Youngjae explains.

“I guess, but I'm not helping with the clean up.” Daehyun grumbles.

“Well it's a good thing the maids are coming in tomorrow.” Youngjae chirps.

“When does the party start?” Junhong asks as he helps his owner with the table cloths.

“Around 6, which translates to 7:30.” Youngjae answers while he looks around the living room. Everything was set up, he ordered food, which will arrive by the time everyone has settled down. The only thing left to do was shower and get ready himself but before any of that happened Jimin stopped by with a lovely fruit basket and Jungkook wrestled with Junhong and Jongup while Youngjae introduced the younger to Daehyun. The two left and the ceo thought it was probably a good idea to get ready. The ceo was blow drying his hair when someone buzzed his front gate.

“Can someone get that, it's probably Himchan and Yongguk!” He yells from the bathroom, he hears a faint “I got it” from Daehyun and goes back to drying his hair. Youngjae opens the bathroom door and finds both hybrids still in his room. “Were you guys waiting for me?” He asks sweetly and was met with nods. “Well then, let's go!” He leads them to the living room where Daehyun and Yongguk are laughing at a pouting Himchan.

“Look who decided to show up.” Himchan said to distract the other two. “You know it’s sad when the host can’t even show up to his own event on time.” The older nagged with his arms crossed, causing Youngjae to roll his eyes.

“It’s not my fault you showed up early.”

“It’s not my fault Yongguk likes to be punctual.”

“It’s not my fault you’re dating a punctual man.”

“Actually it is your fault we’re dating.”

“... Your welcome.” Youngjae ended the battle by sticking his tongue out, which Himchan quickly grabbed and tugged on it.

“Don’t stick your tongue out at me, young man.” The two continued to bicker back and forth. Both hybrids just watched from the sidelines, unsure of what to do. Jongup notices Daehyun gesturing for them to come over so he drags Junhong’s with him to the older male.

“That’s Himchan, they can argue for hours so we’ll let them be.” Daehyun giggled. “And this is Yongguk, he’s scary looking but he’s actually a huge fluff.” The vocalist grinned.

“Nice to meet you.” Yongguk held his hand out. Both hybrids looked at that hand before reaching out to shake it. Only pausing when they realized they both were trying to shake the man’s hand. Yongguk laughed at the emberssed hybrids but continued to shake both of their hands. Junhong is starstruck when he sees Yongguk’s gummy smile and Jongup isn’t much better. The four of them talk, with Daehyun doing most of the talking because the other three were content with listening to him ramble about bubble planets but Yongguk would chim in with some random politics while Jongup and Junhong would make up random citizens who lived in these fancy bubble planets. Youngjae finally joins the conversation by popping up behind Junhong and saying that he would be the villain who pops the bubbles out of spite, he would be called the Sphere Burster. Himchan snorts but let’s the younger have his fun. They were comfortably sitting around the living room table when the front gate buzzed again. Youngjae quickly got up and checked who was there.

“Oh god it’s the party van.” He states as he buzzes them in. Everyone is confused so they look out the window to see what he was talking about. Driving up the driveway was a large baby blue van with a pink hood and multiple strimmers wrapped around it.

“What the is that.” Daehyun says when he sees the van.

“That is a college mistake.” Youngjae mutters under his breath. Before anyone could ask, the sound of doors slamming filled the air, then loud running, then a loud slam on the door, and finally a loud cry of victory. Youngjae opens the door and he’s quickly pulled into a hug fest. After what seems like a million hugs, he finally gets the seven men inside. Wait… seven? Youngjae looks at the seventh man in confusion, one because he’s never met him and two, he was a hybrid.

“Hello, I’m Jinyoung. I was a gift to Mark.” The man greets. “I hope you don’t mind me tagging along.” The ceo was honestly captivated by Jinyoung’s smile.

“I’m Youngjae, it’s nice to meet you. I’m glad you came.” Youngjae smiled back. “Alright now that everyone is inside. Everyone this is Jongup and Junhong. Junhong, Jongup, this is Jaebum, Mark, Jackson, BamBam, Youngjae, Yugyeom, and Jinyoung.” After that it was a mess of greetings and small talk. When Youngjae looks around to check on his hybrids he spots them with Jinyoung in a secluded corner.

The ceo walks over to Mark and whispers, “Do you know what they’re talking about?”

“I dunno, hybrid stuff? I know it’s been a while since Jinyoung has seen another hybrid.” Mark says nonchalantly. Youngjae nods along and decides to leave them be. The front gate buzzes again and Youngjae quickly goes to let them in. The ceo saves Junhong from BamBam and Yugyeom and drags Jongup from Jackson so they could meet Peniel, Hyosung, Hana, Jieun, and Sunhwa. Youngjae panics when the front gate buzzes again, thinking he forgot about someone but remembers that he ordered food. Everyone settles down when the food is passed around. Youngjae happily watches his hybrids interact with all his friends.

“They’re adorable.” Youngjae jumps when feels Hyosung suddenly lean against him.

“Yeah, they make me happy.” He blushes slightly and Hyosung hums in thought.

“I’m glad you got them, before you were happy but not happy, like something was missing. If that makes any sense.” She admitted.

“I think I understand.” Youngjae said after he thought about it. Sure he was happy, but Jongup and Junhong offered him a type of happiness the others couldn’t and it made him feel more complete. Slowly the night went on and the guests trickled out after 10 p.m. Daehyun bid them good night after Himchan and Yongguk left and Youngjae followed suit. His hybrids followed him to bed once they finished putting the leftovers away.

“Did you have fun?” Youngjae asks when they crawl under the covers. Junhong nods and Jongup replies with a tired yes. “What do you think about Jinyoung?” Youngjae thought it would be nice if his hybrids had more hybrid friends and Jinyoung seemed like a good person.

“Oh!” Junhong suddenly gasped. “He’s the other escapee.”

“Really? I wonder if Mark knows.” Youngjae thinks out loud,

“I’m not sure, I forgot to ask.” Junhong says sheepishly. The conversation was cut sort by Jongup’s light snoring. Youngjae giggles quietly but snuggles deeper into the blankets, he didn’t notice how tired he was. Junhong watches them sleep for a while until his eyes couldn’t stay open anymore.

 

 

(A/N): I think there's only going to be 4 more chapters after this, since I'm starting to lose interest in this story. Sorry but it's getting harder to come up with ideas for future chapters so I think it's time to pull things to a close. I'll try and power through the last four chapters so I hope everyone can stick around until the end.
Thank you so much for reading up to this point!