Pets will play while the owner is away.

Always read the fine print, when getting a cat.

Jongup woke up to the shower running and Junhong’s gross morning breath. The older hybrid untangled himself from the younger then walked up to the bathroom door, he pressed his ear against the door and listened carefully. Youngjae always sang in the shower, it was honestly the only reason Jongup woke up early in the morning. The singing stops and the water turns off so Jongup goes back to bed after shoving Junhong back to his side of the bed. Youngjae finally walks out of the bathroom but instead of wearing his normal comfy clothes, he was wearing a suit.

“You look fancy today, what's the occasion?” Jongup asks. The hybrid really liked his owner in a suit.

“I have to go to work.” Youngjae answers as he ties his tie. Suddenly Jongup didn't like the suit anymore, even if it made Youngjae look amazing.

“I always wanted to go to work.” Junhong mumbles half awake. “Let’s gooo.”

“Absolutely not.” Youngjae snorts.

“Why not?” Jongup pouts.

“Because.”

“Because?”

“No pets allowed?”

“Is that really a rule?”

“Just stay here, I'll be home at 5.” Youngjae rolled his eyes.

“But that's almost the whole day.” Junhong whines as he finally gets out of bed to follow Youngjae out of the room.

“It’s not that bad, I have the weekend plus monday off so we have 3 full days to hang.” Youngjae tried to pry Jongup’s arms off his waste.

“What’s happening?” Daehyun asks when he sees Youngjae struggling to leave the front door.

“I'm trying to go to work.” Youngjae wheezes out. “Help me.”

“That’s adorable, they don't want you to leave.” Daehyun giggles, ignoring Youngjae’s pleads. “Alright, alright, it's time to go or we’ll be late and if Youngjae is late we’re all dead.” Daehyun says dramatically, causing both hybrids to look at him. “it's bad for his image and his workers will lose all respect for him and that's realllly bad.” Daehyun was exaggerating but it seemed to work when both hybrids gave Youngjae one last hug before letting go.

“I promise to come home as soon as I can. See you later, okay?” Youngjae smiled brightly when his hybrids nodded. He gave them both a quick peck on the cheek before leaving the house, followed by Daehyun patting their heads before leaving as well.

“... So what now?” Junhong asks, looking at the older hybrid. Jongup just shrugs and goes back to Youngjae’s rooms to sleep some more. Maybe when he wakes up again it will but 5p.m. Junhong on the other hand looked for something to do, he wandered around the house boredly until he entered Youngjae’s room and stared at the blanket lump that was Jongup. Without any thought, the younger hybrid jumps onto the defenseless Jongup. This causes the older hybrid to freak out and shift forms. Junhong freezes when he hears the low growling and slips off the beast before running out of the room. Jongup cases after the younger at full speed, not caring that he was knocking things over as they ran throughout the house. Finally he had Junhong cornered and went for the kill.

“Ughhh get off me, You’re getting fur in my mouth.” Junhong whined as he tried to push the giant fluff ball off of him but the older wouldn’t budge. Jongup snickered at the younger’s struggling but yelped when Junhong shifted as well. The older pouted when he noticed that Junhong was also bigger than him in this form as well. The two hybrids wrestled for what seemed like hours before tiring out and shifting back into their human forms.

“It’s been a while since I’ve fought with an evenly matched foe.” Jongup panted out.

“Geez, I think you’ve been playing too much pocketmonz, you’re speaking like a nerd.” Junhong huffed out, Jongup punched the younger’s shoulder but let out an airy chuckle. They sat in comfortable silence for a while before a thought popped up into Junhong’s head.

“Did you really kill Junhyeok and Jisoo?” Junhong whispered.

“Yeah, they got in the way so I had to.” Jongup shrugged. “Are you upset?” Junhong shakes his head.

“It’s just hard to believe that two of us are dead.” Junhong says while tugging at loose threads on his shirt.

“I honestly thought I was the only one left since everyone thought we’d die being on our own.” Jongup mused out loud. “But it seems you and Jungkook made it out just fine… Speaking of which, how are you alive? I mean Jungkook has Jimin but who did you have to cuddle with?” Jongup had been meaning to ask the younger this for a while now but he always forgot about the question. While creating the chimera hybrids the scientists made sure to have a fail safe incase the chimeras became uncontrollable, they managed to make it so the hybrids needed affection or they would die from heartbreak but seeing as Junhong was fine, maybe that was something the scientists made up.

“I lived with stray dogs, they love you unconditionally if you treat em’ right.” Junhong smiled sheepishly. “I had like 40 of them following me around once, I named all of them too.” The younger started rambling on about each and every dog friend he made and Jongup listened to every word, who knew the younger hybrid could be this cute. By the time Junhong had finish his ted talk, the clock was nearing 3 p.m.

“2 more hours.” Jongup mumbled and stood up. “We should eat something, we missed lunch… Also breakfast. Wait, did Youngjae eat breakfast? Did he eat lunch? Maybe we should make dinner…” Jongup thought out loud.

“But isn’t it too early for dinner? Who eats at 5 we should eat a snack and make dinner at like 7 or something.” Junhong chimed in as he followed Jongup into the kitchen. “Plus I’m sure Youngjae ate lunch, he’s a responsible adult.”

“I guess you’re right. What do you want for a snack?” Jongup asked.  

“toasty strudely!” Junhong yelled excitedly and the older hybrid just shook his head in amusement before pulling the box out from the freezer. They both ate four delicious toasty strudelys because Youngjae wasn’t there to tell them no and there was nothing on the rule sheet that told them not too. After the gooey snack they went back to Youngjae’s room, completely ignoring the fact the house was a complete mess, that’s what their owner gets for leaving. Crawling into bed, Junhong and Jongup curl up together to take a nice power nap.