I thought parties were supposed to be fun.

Always read the fine print, when getting a cat.

Youngjae had spent the last hour making sure his hybrids were looking spick and span, with just the right amount of spiffy. Both hybrids examined themselves in the bathroom mirror, their suits were tailored to fit snuggly against their bodies and their hair was styled neatly.

“I feel like I'm going to a funeral and not a party.” Junhong stated.

“It's basically the same thing, except funerals have fun in the word.” Youngjae says with a dry voice.

“Are business parties really that bad?” Jongup asks. Youngjae gives him the most deadpanned ‘yes’ before pushing his hybrids out the bathroom and towards the front door. They were all ready an hour late, which didn't really matter since Youngjae is always late to these events. Daehyun drove them to the big fancy building the party was being held at and told them to have fun before they got out of the car. Youngjae lead the two into the building and ignored the looks he was receiving.

“Sooooo, what happens now?” Junhong asks softly.

“We stand around and talk.” Youngjae answers right before an older gent walks up to them.

“Mr.Yoo, I’m so glad you could make it.” The man hosting the party was an old business partner, he came from old money and ran a company older than Youngjae’s but the younger ceo couldn’t remember his name.

“It’s a pleasure to be here, thank you for inviting me.” Youngjae gave the man a polite smile, lowkey hoping he would move on soon but the man seemed interested in Junhong and Jongup, he gave each hybrid a once over before looking back at Youngjae.

“They are quite beautiful, you have excellent taste.” The man said and Youngjae simply nodded. “I don’t suppose you have a price for one-” The man quickly snapped his mouth shut when he was met with one of Youngjae’s coldest glares that threatened death if he continued. “I-I should greet the other guest, I hope you enjoy your time.” The man bowed slightly before turning on his heel to flee.

“That was pretty cool.” Jongup started.

“It’s like you have a superpower.” Junhong finished, causing Youngjae to snort but the tension, he didn’t know was there, seeped out of his shoulders. The night continued as it did every party, people walked up to the young ceo, tried to make small talk with him, only to be met with the cold shoulder but unlike all the other times, this time Youngjae had his two hybrids to distract him from the boredom. Jongup was making a joke about blowing like flute when someone caught Youngjae’s attention. A woman, probably around Youngjae’s age was slowly making her way through the crowd. She only stood out to the ceo because she didn’t look familiar at all. She smiled when she noticed Youngjae looking at her.

“Hello.” She greeted, making Junhong and Jongup look up from their plates of snacks. “My name is Jeongyeon, I’m the heir to the Kaviri company.” She held out her hand and Youngjae shook it, her name rang a few bells but Youngjae couldn’t place his finger on it. She shifted on her feet when Youngjae stayed silent, he gave her a once over before something popped into his head.

“Do you know Jackson Wang, soon to be Im?” He asks out of the blue, catching the poor heir off guard.

“O-oh! Yes, I know him. We’re friends.” Jeongyeon answered when she got over the shock. “We had the same friend group in high school. They’re getting married in a few months and they asked me to be the maid of honor.” She rambled on, this was definitely not the conversation she was expecting to have with the ceo of Yoo Industries.

“I’m the best man so I guess we’ll be seeing each other again in the future, it’s nice to finally meet you.” Youngjae grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it like the gentleman he was. Jongup and Junhong snickered lightly at Jeongyeon’s blushing face in the background.

“I’m glad we were able to meet before the wedding, it makes things less awkward.” She said while her face returned to it’s normal color. “Wait! I came over here for something else. Since I’m the next heir my father tasked me with getting a deal with you as my first task to take over the company.” She rushes out before taking a deep breath. Youngjae hums in thought.

“Is 9 a.m next Tuesday good for you?” Youngjae asks.

“Yes!” She exclaims before apologizing. “Sorry, it’s just I wasn’t expecting this too go so well.”

“Well, it would be wrong to ignore a potential partner, especially one whose name has been popping up more frequently. Plus you’re a friend of a friend so I’m willing to pull some strings.” Youngjae winks. They chat for a little while longer before Jeongyeon bids them goodbye and leaves.

“Well that took a long time.” Junhong pouts as he presses up into Youngjae’s side.

“Sorry.” Youngjae says and scratches behind the younger’s ear.

“Not to be rude but is this thing almost over?” Jongup whines from Youngjae’s other side.

“We can go if you want.” Youngjae wraps his free arm around Jongup’s waist and pulls him closer.

“Will you get in trouble?” Jongup asks.

“Nope. Once I showed up, greeted like five people and left.” Youngjae quickly scanned the room and no one seemed to be interested him talking to him so this was the perfect time to leave. “I’ll call Daehyun, he should be here within 15 minutes.” The ceo called his friend but was interrupted by Junhong’s low growl. Youngjae quickly told the older to pick them up and hung up. “What’s wrong?”

“Sorry, it’s just this guy has been staring at us this whole night.” Junhong nodded in the man’s general direction. Youngjae looks over but no one stands out.

“Well, staring is pretty common at these parties, it’s just most people are more subtle about it.” Youngjae said in an apologetic tone. Junhong nodded and relaxed when Youngjae started to scratch under his chin. Youngjae jumped when his phone pinged. “Daehyun’s here so let’s get out of here.” He says with a grin on his face.

“Can we get food on the way home?” Jongup chirps.

“Sure.” Youngjae answers as they leave the building.

 

(A/N): 2 more chapters to go! >.> I know I keep saying I'm going to try and finish this soon but this time I mean it! (But don't trust me lmao)