I didn’t know it was take your pet to work day.

Always read the fine print, when getting a cat.

Youngjae was already gone when the hybrids woke up. Junhong whined while he nuzzled into his owner’s pillow. For some reason today felt like a Youngjae day, the younger hybrid wanted nothing more then to cuddle up against the ceo but sadly he wouldn't be home until 5. Jongup watched Junhong roll around the bed before sighing.

“Do you really miss him that much?” Jongup asks, already knowing what was bothering the other hybrid.

“I dunno.” Junhong mumbled into the pillow, causing Jongup to roll his eyes.

“You could always call him, he’d probably come home.” Jongup offered.

“But I don’t want to bother him.” Junhong whined.

“Then stop moping around, let’s get something to eat.” Jongup tugged the younger with him to get breakfast. Surprisingly Daehyun was home chilling on the couch.

“Good morning.” The older chirped from the couch.

“Good morning. I thought you had an album to record.” Jongup asks from the kitchen.

“Nah, all the singing is done, now it's just behind the scenes stuff.” Daehyun answers. “You guys have any plans today?”

“Not sure yet, we'll probably think of something after we eat.” Jongup answers as he digs through the cabinets. He lets out a triumphant tut when he finds the sugary cereals Youngjae tries to hide because both hybrids eat it like it’s the only food they have. Junhong sits down at the table with a slight pout but quickly perks up when Jongup places the cereal in front of him. They eat 2 bowls each before Daehyun comes in a snatches the box away from them and playfully scolds them for having no self control as if he doesn’t struggle from the same problem. The trio sit down in front of the tv but like usual nothing caught their attention. Junhong signs for the umpteenth and Daehyun notices the youngest’s frown.

“What’s wrong?” He asks.

“Nothing.” Junhong mumbles.

“He misses Youngjae.” Jongup rats the younger out with no mercy.

“Oh… Why don’t you guys visit him at work or something?” Daehyun offers with a mischievous grin.

“Are we aloud to do that?” Junhong perks up.

“It’s not on the rule page.” Jongup adds.

“Rule page?” Daehyun has never heard of this so called rule page.

“That’s not the point right now. Can we really visit Youngjae?” Junhong was giving Daehyun the biggest puppy eyes.

“Sure, I can drive you guys there right now.” Daehyun assured the youngest hybrid.

“We should probably change out of our pjs tho.” Jongup suggested and Junhong bolted up the stairs to do so.

“He’s really excited.” Daehyun whistled out under his breath.

Jongup shrugs, “it’s a Youngjae day for him.” Daehyun didn’t fully understand what that meant but he thinks he gets the gist of if. Jongup soon follows Junhong up to their room where the younger is already halfway done changing and once he finishes, Junhong is shoving clothes into Jongup’s hands.

“Calm down, we have time.” Jongup hisses.

“But I want to go now.” Junhong whines.

Jongup rolls his eyes but starts changing anyways. “The things I do for love.” He grumbles under his breath. Once he finishes changing the younger is already pulling him out the front door before he could even blink. Daehyun just follows behind, watching them in amusement. When Daehyun stops in front of Yoo Industries the two hybrids take a moment to look at the building. It was a tall modern building with one of those fancy signs at the top that read the company's name in giant yellow letters.

“So do we just go in there?” Junhong asks nervously.

“Yup and Youngjae is on the very top floor.” Daehyun smiled sweetly on the outside but he was cackling on the inside. Junhong glanced at Jongup, who shrugged. What could go wrong…Well a lot could go wrong but that wasn't going to stop them now. Both hybrids walk into the building, looking at everything like a bunch of lost children. Jongup spotted the elevators and started to drag Junhong towards it but the lady at the front desk asked them to stop. Jongup panicked and ran towards an open elevator. When they got inside, the older hybrid pressed the “close doors” button a million times while the front desk lady called for security. Jongup thought they were in the clear but froze when the doors opened to reveal a surprised office worker. The hybrid quickly pressed the “closes doors” button again.

“Is there a way to make elevators ignore other floors?” Jongup asks.

“How should I know?” Junhong shrugged. “Maybe keep pressing the door button?”

“If that doesn’t work we might have to use the stairs instead.”

“I hope it works.” Junhong crosses his fingers because stairs and it does work! Both hybrids find themselves on the top floor in a long hallway with multiple doors.

“Which room is Youngjae’s?” Junhong asks nervously.

“I’m not sure…” This lead to Jongup and Junhong opening each door that wasn’t locked until they turned a corner and saw another lady sitting at a desk. She noticed them and waved them over, she looked vaguely familiar. When they got closer to her desk Junhong read the nameplate, it was Hana, she was one of the women from the party Youngjae threw for them.

“Youngjae is busy at the moment but I’ll notify him your here.” Hana types something into her computer. “I should also tell security to back off. Next time please just tell the front desk worker you’re visiting instead of running off.” Hana laughs when the hybrids look down like kicked puppys. She offers them a seat and snacks before going back to work. All three of them jump when the door is suddenly slammed open.

An angry man walks out and turns around, “You’re going to regret this!” He hisses out before he slams the door shut and walks away.

“Don’t worry, this usually happens whenever a deal turns sour, nothing actually happens, it’s all a bunch of empty threats.” Hana says with a comforting voice. Both hybrids nod at her but it doesn't stop the uneasy feeling settling in their stomachs. “You two can go in now.” And with that Junhong is bouncing into the room and going straight for his owner. One: because he missed Youngjae and two: he was worried about what happened earlier. Youngjae was sitting in his chair when he suddenly had a lapful of Junhong.

“Did you really miss me that much?” Youngjae giggled out as he ran his hands through the younger’s hair. Junhong just let out a pleased purr, he was too busy getting his Youngjae love to really pay attention.

“It’s just one of those days.” Jongup answers for the younger hybrid.

“You could have called instead.” Youngjae raises his eyebrow at his other hybrid.

“It was Daehyun’s idea.” Jongup threw the older human under the bus with no hesitation.

Youngjae could only roll his eyes. “Of course it was. I’m assuming he’s also the one who dropped you guys off as well?”

“Were we not supposed to come?” Jongup asks.

“I don’t mind you visiting but I would appreciate to know beforehand.” Youngjae smiles softly.

“We’ll be sure to ask next time.” Jongup chirps, he was happy to know the older wasn’t mad. They sat in silence for a few minutes, Junhong was happily clinging to Youngjae and Jongup was sitting on his desk. “What did that guy want? The one who left here all angry?” Jongup asked quietly, he wasn’t sure if Youngjae wanted to talk about it.

“Oh that? It was just another ceo who was angry that I didn’t agree to his terms and dropped his whole company from our previous contract.” Youngjae says nonchalantly but Junhong whined when the petting became to harsh. “Sorry.” He mumbled softly before kissing Junhong’s head.

“Was it a bad deal?” Jongup didn’t know much about business but he wanted to know what made Youngjae so angry.

“Well, it wasn’t a business deal that’s for sure.” The ceo grumbled. “He asked and I quote, ‘How much for one of your hybrids.’ I guess he saw you at the business party.” Youngjae tightened his hold on Junhong’s waist “So I told him that neither of my hybrids were for sale and to drop it but apparently he doesn’t know when to stop because he kept offering prices so I dropped his company from our partnership. He tried to save it, begged for forgiveness but I was done talking to him.” Youngjae sighs. “But know that he’s gone we can start negotiating with another company so it wasn’t a real loss.”

“Want me to kick his ?” Both hybrids say at the same time, causing Youngjae to laugh.

“No, no it’s fine.” Youngjae couldn’t help but smile at his adorable hybrids. Hana pops her head into the office and tells Youngjae that Himchan told her to tell him to eat lunch. The ceo asks his assistant if he had any other important plans today. When she shook her head, Youngjae told her he was going to take the rest of the day off. With Hana’s thumbs up, the trio leave the office building after they apologize to the front desk worker. Youngjae gave Daehyun a light hearted threat when he picked them up and then the four of them went out for a fancy lunch the other three were clearly under dressed for but Youngjae could care less about the looks they received.

When they got home, Daehyun excused himself when he got a call. The older human came back out a told Youngjae that he was going to meet up with Yongguk and he probably wouldn’t be home until tomorrow. Apparently Yongguk was hit by the inspiration truck and wanted to use Daehyun’s vocals. The older was out before Youngjae could properly say goodbye but he couldn’t fault Daehyun for being excited, his dream was slowly coming true. Jongup brought up an anime he’s been dying to watch so the trio spent the rest of the day binge watching dragon ball z. It was eleven p.m. when Youngjae finally called it quits he couldn’t handle anymore ten episode spirit bombs or hair growing. The ceo was about to fall asleep when he heard a low thump and then his phone pinged.

“What was that?” Junhong asked fully awake now. Jongup was already sitting up and ready to investigate.

“Probably an intruder.” Youngjae mumbled. “Wait.” He told Jongup when said hybrid nearly ran to the door. The ceo checked his phone, “The person entered through the second floor hallway window so they’re probably coming to this room. Hide and ambush them when they enter the bedroom.” Youngjae explains tiredly. Jongup nods, he shifts then climbs up the wall right above the door. “You want to help him?” Youngjae asks the younger hybrid.

“He can handle it himself.” Junhong nuzzles closer to Youngjae. The human sends his guards a text to take their time since they were already outside his house. Hyosung sends him a thumbs up emoji and a tea emoji. The door starts to open and Youngjae drops his phone and plays dead… or sleep in this case. The intruder slowly creeps in but doesn’t get far, Jongup pounces onto the man’s back so he couldn’t see who attacked him. Youngjae gets out of bed and crouches in front of the terrified man.

“Who sent you?” The ceo asks dryly.

“M-m-mr.Chu, he wanted revenge for something. P-please don’t k-k-kill me.” The man cries out. Youngjae rolls his eyes.

“Who’s Mr.Chu?” Junhong asks from the bed.

“That ceo who I dropped today. I’m surprised he sent someone so soon.” Youngjae sighs before digging through his desk, he pulls out a roll of duct tape and uses it to cover the man’s eyes then binds his legs and hands together. “Alright, you can shift back. Hyosung will handle the rest.” When Jongup didn’t change back, Youngjae gave him the look. “Remember rule 1.” Jongup huffs but gets off the man and shifts back then joins Junhong on the bed while Youngjae tells Hyosung to come deal with the man. She has her men take the man for more questioning and bids the ceo a good night.

“So what’s going to happen to Mr.Chu?” Jongup growls quietly.

“Hyosung will handle that as well.” Youngjae gently rubs Jongup behind his ears. The hybrid holds his owner as close as possible before falling asleep. Junhong was already passed out by the time Youngjae reaches out to pet the younger one last time before falling asleep himself. Hyosung and her workers had Mr.Chu behind bars two week after the attack. To say Jongup was impressed was an understatement.

 

 

(A/N): Lmao, I know I said I was going to finish this fic soon and instead of saying that I mean it this time I'm just going to say the next chapter will be out sometime between tomorrow or in two weeks. Seeing as the past few updates have been two weeks apart. 
I'm going to blame fortnite and laziness as to why this is taking so long to complete. Like I wrote half of this the day after I finished chapter 14 and didn't touch it until yesterday/today.