Time to shop til you drop or something like that.

Always read the fine print, when getting a cat.

Youngjae was sitting on the couch, scrolling through various social media apps, waiting for his hybrids to finish getting ready. Today they were finally going to go buy clothes and whatever else his hybrids wanted. Jongup plopped down right next to Youngjae and leaned against his owner, peering at the phone but he wasn’t really reading anything.

“Something has been bothering me since the whole papers thing.” Jongup spoke up.

“What’s up?” Youngjae asks, giving the hybrid his full attention.

“Where did you get the receipts?”

“Oh, Junhong came with one when I bought him so I printed it out, then I just told the people running the website that they gave me the wrong one and told them your information and they sent Junhong’s receipt except it had your info on it.” Youngjae answered with a shrug.

“They didn’t ask any questions?” Jongup had an adorably confused face and Youngjae couldn’t help but pinch his cheek.

“Lucky for us, they don’t have a solid system set up so they just do whatever someone asks to avoid confrontation.” It was the only good thing about shady websites, they will do almost anything to stay under the radar. Jongup accepted the answer and started to rub his cheek against his owner’s shoulder. This was another thing his hybrids liked to do, Youngjae read somewhere, that hybrids who are close to their owners will claim them by rubbing their scent on their owners. The ceo gentle patted Jongup’s shoulder but they were interrupted by Junhong jumping onto their laps also demanding attention. Youngjae laughed while he smooshed the younger hybrid’s cheeks and cooed at him. Jongup pouted when their own kissed the youngest’s forehead and harshly shoved Junhong’s legs off his lap, causing the younger to slide off the couch all together. Youngjae snorted but kissed Jongup’s forehead as well, then he told the older hybrid to apologize, which Jongup did, albeit unsincerely.

“Come on, let’s get this over with.” Youngjae prompts them to follow him to the car.

“Do you not like shopping?” Junhong asks innocently.

“It depends on the shopping, clothes shopping is a pain but at least it’s not me trying on clothes. It’s always a hassle changing into a bunch of clothes that I probably won't even buy.” Youngjae rambled as he got into the car. Jongup and Junhong get into the back since they always squabble if one of them sits in the front with Youngjae.

“So where are we going? Waltmarty, Tarjay, I personally like Oldie Naver.” Junhong asked as he bounced around in the back seat, Jongup didn’t know what any of these places were but he was excited.

“I don’t think I’ve ever been to a Waltmarty in my life.” Youngjae tried to think of a time he went but nothing came up. “We’re going to one of those prestigious rich people malls because it’s the only place with a hybrid shop, plus a bunch of other shops.” Youngjae explained and Junhong’s eyes went wide, he had always wanted to go to one of those fancy malls but he always felt out of place with his ratty sneakers and dirty clothes. He still had his ratty sneakers but at least his clothes were clean. Jongup still didn’t know what was going on but seeing the younger hybrid’s excitement made him even more excited. Youngjae chuckled at his hybrids’ joyful chatter and parked his car in the mall’s underground parking garage. Both hybrids jump out of the car and look around the large room full of cars. They follow Youngjae into a glass room that leads to the elevators before they step into one of the magic metal boxes, Youngjae looks at the map of the mall layout.

“How about we buy clothes first, then put the bags in the car, then eat lunch, and finally explore the mall for anything else.” Youngjae offered and the two hybrids nodded in agreement. This mall was five stories tall and had two large clothing stores on the ground floor that extended up to the second floor, the third and fourth floor were filled with various stores, the food court was on the top story and had an outdoor sitting area. Jongup and Junhong had to take a moment to just stare at everything, they looked like lost children on an alien planet. There was so much going on around them, people talking, kids running around, music playing in the background, about a million different smells, and so many shiny objects.

“You guys coming?” Youngjae asked when he looked behind him and noticed both his hybrids weren’t following him. That snapped the hybrids out of their trance and they quickly caught up to their owner. Junhong nudged Jongup when he spotted another hybrid following their owner, it was honestly weird seeing other hybrids walking around so freely since they’ve only seen them locked up in small cages their whole life.

“The men’s section is on the second floor so we need to go up the escalators, unless you want a dress or something.” Youngjae explained and both hybrids gave him an unamused look which caused Youngjae to put his hands up in surrender. “Hey, it’s not like I know what type of clothes you want to wear.” Youngjae defended himself and the trio went up the escalator. The ceo followed his hybrids around the store and noticed that neither hybrid knew a thing about fashion, they tried on all sorts of clothing and kept the stuff that was comfortable, it ranged from plain white tee shirts to graphic tees to even long sleeve plaid shirts. Youngjae also spotted a few dress shirts in the mix. Pants were another story, since these were made for humans there were no holes for the tail. Jongup was able to get by since his tail was short but Junhong’s bushy tail needed to be free so Youngjae told him they could get the pants tailored somewhere else once they were finished shopping. By the end of their shopping spree both hybrids had four bags each. They shoved the bags into the trunk of Youngjae’s car and went to the top floor to get lunch. It took everyone 15 minutes to decide on what they wanted to eat and another 5 to decide if they wanted to eat outside or inside, Youngjae won and they ate outside, the view wasn’t amazing but the “fresh” air was a nice break from the recycled mall air. Once they were done they threw their trash away and started exploring the mall starting on the third floor. They were walking around an electronics store when Youngjae suddenly put down the tablet he was examining and walked to the phone section, he bought two of the newest smartphone models and let the two hybrids pick out a case for their phones. The ceo had also bought a Ninten switcheroo along with the few games that were out for said system because why not, he had money to burn. That was when both hybrids noticed someone following them, at first they didn’t pay her any attention but after seeing her in the sixth shop they started to get apprehensive.

“Youngjae someone is following us.” Jongup whispers quietly to his owner.

“I know, don’t worry about it.” Youngjae answers him nonchalantly and continues to browse through the store.

“But-”

“She’s already being monitored by my bodyguards, she’s just a reporter waiting for me to up or something.” Youngjae explains and gives Jongup’s shoulder a light squeeze, he pats Junhong’s head and the two hybrids calm down but keep an eye on the stalker.

“Wait, your bodyguards are here?” Junhong asked with a tilt of his head.

“Mmmhmm, they follow me everywhere I go, but they’re better at hiding.” Youngjae gave him a wink and continued down the different aisles of technology goodness. The only store the reporter didn’t follow them into was the hybrid shop on the fourth floor. The shop was broken into five sections: the back had an adoption/hotel center on the left side and a grooming section on the right, the rest of the store was split into care products, accessories, and… Adult stuff.

“I didn’t know you could adopted hybrids here.” Youngjae mused out loud.

“Most hybrid stores have adoption centers since some people drop their hybrids off here and never come back.” A store clerk chimed in, surprising Youngjae. “Welcome to Paws&Feathers, my name is Jimin. Is there anything I can help you with?” The young worker smiled brightly and Youngjae just wanted to pinch his cute mochi cheeks.

“We were just looking around but thank you.” Youngjae smiled back. Jimin nodded and waved at the two hybrid behind Youngjae, they wave back awkwardly, causing Jimin to softly coo before walking away. The ceo lead them to the general care section first but they quickly wondered out since Youngjae already had all the hybrid necessities. The accessories ranged from hair clips to jewelry to collars.

“You guys don’t need collars right?” Youngjae asked. He knew most hybrids didn’t require collars but he usually saw dog hybrids and a few others sporting them so he wasn’t sure. If he recalled right Zico’s ferret hybrid, Minhyuk wore a collar while Kyung, the cat hybrid, didn’t. So maybe it was preference.

“You look lost, need any help?” Jimin asked when he poked his head around the corner, the other human nodded his head.

“I usually see dog hybrids wear collars but it’s not necessarily right?” Youngjae asked.

“In today’s day and age no, you’re not legally required to collar your pets but most people like to get collars depending on the animal. Dogs and cats usually have them since their animal counterpart usually wear them but some people will put collars on their hybrid for all sorts of reasons. There was this one man who loved to put collars on all his tigers since it made him feel like he was above and more powerful than his exotic hybrids.” Jimin rambled on, cringing when he retold one of the weird events he’s encountered. Youngjae nodded along then looked at his hybrids, Junhong was playing with a lacey purple collar, probably meant for cute female cats while Jongup appeared to be seriously considering getting a collar. Youngjae turned back to Jimin to give his hybrid more time to think.

“So you guys also groom here?” Youngjae asks.

“Yup, all staff here knows how to cut hair, trim fur, cut nails, etcetera but we do ask for customers to make an appointment beforehand.” Jimin chirped.

“That’s good to know, I think that one,” Youngjae points to Junhong. “Needs a haircut soon, he’s bumped into things when his bangs were down.” Both humans giggled, causing Junhong to put the collar back and wonder over.

“What’s so funny?” Junhong asks with a pout.

“Nothing, but you’re probably going to need a haircut soon.” Youngjae informed the younger, who agreed with him. Junhong was starting to get annoyed with his hair constantly getting into his eyes.

“I could cut it now if you like.” Jimin offered.

“I thought we needed an appointment?”

“Ehh, I have nothing better to do and the next appointment isn’t until tomorrow.” Jimin shrugged.

“Alright, thank you.” Youngjae gave the younger a slight bow and encouraged Junhong to follow the shop worker.

“How does this look?” Jongup’s question made his owner snap his head towards him. The hybrid finally settled on a simple black leather collar with gold metal accents that hung snug on his neck.

“It looks great!” Youngjae chirped. “Is that the one you want?” Jongup nodded his head vigorously. “Alright, put it in the basket. Do you want tags as well?” There was a minute of thinking before another nod and the two walked over to the tag engraving machine that was near the adoption/hotel center. Youngjae curiously looked over at the windows that had various hybrids on display while Jongup picked out the tags he wanted. The hybrid looked over to his owner and noticed where he was looking, with a slight pout, Jongup tugged on Youngjae’s sleeve before holding up the tags and jiggling them around. Youngjae focused back on the task at hand and started to input his information. This time it was Jongup who looked at the adoptable hybrids, they all looked bored but one of them caught his eye. Youngjae was taking the tags out when Jongup suddenly walked away from him.

“You!” Jongup walked up to one of the windows and tapped on the glass, causing the hybrid to jump and look at him with spooked eyes but the hybrid quickly recognized Jongup and shouted something as well.

“Is this your friend?” Youngjae asked when he caught up to the younger. Wait, Jongup didn’t have any friends, so that means this hybrid must be from the same place as Jongup and Junhong but how is that possible, Jongup killed everyone there and from the various documents Youngjae found on the bosses computer they didn’t sell any of their hybrids yet, he was the first one to contact them. The ceo suddenly remembered that there were 3 escapees including Junhong, could this be one of them? Youngjae’s thought process was cut short when Junhong abruptly hugged him.

“What do you think?” Junhong asks not noticing the hybrid behind the glass.

“It looks amazing and you look so cute.” Youngjae giggled as he ran his hand through the hybrid’s hair. Jongup let out a strange noise and Junhong finally noticed the hybrid on the other side of the glass.

“Oh it’s you!” Junhong yelled out and pointed at the hybrid.

“Umm is everything okay?” Jimin asked with a pale face. All three hybrids looked at Youngjae and he just nodded.

“Yeah, I would like to meet this hybrid. What’s his name?” Youngjae asked politely.

“O-oh, that’s Jungkook… We have a room in the back, I’ll bring him out.” Jimin mumbled and lead the trio to the back room. Youngjae didn’t know why Jimin seemed so hesitant to bring out Jungkook but whatever it was shouldn’t be a problem since it seemed Jungkook also wanted to meet them. Jungkook walked into the room with Jimin following close behind, the hybrid was obviously a bunny hybrid with those long floppy ears but Youngjae wondered what else he was mixed with. Jungkook took a seat in front of the trio while Jimin lingered around behind him.

“It’s okay Jimin, come sit down, this isn’t an adoption thing it’s a you know thing.” Jungkook patted the seat next to him and Jimin sat down after he received a nod from Youngjae.

“So he knows everything about your past?” Youngjae asks and Jungkook nods.

“How are you still alive?” Jongup asked.

“I get cuddles from Jimin.” Jungkook announced proudly.

“Is he your owner? Why are you up for adoption then?” Junhong asks.

“Jimin refuses to adopted me.” Jungkook pouted.

“That’s not true! I can’t afford you!” Jimin hisses.

“Why can’t you just say you bought me?” Jungkook asks.

“Because the company will know when the money doesn’t come in and I’ll be in big trouble.” Jimin pinches the bridge of his nose. “I just need ten more years and I’ll have enough as long as nothing happens to me financially.” Jimin explains.

“But I can’t keep scaring off customers, two more strikes and I’ll be put down.” Jungkook whined.

“I-I know, I’m trying my hardest but if worse comes to worse we can break you out or something.” Jimin was chewing on his lip. The trio just watched the drama playout, man they should have brought some popcorn, this was like a real life kdrama.

“I can buy him for you.” Youngjae offered.

“I can’t accept that, Jungkook is almost over 3 million!” Jimin exclaims.

“Fine, then I’ll just buy him for myself, hope you like living in a mansion, Jungkook.” Youngjae said and Jimin tried to come up with something to say but the cold look on Youngjae’s face had him leaving the room to get the paperwork. Jimin walks back into the room and keeps himself from crying when he sees Jungkook happily cuddling into Junhong’s side and chatting with Jongup. He hands Youngjae all the papers he needs to fill out and the ceo just hands him his black card and shopping basket then shoos the shop worker away. Jimin bags all the items and scans Jungkook’s purcise sticker, he hopes the card will be rejected but sadly it beeps in acceptance. Youngjae walks up to the counter and hands all the paperwork over while Jongup grabs the bag off the counter. Jimin is too focused on forcing his tears in that he doesn’t notice the trio leaving the store until the bell chimes. Jimin looks up, surprised to only see Jungkook standing there with a smug smile.

“W-wha.” Jimin’s brain can’t comprehend what’s happening.

“Happy birthday!” Jungkook yells out and Jimin is even more confused, his birthday isn’t until a few months. He quickly looks through the papers and reads the note on the bottom of one of the forms.

This bunny hybrid, Jeon Jungkook, is a gift to Park Jimin, from Yoo Youngjae. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

The note was signed by Youngjae and Jimin didn’t know what was happening until Jungkook hopped over the counter and brushed his owner’s tears away with his thumbs.

“I hope those are happy tears.” The younger whispered before bending down to gently kiss Jimin on the lips.

“I can’t believe that worked.” Jongup said as the walked back to the car.

“We should visit them sometime.” Junhong offered and Youngjae just hummed in agreement. Youngjae placed the bags into the trunk and slammed it closed when he felt eyes on his back, was it the reporter? He turned around and spotted a man approaching them, both hybrids noticed him to and tensed up. The man was holding a gun up and stopped a few feet away from them.

“Seems like the bird was right, you are here.” The man claimed in a deep voice. Youngjae rolled his eyes, of course the reporter would out his location to the world.

“I’m tired, so hurry up and tell me what you want.” Youngjae sighed when the man yelled at him to shut up. Why did robbers have to have such a power , things would go so much faster if they just made their demands and left. The ceo noticed both hybrids growling lowly and were puffing up like cats about to fight, this wasn’t good. Youngjae quickly made a hand signal, telling his bodyguards to hurry up and take this dude out. Soon enough the man had a gun digging into his back and he quickly surrendered. Youngjae spent a few minutes calming his hybrids before he practically forced them into the car.

“The man was just a lowly thug, in desperate need for money.” Youngjae’s head bodyguard, Hyosung. “We’ve already tipped him off to the police who should arrive to pick him up soon.” She continued.

“Thank you.” Youngjae said sincerely, Hyosung and her team have been keeping him safe these past few years and he’s grown close to them.

“So when do we get to meet your cuties?” She asked in a teasing tone.

“I plan on throwing a nice meet and greet once they settle down completely.” Youngjae promised. They chatted for a few more mintues before Jongup poked his head out. Hyosung waved to the hybrid before hugging Youngjae goodbye. The ceo got into the car and his hybrids demanded answers.

“Who was that?”

“What took you so long?”

“I’m hungry.” okay this one wasn’t a question but it was just as important.

“That was Hyosung, she’s my head bodyguard and friend, we were catching up since I’ve been busy with you two, and Daehyun just texted me that dinner will be done in 20 minutes so we have to hurry home.” Youngjae answered as he started up the car.

“What happened to the man?” Jongup asks.

“He’s being turned over to the police so we don’t have to worry about him.” Youngjae answers as he drives out of the parking garage. The rest of the ride is filled with small talk until they get home. Youngjae makes a quick phone call to a tailor so they can fix Junhong’s pants while the two hybrids carry the bags inside and drop them off in Youngjae’s room to be put away later. Why did Youngjae even bother getting his hybrids their own rooms. The trio sit down at the table with Daehyun and they talk about their days. Junhong and Jongup excitedly tell the older human about the mall and Daehyun tells them about the songs he’s recording with Yongguk while Youngjae is content with just listening to everybody talk.

 

 

(A/N): Oh god, how did this chapter become so long? I think this is going to be the longest chapter in this story (I aim for 1000 words per chapter so it doesn't take me forever to update.)
But on the bright side I finally have a vague plan on where I'm going a.k.a I have one sentence ideas for a few chapters that sort of make sense... Yay?