onbuisfoni. I don’t know what to title this chapter. Impulse buying is bad? Idk.

Always read the fine print, when getting a cat.

Youngjae was leaning back in his chair waiting for his match to connect. He was playing Overwatch to block out Daehyun’s paniked scrambling. The younger always had a soft spot for video games, they were his escape from the stress real life. Daehyun burst into Youngjae’s room and forcibly turned his chair around..

“Do I still look good?” Daehyun asked. The younger gave him a once over before standing up to fix the older’s hair.

“You look great, since I picked the outfit.” Youngjae smirked and Daehyun rolled his eyes but he calmed down. The ceo pulled his hands away from the hair and looked it over before making a noise of approval. “And now you’re perfect, your welcome.”

“Thanks.” Daehyun snorts but his eyes soften. “No, really thanks.” They hug and Youngjae pulls back to push the older towards the door.

“Not that I don’t enjoy our sentimental moment but you’re going to be late if we keep hugging.” Youngjae almost fell forward when Daehyun suddenly started running towards the door.

“Oh my god I’m going to be late!” Daehyun yelled at the top of his lungs, he screamed all the way out the door.

“What a loser.” Youngjae rolled his eyes fondly. He walked back to his computer and noticed that he was on the character select screen. “Oh !” He quickly looked at the team comp and picked whatever hero fitted them best. Lucky for him and his team the actual game hadn’t started. To no one’s surprise Youngjae’s team won, it was a walk in the park, he thought. Closing out of the game, Youngjae thought now was a good time to start looking at hybrids, but where to start… Does one just google it? The ceo jumped when his phone buzzed and computer pinged with a house alert, someone was at the door. With a single left click, Youngjae had the front gate camera pulled up, it was Himchan of all people. He pressed the accept option and the gate opened. The younger hopped down the stairs and opened the front door.

“I don’t see why you have a gate inside a gated community.” Himchan huffed. “Also those guards are a bunch of s.” Himchan continued to complain on his way to the kitchen.

“I have that gate to stop other obnoxious rich people from coming to my house under the guise of a ‘neighborly act’ of kindness and the guards are paid to be s. I could get you a special guest id if you want.” Youngjae stated as he poured the older and himself a glass of chocolate milk in a fancy wine glass, Himchan raised his eyebrow at him but didn’t question it.

“They have ids for guests? Why didn’t you tell me, better yet why haven’t you given me one already?” Himchan huffed.

“You never asked, also you rarely come over.” Youngjae defended himself, leading both of them back to his room. “Why did you come over anyways? You never show up unannounced.”

“Well, since Yongguk is busy with your friend I thought I would come keep you company, aren’t I the nicest.” Himchan batted his eyes at the younger.

“Whatever.” Youngjae rolled his eyes and sat back down at his computer.

“Sooo, whatcha doing?”  Himchan asked as he dragged another chair to the desk.

“Hopefully shopping.” Youngjae shrugged, staring at the empty search bar. What to type, what to type.

“Ohhhh fun, what are we buying?” Himchan chorused, he was always down to shop.

“A hybrid, more specifically a cat hybrid.” Youngjae clarified.

“Not something more exotic?” The older asked, normally people went for the most rare or exotic before settling with whatever they can find or something more affordable.

“Nah, I like cats, plus cat hybrids do fine being left alone while their owners are away.” Youngjae explained.

“You could always get two or you know hire a babysitter or something…” Himchan mused out loud, the younger could definitely afford anything so why not go all out. Yoo Youngjae used to be a complete mystery to Himchan, instead of the snobby rich kid attitude the older was used to dealing with, the younger was much more down to earth. Youngjae knew he could buy everything his heart desired but that was the thing, the ceo didn’t want large and luxurious he wanted cozy and logical. Take his house for instance, every single ‘house’ here was either a mini castle or mansion. Mr.Yoo bought his son the largest empty area on top of a secluded hill and told Youngjae to design his future dream house. It was going to be one of his college graduation presents. The younger could have easily built the largest mansion in the community and everyone expected him too, but he didn’t. First Youngjae had them build a pretty stone wall fence around the area, then in the center a modest 5 bedroom, two story house was built and the unused land was turned into a beautiful garden, highlighted by the pool in the back. To say people were shocked was an understatement. When Himchan has asked, Youngjae simply stated that it wouldn’t make sense to own a mansion if only a handful of people were going to live in it. The older had later learned that Youngjae hated his old home, it was cold and empty with no signs of life.

“I could get two… but it would have to depend on the situation.” Youngjae mulled it over some more in his head.

“And what situation would that be?” Himchan hummed.

“I dunno, something like ‘oh, these two don’t like to be seperated’ or whatever.” Youngjae still hadn’t typed anything into the search bar. The older rolled his eyes and pulled the keyboard towards himself, he typed in ‘hybrids for sale.’ and a bunch of links popped up.

“Should we start at the top and work our way down?” Himchan offered. Youngjae nodded and clicked on the first link, it was honestly the most sketchiest thing he’s ever seen. Neither man said anything as Youngjae closed the tab without any hesitation. This continued for a while, opening tabs, looking around, closing the tab because nothing caught his eye. They were scrolling through a shady craigslist style website when Youngjae spotted the most cutest being in the universe, the hybrid had soft pink hair spilling out from under a beanie and the most innocent looking eyes paired with a charming smile that stole the ceo’s heart in an instant. Without any hesitation he bought the hybrid before Himchan could even realized what the younger did.

“Did you really just buy a hybrid from this shady as website?” The older face palmed.

“I couldn’t help myself, he was so cute!” Youngjae pouted, going back to the info page, the status was updated to ‘sold.’ “And look here it even says cat.” Youngjae pointed at the screen.

“But is he even a cat? The ears are covered and I don’t see a tail anywhere, for all we know, you just bought a human.” Himchan groaned. “You just fell for a scam and here I thought you were supposed to be internet savvy.”

“Whatever, it’s no big deal, he wasn’t that expensive.” Youngjae pouted. That was the most snub nosed brat thing Himchan as ever heard from the younger.

“Of course a few hundred mil isn’t a lot to you.” Himchan sneared.

“he was only five hundred.” Youngjae rolled his eyes.

“Five hundo mil is a lot of money for most people.” Himchan nagged.

“Zelo, wasn’t five hundred million, he was five hundred dollars.” Youngjae chided.

“Oh… Sorry.” Himchan chuckled embarrassingly. “Still doesn’t make up for the fact you bought a scam.”

“Can I say I was doing it to be nice? You know, like I just wanted to help a random stranger on the internet.” Youngjae smiled innocently at the older but Himchan shot him down. “Whatever, let’s keep looking then.” Youngjae closed the tab and focused on finding a legit hybrid seller. Ten pages later and they finally found an official hybrid company that was selling a cat hybrid that caught Youngjae’s eye. Her name was Minseo, she had bright golden eyes and short grey-blue bobbed hair, apparently she was a russian blue. The company allowed pick ups so Youngjae set up an appointment to visit the establishment, he wanted to actually talk to the lovely hybrid before purchasing her.

“Well, that wasn’t so hard.” Himchan said as he stood up to stretch.

“But it was time consuming.” Youngjae leaned back in his chair.

“Holy , it’s already 5 p.m.” Himchan gasped. “I’m supposed to meet Jisoo at 5:30, I’ll see you later, tell me how everything works out!” The older yelled as he ran out the door. Youngjae snickered when he heard the front door slam shut. He turned around to look at the computer screen again, the picture of Minseo was still up and the ceo smiled gently, she was adorable. He closed the web browser and got up, he was hungry and thirsty so that only meant one thing; lunch… Even though it was way past lunchtime, so maybe snack time was a better word for it, but it seems that the heavens were smiling upon the younger. Right as Youngjae entered the kitchen, Daehyun came home, yelling something about take out. They sat down at the table and began eating, Youngjae was trying to figure out if Daehyun got the part or not but the older was completely neutral.

“Sooooo.” Youngjae dragged out and Daehyun just raised an eyebrow at him. “How’d the thingy go?” Daehyun sighed sadly and Youngjae was ready to comfort his friend.

“I got the part.” Daehyun’s face was suddenly smirking, Youngjae’s brain caught on to what just happened and he pouted that the older.

“You jerk, I actually felt bad for you.” The younger’s pout quickly turned into a smiled. “I’m glad you got the part.”

“It’s all thanks to you.” Daehyun grinned.

“I know, I’m the best.” Youngjae tutted, while the older rolled his eyes.

“So how was hybrid hunting?” Daehyun changed topics.

“I’m going to meet one tomorrow.” Youngjae beamed, they chatted about tomorrow’s plans and what not. The young ceo was so excited for the next day, he could barely get a wink of sleep.

 

(A/N): OHHH, the hybrids are finally coming my dudes!