A whole new world. A dazzling place I never knew. But when I'm way up here It's crystal clear. That now I'm in a whole new world with you

Always read the fine print, when getting a cat.

Junhong wakes up to Youngjae already getting ready for work. Before, the younger hybrid would try and convince his owner to stay but now he was content with letting Youngjae leave. Jongup on the other hand was still sleeping soundly but his ears twitched occasionally, it was pretty cute. Junhong follows his owner to the kitchen where Daehyun is just about down with making breakfast. Jongup finally joins them when the stove is turned off and food is being plated. The older hybrid blinks sleepily at the plate placed in front of him before picking up his fork and starts shoveling food into his mouth. Youngjae kisses both hybrids on the cheek before leaving for work. Daehyun waves goodbye and follows the ceo out the front door. Junhong finishes breakfast before Jongup so he cleans up his dishes and hops to the living room to watch t.v. The older hybrid soon joins him on the couch and they channel surf for a solid hour before stopping because nothing interesting was on.

“Hey Jongup, do you want to go outside?” The younger hybrid asked boredly.

“There’s nothing much to do out there unless you want to swim or smell the flowers.” Jongup stated without looking up from his game.

“We could leave the neighborhood, it’s not like there’s a rule against it.” Junhong countered.

“Where would we even go?” Jongup asked, finally giving the younger his attention. He’s never really explored anywhere past the walls so his curiosity was starting to get the better of him.

“That’s the great thing about exploring, we could go anywhere!” Junhong yelled as he jumped up and spread his arms out wide. After that they didn't waste anytime and left the house but instead of going through the front gate they jumped over brick walls until they were out of the neighborhood. At first Jongup followed Junhong’s lead but soon started leading the younger when he realized that Junhong was going where the wind took him. Something had caught Jongup’s nose so he  followed the smell until they were standing in front of a small shop selling what looked like fresh bread.

“That smells delicious, we should get some.” Junhong chirped after he took a giant whiff.

“But we don’t have any money?” Jongup frowned.

“I have that wallet Youngjae gave me! It has a black card in it and I think we can use that to buy stuff.” Junhong explained excitedly.

“I forgot mine, so pay for me.” Jongup did his best puppy eyes.

“Fine, but next time you’re playing.” Junhong pouted and Jongup nodded. They went inside and ignored the stares they received.

“Is it really that weird to see hybrids?” Jongup whispered to the younger, who shrugged slightly.

“Most people only see them on those rich people magazines so seeing one in real life must be like seeing a double rainbow.” The younger whispered back. His ears twitched when he heard a camera shutter, he looked over his shoulder and spotted a group of teenage girls with their cameras out. Junhong’s first thought was to ignore them but instead of doing that, he threw up a peace sign at them. The girls coo at him before snapping a few more pictures.

“Maybe we should have worn hats.” Jongup says when Junhong turns back to him.

“What about my tail?”

“We could cut it off.” Jongup said with a straight face before snickering when the younger held his tail defensively. “I’m just kidding calm down, it’s almost out turn.” True to his word, they were next in line, when they walked up to the counter the lady behind it gave them an apprehensive look.

“Will you be paying with cash or card.” She asked when they finished picking out the baked goods they wanted.

“Card, please.” Junhong held the black card up and the lady gasped softly before pointing to the pin pad. “Do I need to swipe it? Sorry this is my first time using this.” Junhong smiled sheepishly. They lady asked to see the card and quickly showed him how to use the microchip on the side of the card. Both hybrids watched in amazement as the machine beeped after Junhong typed in his pin. He pulled out the card and looked at the lady, she said that that was all there was to it. Jongup carries their bag out while Junhong puts his card away.

“I didn’t know it was that easy to buy stuff.” Jongup said when they left the shop.

“Same here. I wonder what else we could buy with this card.” Junhong muses out loud.

“We probably shouldn’t go crazy with buying stuff, we don’t know how much we can spend.” Jongup says slightly concerned by the younger’s sparkling eyes. They walk around the various shops lining the streets and parking lots. They finally decide to go home when the sun starts to creep towards the golden hour. They turn into an alleyway to take a short cut but both hybrids ears perk up when they hear footsteps approach them from behind. They spot five men walking towards them with smug smirks. Junhong rolled his eyes and Jongup glared unamused when the men stopped a few feet away from them.

“Well, well, well, what do we have here boys?” The man, who Junhong assumed was the leader, said with fake curiosity.

“Looks like a couple lost hybrids to me, boss.” The man on the boss’ right answered smuggly.

“I wonder how much they could rake in.” The man on the left whistled lightly.

“Probably a small fortune, maybe even more.” Another man spoke up.

The boss looked away from his men and focused back on the hybrids in front of him. “It looks like you cuties have two options, come with us peacefully or we’ll drag your asses with us.” He said as he pulled a knife out. Junhong snorted at him and Jongup yawned boredly, this made the boss angry. He ordered his crew to grab the hybrids but when they reached out to grab said hybrids, they were met with lightning quick punches. The boss takes a few steps back in shock as he watches his crew fall to the ground like dead bodies. Jongup smirks and walks menacingly towards the boss, who backs up until he trips over air and falls on his .

“S-stay back.” He holds his knife out and tries to slash at the approaching hybrid but his wrist is easily caught. Jongup crouches down so he’s eye level with the man.

“Let this be a lesson for you-” Jongup says with a smug tone before twisting the man’s wrist, “Don’t with hybrids.” The man is begging for the hybrid to stop but Jongup ignores him until he hears a loud crack and the man’s screams of bloody murder. Jongup stands up and dusts off his pants while the man cradles his broken wrist on the ground. Junhong gave the older a look when they left the alleyway.

“What?” Jongup asks.

“Don’t you think that was a little much?” Junhong answers back with his own question.

“I dunno, I was just doing what that one detective did in that movie.” Jongup answers sheepishly. “I looked pretty cool right?”

Junhong gave it some thought. “Yeah, you did look like one of those movie protags.” This lead to them repeating random movies quotes until they returned home to Youngjae arguing with someone on the phone. When their owner noticed them, he quickly said goodbye and hung up, turning his attention to his hybrids.

“Welcome home, how was your time outside? Did you eat?” Youngjae quickly drags his hybrids to the living room so they could talk about their day.

“It was a lot of fun! We looked at a bunch of shops and ate so much bread for lunch but I’m hungry for dinner still.” Junhong chirped.

“We were also attacked by some lowly thugs but we kicked their asses. I broke someone’s wrist!” Jongup gushed happily. Youngjae nodded along, but paused when he registered what the older hybrid said.

“You guys didn’t kill anyone, right? I mean you shouldn’t get into fights in general but I know sometimes it’s unavoidable. Also please try to not break bones.” Youngjae said in a panicked tone.

“Reeelax, they were all still breathing when we left.” Junhong pulled his owner into his lap and cuddle him close, smooshing their cheeks together. Jongup joined in on the cuddles when he felt left out.

“Speaking of fights, what were you fighting about?” Jongup asks when he finally finds a comfortable spot pressed up against Junhong’s side.

Youngjae groans and tries to smother his face in Junhong’s neck. “I have to go to a business party, I tried to get out of it but I already skipped one last week so I have to go this time.”

“Can I come?” Junhong asks and Jongup chirps a ‘me too.’

“I’m not sure you guys are ready for that sort of suffering. It’s the most boring thing in the world.” Youngjae can already feel the migraine coming.

“But if we come, it’ll be less boring.” Junhong offers sweetly.

“Alright but I warned you.” Youngjae says before quickly adding. “You have to be on your best behavior too.” The ceo hears his hybrids let out a cheer and he’s already starting to regret letting them tag along.