They’re basically fully grown, they can look after themselves… right?

Always read the fine print, when getting a cat.

Youngjae didn’t know leaving his hybrids could be so hard, he swivelled around in his fancy bossman chair to ease his mind but he would always find himself thinking about Jongup and Junhong. What are they doing? Did they eat? Are they okay? Are they bored? Do they miss him as much as he misses them? Youngjae picked his phone up for the millionth time, there were no new messages so he placed it down again. The ceo let out a frustrated sigh before slapping both of his cheeks, it was time to focus. Youngjae shakes his mouse until the monitor wakes up, first things first he checks his emails. He looks through the various progress reports, nodding to himself as he goes over the information. The medical branch was close to finishing their research on an experimental drug and the results were very positive. The cosmetics branch were about to release a new line of matching perfume and cologne for couples. The electronics branch just started advertising the newest phone model and all the other branches were also doing well. The only concerning issue was that a “rival” company, PeachPear Inc, also released a new phone model but there wasn’t much he could do about that, he understood that people were loyal to their brands… That didn’t mean he didn’t have a plan to make people switch sides.

Step one: Give people time to make reviews of the Matoki XU. *This usually brings in people who are either sick of their brand or are new to the phone scene.

Step Two: Film a few commercials with popular celebrities. *preferably ones who promoted PeachPear’s older models.

Step Three: Lower the price of the phone and set up a family bundle deal. *Who doesn’t like saving money?

Step Four: Let the Matoki XU speak for itself, it obviously is far superior. *Tests on the Melon HR shows that it can’t handle being dropped on a hard surface. Nobody likes a cracked phone.

It wasn’t a super advance plan but not everything had to be a 100 step plan with a million bullets points explaining each step in great detail. Youngjae had learned a long time ago that sometimes simple is better. He sent the rough draft of his plan to his secretary so she could look over it before sending it to the bored for their opinion. The ceo glanced over a few collaboration proposals and snorted at a few offers to merge companies, all of them using fancy words to try and distract him from their one sided deals. Youngjae opened up a word document file and copied the premade response email. It was basically a big middle finger disguised as a flowery sophisticated rejection letter. The ceo was responding to a business partner’s email when Himchan walked into his office, without knocking, but then again when was the last time Himchan ever knocked.

“Hey, it’s passed noon and Jieun said you haven’t eaten yet. Let’s get some food.” Himchan says as he pulls Youngjae out of his chair. The ceo rolled his eyes but allowed the older to drag him out of the office and eventually the building. “I found this new place I wanted to try, it’s a fancy italian place.” Youngjae just grunts in acknowledgement and checks his phone, still nothing. Himchan raises his eyebrow at the younger. “Something the matter?” He asks with a concern tone.

“I’m just being paranoid, I guess…” Youngjae squints at his screen but then turns it off before checking it again.

“Why? Did you get another death threat or something?” Himchan asks boredly causing Youngjae to snort.

“I wish.” The ceo sighs before continuing. “Today is the first time I left my hybrids home alone. I know they’re probably fine but I’m still worried...” Youngjae trails off.

“Oh! I almost forgot you bought two hybrids. I honestly surprised that Junhong wasn’t a scam.” Himchan vaguely recalled the day they spent looking at hybrids and Youngjae’s impulse buy. “What happened to Minseo? Did you not like her?” When Himchan saw the first news articles come out, he was expecting to see the ceo with a pretty female cat hybrid but instead the pictures were of Youngjae with two male hybrids walking around a shopping mall. The question had caught Youngjae off guard, he hadn’t about about the cat hybrid since Daehyun mentioned her when he brought Jongup and Junhong home.

“Uhhh something like that.” Youngjae quickly looked around to find something to change the conversation. “Is this the place?” Youngjae asks when Himchan turns into a parking lot in front of a building.

“Yup, I can already smell the food.” Himchan said in a dreamy voice, he parked close to the front door and the two of them walked inside. They were quickly lead to a table and the waitress took their drink orders before leaving them to look over the menu. They talk about work while reading about the various italian dishes being offered. Youngjae goes over a few upcoming plans and Himchan shares all the office gossip he’s heard today. The older waves the waitress over when they’re ready to order, she walks off with the order and Himchan coyly smiles at the younger. “Sooooo…” Youngjae raises an eyebrow at him. “Tell me about your hybrids!” Himchan nearly squeals like a highschool girl asking her friend about her crush.

“Wellll, Junhong, the tall one, is a fox hybrid. Jongup, the short one, is a dog hybrid.” At least that was what he put on their papers. “They’re both kinda shy when it comes to strangers but they warmed up pretty quick to Daehyun. They have a lot of energy and like to dance.” Youngjae still remembers when he introduced them to his various music players. He also remembers when he walked in on Junhong grinding on the floor… Those were some good memories. “Jongup really likes pocketmonz and he’s attached to everything he has caught. Junhong isn’t a hardcore gamer but he likes to play with us.” Youngjae thinks about what else he could say. “Ummm, they can both cook as well.” Himchan nods before smirking.

“How are they in bed?” Himchan wiggles his eyebrows and Youngjae nearly knocks the table over.

“Excuse me! I’ll have you know we haven’t done anything like that and if we did it wouldn’t be any of your business.” Youngjae huffed and crossed his arms while Himchan snickered at his rosey cheeks.

“So I assume they’re living in your spare rooms?” Himchan asks genuinely innocently, causing Youngjae to blush even more.

“No.” Youngjae mumbles.

“What was that?” Himchan is smirking again.

“No… They sleep in my bed.” Youngjae says a little louder. Lucky for the younger, the waitress comes to their table with the food. The two men thank her before digging in.

“I still can’t believe they sleep with you. You sure move fast.” Himchan says in a teasing voice.

“Says Mr.I date my one night stand.” Youngjae retorts. “Plus they were the ones who refused to sleep in their own rooms. It’s a hybrid thing I think? They like to cuddle.” Youngjae explains.

“Huh, that’s oddly cute.” Himchan shrugged, not really knowing what to say. They somehow changed topics to the weather of all things and the rest of lunch was passed with random topics like trees, dogs, winnie the foo, and old clothes they had to throw out, because they didn’t fit anymore. Soon Youngjae found himself being dropped off at his house and he excitedly walked up the pathway to his front door. He entered the house and gasped at the sight of the apparent remnants of the hurricane that flown through. Youngjae called out his hybrids names but he was only met with silence. Did something happen to them? The human looked in all the rooms until he reached his own, he quickly opened the door and once again gasped. Jongup and Junhong were passed out on the bed, tangled limbs and all. Youngjae whipped out his phone and snagged a few pictures of them cuddling then a truly evil idea popped into his head. Youngjae took a few steps back before running and jumping onto the bed, right on top of his hybrids. Jongup looked ready to fight while Junhong looked like a grumpy kitten but both hybrids quickly became happy when they noticed it was Youngjae on top of them.

“You guys made a huge mess and the maids won’t be over until the weekend so you have to clean it all up yourselves.” Youngjae chirps, causing both hybrids to groan. A few hours later, Daehyun came home to both hybrids cleaning up the house with sour looks and Youngjae singing in the kitchen while cooking dinner. What he didn’t see was the new rule added to the house rule sheet.

  1. No fighting in the house. *Unless it’s an intruder. *No killing the intruder, unless necessary.