MR - 10

Manoban's Revenge / Jenlisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning Lisa lazily went down to their kitchen. She didn't sleep well, she was still thinking about Nini and why Jennie said that Jisoo gave that to her. 

She saw how her father was not on her usual self while preparing for their breakfast. "Are you alright, appa?" Her father just nods lightly. Lisa was a bit worried since her father always greeted her with a smile, every morning. 

She observes her father while preparing for her breakfast, her father keeps on breathing deeply while holding his chest. "What's wrong, appa?" 

"Nothing, honey. I've been having a hard times breathing these past few days." He said that makes her daughter more worried for him. Lisa blames herself for not looking out for her father well. 

"Have you go and see a doctor?" Her father shakes her head. With that Lisa decided not to go to school for today and be with her father instead. She knows her father needed her for today. "Then after we eat, let's go and see one" 

Lisa never went to the hospital after her mother passed away. She hates the smell of it and memories keeps hunting her. She hates when she remembers how her mother lying in the hospital bed, and not breathing anymore. 

"Honey, you have school. I have work, I'll go next time" Her father assured her with a smile on his face. But Lisa insists, her father was her only family so she needs to take care of her. 

"Don't be hard-headed, appa! I don't want to lose you too" She was about to cry when her father cupped her face. 

"You won't lose me, honey. We will always be with you, in your heart" Instead of smiling Lisa cries with her father's words. "Don't say that as if you're leaving me?" She said while sobbing. 

"I'm just saying all the possibility honey. Your appa is growing old as you grow up. So when the time comes where I and your mom reunite, be a strong girl" Lisa continue sobbing while her father wiping away her tears. 

"Eat up your breakfast, honey. We'll go see a doctor as you wish" Her father tries to make Lisa smile. Not like their usual day, she ate her father's dish, even if it has lots of carbs. 

"You never tell me your dream, honey. What do you want in the future?" Lisa was shocked by her father's question. But he was right, she has never had the chance to tell her father her dreams. She was so focused on planning to get revenge on Jennie. She was not sure if she wants in the future before. But now she was so sure that aside from dancing, she wanted to cook for Jennie. 

"Appa, why do you choose to be a chef?" She asked when the traffic light turns red and she has to stop. She was the designated driver, she wants to drive for her dad. She's afraid something might happen. 

"Hmm... I want to make food for your mom. But as I get famous around the world, I forgot my main goal and left you and mom alone. I'm sorry, honey." He said in a sad tone. Lisa remembers that her father works abroad to be more successful and left her and her mom. But she never hated her father, her mother always reminds her that her father is doing it for the both of them. "Do you hate me for leaving you?" 

Lisa shakes her head and smile without looking at her dad. She keeps her eyes on the road. "Ani, Mom said that if you love a person, you keep on supporting them on what they want. I and Mom love you so much and we will keep on supporting you, appa" Lisa didn't notice that a tear escape from her father's eye. Hearing her daughter say those words, made his heart melt. 

Her father notices the fear in Lisa's eye when they step on the hospital. He knows she was traumatized when her mother passed away in the hospital. Her father squeezes her hands to assure her that her father was there and not to be afraid of. 

"Since when did you start this feeling of having a hard time in breathing, Mr Manoban," The doctor asked her father after running some test on him. 

"About a month ago?" Her father said. The doctor shakes her head that made Lisa more worried. "As we see the result, you have a weak heart. But we're still finding out what really is your disease. As of now we'll give you medicine for pain and please rest. And also be back next week, for your next check-up" 

×

"Appa, your doctor ordered you to take a rest. So don't go to work now!" Lisa insists to her father who was about to go to his work. "Our resto would be fine. Don't worry too much!" Her father cannot do anything, he said scratches his head. And went back to his room to get some rest. 

Lisa finally sits on their sofa when her father agreed with her. It was almost sunset, her classes are about to end, also for Jisoo. She plans to talk to her when the classes are over on the same place where Lisa and Jennie used to play. She feels her phone vibrates and got a message from Jisoo. 

The classes ended. I'll be on my way

When she reads the message she stands up and rides her car. But someone from their gate was blocking her way, it was Rosé. So Lisa leaves her car and approach Rosé with a smile. "What are you doing here?" She asks nicely. 

"I need your help, I'm arranging my room and I need a hand to help?" Lisa looks at her watch, Jisoo might be there any minutes now. "It will be quick! I promise!" Lisa knows that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter