Stand by me

Twisted Love

"Jinyoung! Leave him. He making a scene out of a very simple thing. Its just about 9 marks and 2 ranks. You are still in A+ grade, don’t even bother about him. I will…", Nichkhun tried to console Jinyoung by putting his hand on the other.

"Its not about the Marks anymore hyung. Its…. doing SPL and ASPL duties are the only reason we were able to talk with each other. Now that I am not one of them, we wont be able to talk for this whole semester." Jinyoung said while tears were dripping out of his eyes and left the room running.

"What! Jinyoung.. Wait", Nichkhun tried to run behind him, but Jackson stopped him. He turned to the younger and asked, "What is Jinyoung talking about?"

"Mark and Jinyoung cannot stand even a day without seeing and talking to each other. They had a big fight long ago, which Jinyoung was not ready to resolve, so they are fighting everyday to just have the pleasure of talking with each other.", Jackson said. And ran behind Jinyoung leaving the best friends to have their time.

Taecyeon took Nichkhun to their drinking room and poured some wine for the other.

"Why did you pull me my hand there? I should have taught Mark a good lesson.", Nichkhun was shouting at his best friend for dragging him from the spot where Mark and Jinyoung fought.

"Yeah go hit him. You know what will happen next?", Taecyeon paused for a sec and told, "Jinyoung will break up with you and you are welcome."

That startled Nichkhun. "Come again! What's with these two guys. Why everyone is seeing something that I am not able to see?"

"As I told you before you came in middle and you are still not able to understand what's with their feelings." Taecyeon.

"Yes, clearly they are fighting all the time. Though Mark helped Jinyoung in past, that’s not helping now Taec", Nichkhun said.

"You are insane. Okay so think about this scenario. You ditched my sister, and I got angry on you and we both fought once because of that. So will that stop either of us from caring?",

"No! That’s not right. We will fight today and tomorrow we will talk. We are friends after all. And I will care for you always and will expect the same from you", Nichkhun answered.

"Exactly, it’s the same with them. Actually its two times, no 10 times more than that when it comes to Jinyoung and Mark. They did fight about something, and they are showing that in every moment of them, but that never stopped them from caring for each other." Taecyeon explained.

"You are not making a point here Taec. It's different here, since clearly Jinyoung is not liking Mark's intervention in his life", Nichkhun said.

"Do you think so?"

"Yes. And that’s the fact"

"Okay then explain me why clearly Jinyoung now shouted at Mark that he did not comfort him before the competition? He is supposed to be shouting at you for that same reason but he choose to do it with Mark than you."

Nichkhun went into deep thoughts, he was not able to find an answer for this.

"Mark is the person who is supposed to bring the students records to your desk. He does for every other teacher. But why only for you Jinyoung brings them?"

"That’s because Jinyoung likes me, he brought the books."

"When Mark doesn’t like Jinyoung or want to hurt him always, how do you think Mark got convinced or how Jinyoung convinced him for that?"

"Jinyoung did something, how would I know?"

Taecyeon laughed at Nichkhun and asked again, "When you left Jinyoung alone in the road, Mark came to shout at me and not you. Even after you raising hand on him, Mark was quite. Do you know why"

"You are the lord explain"

"That’s because Mark cared for Jinyoung and hurting you is also means hurting Jinyoung. That’s why he shouted at me instead"

"Then why did he left Jinyoung alone before tournament?", Khun asked.

"It's you who left him alone Khun, not Mark. You never realized how important this tournament is for Jinyoung and you only thought with Mark, Jinyoung will never win and you didn't even care to comfort him."

"True. So what's with this ranks? He just got few marks less and he stood 4th in the class big deal. Why so noise for that?"

"The person who stands second get to spend more time with Mark. They need to come to school early and leave late and organize the events and publicity.. And so much work. That’s why Jinyoung wanted to be in second place. And the fights Mark and Jinyoung had in the past are just another way of communication with each other. Those fights has no meaning like even those two know"

"You mean to say…"

"Mark and Jinyoung once fought seriously but from then, they never fought seriously, they are just using fighting as a mediator to talk, touch, hug and spend time with each other. They are inseparable. That’s why Jinyoung for the tournament, he expected Mark to be his side than you"

Nichkhun's head frowned down.

------00000000000000--------------------------------

Jinyoung's POV:

I ran as much as I can, yes I am running away from myself. My self self which made me take this decision. I was so proud when I took this decision until I loose it today. It took me Mark to explain me what I did wrong. How can you say something as wrong when I clearly knew what I did. It is for good, scratch that it is for Mark's good.

But why my heart is keep on asking me "Why I did this?". How can I convince it that it is for Mark's sake. I finally got to do something for him, but why am I not able to put myself into a piece with this. God please give me some strength to get through this situation. Anyways, I spent 2 months, I can spend another 6 months right. Wait I know how hell it was to be far from Mark for last 2 months, I have to do it for another 6 months? I don’t think I can stand this. But what to do, we are grown up's, we need to go on our own lives right.

I stopped at the park near by Taec hyung's house and kneeled down there. Why do I have to over hear someone's conversation.

Flash back ran before my eyes.

I had fight with Mark after the tournament, result Mark not talking to me. Before that, he promised that he will stop caring for me since now that I have Nichkhun hyung to take care of me, so he is not caring for me. Two things in one shot, I am already missing Mark hyung. I am not feeling like doing anything, I cannot meet Yugyeom, since he is on fire with me. He did not say the reason, but somehow he is walking in Mark's steps.

I tried to pull fight with Mark, I ate his chocolate from fridge, he did talk to me checking who ate the chocolate, but he got the answer he went away saying its fine or he will buy another one. Uhhhhhhhh.

I went on dates with Nichkhun hyung with out telling any one, disappeared from every one's sight for hours, still no use. Mom called instead of Mark. Even she became my enemy in this regard.

Now that I have lots of time after going on dates with my boy friend, I decided on studying for my finals. That’s the only hope that left in me to bring back my glory. If I can get 2nd or even 1st without Mark hyung's help he will be more excited. And after reading my letter from 10 years back, he will definitely get cooled down, that moment I will resolve my fight with him and we will be back again. Great plan. I am already excited thinking that I am going to play and sing with Mark again like always. One month of hiatus will not be a harm when I have a life in front of me.

That’s what I thought when I did just reading all through the month after tournament and before exams. Nichkhun hyung called me for a date 2 days before the exams and I went. I dint care, I already studied everything and I need only 4 hours before the exam to revise everything and make sure that I did not forget anything before exam.

He took me to a hill from where we can see the whole of Seoul. It was beautiful with little light and movement of people. Nichkhun kept his hand on my waist and pulled me near him. I blushed by that, he then kissed me on my cheeks, when I turned towards him he kissed me on my lips and said the three magical words, "I love you" to me. That’s first time I heard these words from someone other than Mark and Yugyeom. This is heaven. My eyes filled with water in a sec and then I did not understand if I cried or it rained, both waters entangled with each other. I know I am happy and before I figure out the water part, I confessed to hyung saying "I love you" and kissing him.

We were like that for, okay I did not check the time before I start the kissing so checking after kiss doesn’t make any sense so I did not check then either. Its long and happy kiss under the rain. That felt really new and we started kissing each other more. When we reached a situation that our clothes started to fear their position, we realized that we are in an open place and ran to the car. We almost ed each other in the car but stopped as I insist this to happen in a peaceful situation and not in the congested car.

So we drove to Taecyeon hyung's house and went there to the room that Nichkhun hyung is staying in. Hyung immediately started kissing me again.

"Hyung! Lets first dry our dresses.", I tried to insist again. This is my first time so I have my reasons.

"Come on Jinyoung! I will remove them for you and dry you up don’t worry. Now let me do my job" and he started pulling my T-shirt up. Hyung has point anyways and experience too. So I surrendered.

Next day morning, I forgot that I am in Nichkhun hyung's place, so I opened my eyes and saw what is around. It was not my place, after thinking for 2 minutes I remembered that we…. . My body status… awesome . My body movements…. Incredible weird. I still tried to gather myself and get ready to go home. I have to relax for sometime and do some studying to defect Mark in this sem exams.

While I was, walking through the corridor, I heard the two brother's talking.

"……Mark's place", Jackson was talking. I initially wouldn’t have stopped to listen the conversation, but as I heard Mark's name so unintentionally my legs stopped and I ended up being eavesdropping on the conversation.

"What did you do all night there a day before your final exams?", Taecyeon hyung asked.

"Studied for exam with boys", Jackson said.

"You study.. Such a fun. And you stop cuddling me, I am irritated", then I heard some fighting between two of them, probably elder one tried to push the younger out but for no use since I heard again, "What is this Jackson?"

"These are hickey's ", I can hear the teasing sound in Jackson's voice.

"Get it straight and tell me what happened Jackson", Taecyeon hyung said with louder voice and gave a gap before he said, "!"

"You are right big brother. I lost my ity for the first time to Mark" Jackson said. I can hear the happiness in his voice. Wow he is lucky.

"Shut up! You are joking right!", Taecyeon hyung still did not believe what he heard.

"No brother! I am not. If doubt, call anyone from yesterday and they will confirm you the news."

"Good for you!", I can hear depression in Taecyeon hyung's voice.

"And thanks to you. Ummmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaa" Jackson said and kissed Taecyeon, I heard that sound EWWWW.

"For?"

"For bringing Nichkhun hyung and getting him hooked up with Jinyoung.", Jackson said. Wait what!? Taecyeon hyung brought Nichkhyun hyung to get him hookup with me. They played with my feelings. I am gonna kill them.

"Excuse me Jackson, that’s not in the plan."

"What is in the plan hyung."

"Plan was to bring khun to our college and make him move to my house slowly and then to my life for ever. After you are graduated, I am supposed to marry Khunnie. All my plan got drained off because of that idiot Mark."

"Words! Mark is not idiot. But what he did?"

"He is, if he did not send Jinyoung to Khun's office then, this day I wouldn’t have seen!"

"Ah! My love is intelligent."

"Shut up. He is just idiot"

"What ever! Or shall I have Jinyoung breakup with Khunnie hyung?". My heart skipped a beat after hearing

"Dare you not! Though it means that I might loose the one love I have, I was so happy that Jinyoung found his ideal type boy friend because of me. I don’t want to become the reason for Jinyoung's sorrow. I lived 5 years pretending Khun's best friend. I can live for 50 more like that but not making Jinyoung sad." I lost my words. Taec hyung thinks so much about me. But why!

"Common hyung. For something he did once in his life, why are you taking decisions that will make you suffer whole life". What did I do?

"That’s not something easy Jacks. Jinyoung knew that day if he doesn’t go to help our sister, he will be safe and secure. But he did choose to fight for her saving her. He already lost so much. Think if he had got a broken body part. What's then?", Ewwww Taec hyung thinks so much about me. "Oookayyy! What about you? Will you be able to live like this for ever?"

"Live like what?"

"Like being 2nd important person to Mark, you boy friend who you just ed."

"2nd important!"

"Yup! 1st being Jinyoung", I smiled within myself. Ofcourse I am important to Mark than any one and so does he for me.

"Nopes, I will not! I will take Jinyoung's place and will become first for Mark!"

"You! No way brother. If you still think you can then prove me"

"How do you want me to prove you?"

"Okay! Come second in this sem exams. So you can be the co leader for Mark."

"Nice. Okay I will and then I will prove you that Mark is mine." Jackson said with a confident voice.

"Good luck" Taecyeon hyung wished. Good luck in defeating me. I will not go easy on you Jacks. Then I left the house and directly went to my room locking myself inside, I don’t have any place to go in the house and also I have taken the challenge from Jackson and I have to win it.

Flash back ends--

No one's POV--

Jinyoung came out of his flashback dream by a hand moving his shoulder. He turned back to see someone who is shaking his whole body with just one hand, but the face was not clear since he was not able to see through his tears in his eyes. He wiped his eyes to see Jackson before him worried and not so worried.

Jinyoung shooed Jackson and started to move from there, but Jackson is also strong enough and he did not let Jinyoung go. Jinyoung became stubborn and resisted to move away from him since he is the last person that Jinyoung wanted to see at this moment. They struggled for few seconds, with Jinyoung getting cooled only after being hugged by the elder which is very tight for Jinyoung to get away from. Since, he also liked the comfort of hiding himself in someone's shoulder, Jinyoung stopped resisting and hugged Jackson to cry his heart out.

God knows how long that guy cried. Jackson witnessed sun going on top of his head and trying to put his hair on fire, while being in there hugging Jinyoung, crying Jinyoung. Out of no where, no actually its from Jackson's stomach sounds came reminding the boy to eat something. Jinyoung then released Jackson. He stood there in shock when he saw Jackson's shirt got dipped in his tears. Ewww. He cired so much.

"Atleast for the sake of my poor shirt which is drooling right now in this burning sun with your tears, can you please explain me what the hell is this?", Jackson asked with out any mercy for the cry baby.

"What do you mean? You know everything right!", Jinyoung asked. Suddenly he forgot he is supposed to be crying. Not long enough he remembered that and cried.

"Okay! Why did you not answer that question in our paper 1? I saw you explaining the same to Jisoo before the exam and I remembered what you said while writing the exam and you spent 15 minutes during the exam debating whether to write or not and left the exam hall with out answering it."

"True. But that’s not my actual. That’s an extra question. I just debated if I should write extra or not and left with out answering the extra one"

"What's the reason on dipping me in your tears?", Jackson asked again not giving up

"I wont be able to talk to Mark for the next 6 months you stupid. What else could be the reason!", Jinyoung shouted.

"If you just go and talk to him you don’t need to be an assistant of him to talk to him you know!"

"How can I talk to him after fighting with him for 2 years. I thought I will score good marks in this exam and while Mark appreciates me I will end my fighting with him and be back to normal. Now nothing works and it got worse. I dream alot"

"You can do that even now you know. Just go and talk to him!", Jackson assured him, inside feeling what the hell am I doing.

"Its not that easy Jackson. You don’t know how many times in these 2 years that I tried to talk to him normally but always I failed. I ate his chocolate purposefully but only to get nice beatings and not the talks. I am tired now. My only final resort also gone." Jinyoung started crying again.

"Okay fine! Will think about Mark later but can we do some appreciation to my stomach and give him some food.", Jackson joked as always.

"you go I am not hungry"

"Aaahhh.. Regular dialogue. Can you please do something different and eat for my stomach sake", Jackson played again. Finally Jinyoung agreed to go eat. Jackson hugged Jinyoung and kissed him on his forehead for comforting him. They both went to the restaurant and completed their lunch.

Just the time when Jackson and Jinyoung are home, Jackson got a call from Mark, "Hey Mark… what… is everything ok?... Okay I am coming", Those are the words Jackson said before leaving Jinyoung there at the door step spell bound.

Jinyoung felt like following but left it thinking its boy friend stuff. He walked in silence to Nichkhun's room and cuddled his hyung, before he went to deep sleep.

-----00000-------

"SURPRISE….", Mark, Yugyeom and Taecyeon shouted in chorus when Jackson entered the room. That room was decorated nicely, there is a wall decoration which was written "Congratulations Jackson". Jackson blushed immediately for the efforts that Mark kept for him.

"What is all this?", he asked Mark when he came to hug him.

"Congratulations Love. You rocked by scoring such awesome score and being second in the class", Mark hugged Jackson while saying this.

"Common! I did not come 2nd, Jinyoung came 4th"

"Correct, for the record of someone who always struggle to get a A grade, is now one of the CPL, that itself is a party stuff. And secondly, If Jinyoung doesn’t make it, then Yugyeom would have been 2nd but no, you overtook him so that’s another reason for appreciating you"

Jackson smiled and went with the flow of what ever Mark has planned for him. What ever Mark told did make sense for him. Though he did not overtake Jinyoung by himself, he did reached Mark this time and Mark saw that very big. This itself is enough for him and being a person next to Mark always for 6 months next year was going to be the most memorable thing for him.

-----00000-----

Jinyoung battled himself on how to talk to Mark and resolve his fight with him. He did not go to their house for the last 3 days, since he was not sure how to face the elder. He did not talk to Yugyeom also, for some reason the younger is not talking to him. Jinyoung get to see Jackson, only once in a while, he is always in their house, may be ing Mark all time. He needs to resolve his fight with in next 4 days. Their 20th birthday is coming and he doesn’t want to celebrate this birthday fighting with Mark atleast. They have big plans for their future, it will all ruin up because of his stupidity.

He gathered all his courage and went to his house to apologize Mark and get his soulmate back. He took steps carefully since he is scared of the situations he is going to face, he is not thinking wrong about them, since he knew he deserves it. He saw Mark lying down on the couch reading some book. He went to Mark. His heart is beating heavily that he is able to hear the sound out loud. Gathering all courage again, he called "Mark…. Mark… MARK", that’s when Mark turned to see the person calling.

Mark was happy to see Jinyoung's face after 5 days but he immediately remembered that he had fight with the other so he started walking away. "Mark! Please don’t do this to me. Listen to me Mark, just once", Jinyoung walked behind him, but he couldn’t reach him, since the other started running and using all his energy. When Jinyoung was still trying to pickup his pace, he felt someone pulling him back.

"Yugyeom!" Jinyoung called the owner of the hand.

"Jinyoung! Stop following him." Yugyeom said.

"Are you crazy? I wanna talk to him", Jinyoung said and tried to turn back to the direction of Mark, but he could even move an inch.

"Are you crazy? What do you want to talk to him after all these years of mess?"

"Yugyeom! I am sorry for all this. I seriously do, please let me go and talk to him. I want to apologize him and resolve the fight for ever with him. I cannot stand a day without talking to him"

"What are you thinking about him Jinyoung? A toy? Ofcourse he let you to play with him as if he is a toy when we were kids, but thats not he is. He is a grown up human with some feelings to do. Dont play with him any more Jinyoung. Stop following him"

"Yugyeom please. Let me go. I agree i did not behave properly for 2 years. I took him for granted and carried away by some feelings. Please Yugyeom please let me correct myself. Just give me this one chane and i will not hurt you both again."

"Stop. I am not letting you go to him. Atleast not today. Just stop what ever you are doing and leave him alone."

Jinyoung did not listen. He tried to release himself from Yugyeom to go behind Mark. When Jinyoung was able to get his hands off Yugyeom's, he started running. But his steps stopped in the middle when he heard those words from Yugyeom.

"Jinyoung Please. He just came out of hospital today. Don't send him back there. Come back"

"........."