Chapter 8

The Hunter's Story

Woojin and Hongseob were called again at a more reasonable time a few days later by Taeseon, Jihun and Hayoung. "Oh, Taeyong's new rookie team," said Hongseob as he went to answer with Woojin coming to sit beside him.

"I hope we called at a reasonable time," said Taeseon as he waved. "No problem, everyone else just seems to forget time zones," said Woojin. "So what's up?" He asked. "I know you're not looking for rookies for this huge run but Sungyeol stopped by since we were next door to Hoseok and his team's house," said Taeseon. "Ah yeah, I don't recall you coming over for any Italy run prior to this one," Hongseob said in English. "No, we're not looking for rookies, more to keep the casualties down," he said.

"When you want to do an Italy run after this is all over just let us or Taeyong know," he said. "Yeah, thanks, sorry to bother you," said Taeseon. "No, no it's fine," said Woojin. "It's nice to get contacted by new teams who are wanting to help," he said. "We'll keep you in mind then," he said. Taeseon nodded and waved before hanging up.

"Well, that was different," said Woojin as he leaned back in his chair. "Yeah," said Hongseob as he sighed a bit. He got up and went downstairs to see what the others were up to with Woojin soon following after him.

"Who called this time?" Asked Changsun. "A rookie group," said Woojin. "Taeyong's new rookie team," he added. "Oh," said Changsun. "We said no rookies during this run so," Woojin said with a shrug. "Better to keep casualties low," he said.

Hongseob went out running with Changsun again, needing to clear his head for a couple hours. "What's on your mind Hongseob?" Changsun asked in Spanish. "Man, did you have to ask in a language I haven't spoken in like 20 years?" Hongseob asked in Spanish, laughing some. "We all know we both speak Korean but think in Spanish," Changsun said with a chuckle. "Eh, true," said Hongseob.

"It seems we're having a small break though," he said. "Yeah," said Changsun. "Which is nice, you've been more and more exhausted with each passing mission," he said. "It's just exhausting," said Hongseob. "We're relieved to come home, but after being gone for so long you get homesick so," he said, shrugging.

"Do you even get missions here anymore?" Asked Changsun. "Last mission I had in South Korea was when Kisu, Youngjae and Jooheon were still around," said Hongseob. "Was it really that long ago?" Asked Changsun. "Man time flies," he said. Hongseob hummed in response as they took a small break, stopping at a street light to drink some water.

Hongseob checked his phone as he drank some water, looking through the chats he was in. "Well," he said, tilting his head to the side. "What's up?" Asked Changsun. "I got messaged by the rest of Joshua's pack, they're joining in," said Hongseob. "I'll let Woojin know," he said, sending a reply back before texting Woojin.

"His pack split?" Asked Changsun. "Well, kind of," said Hongseob. "They still associate themselves with Joshua's faction but they live in different parts of the U.S.," he said. "Ah," said Changsun. "Vernon and Seungkwan are staying here it seems," said Hongseob as he got another message. "Well that's fine," he said. "We're just waiting on Kyuhyun, and if he says no we're going to need everyone in Berlin for planning," he said. They continued running after a few minutes, starting the run home.

"Well," said Woojin once they entered the house. "We got Yoongi and Daehyun in on this one, but Aron, Jackson, Yugyeom and JR declined," he said. "Not sure about Jisung and them, they want to join but I don't even think they're hunters," he said.

"The pack of dogs that are their neighbors?" Asked Hongseob. Woojin nodded. "Yeah, they're not hunters," said Hongseob. "Only Jaehwan, Seongwoo and Jihoon are hunters," he said. "They don't have a territory but I'm sure Sungyeol's going to get to them soon," he said. "They've been on Italy runs before?" Asked Woojin. Hongseob nodded. "They're not called often but," he said, shrugging.

"Do you think you got enough people?" Asked Changsun. "Just about," said Hongseob. "Just waiting on Kyuhyun," he said. "Now that Nickhun is in on this maybe Kyuhyun will finally come out of hiding," said Woojin before he dragged Hongseob into the kitchen to start on dinner.

"Man, is it really our turn to make dinner?" Asked Hongseob as he went to cut vegetables. "Yep," said Woojin as he went to cut up some chicken. Hongseob hummed to himself as he cut vegetables.

"So what'd you do with Changsun?" Asked Woojin. "Just ran," said Hongseob as he shrugged. "We didn't do much else, just ran and got to be in our own thoughts for a bit," he said. "Why?" He asked. "Ah, no reason," said Woojin. "I wish I had that sort of relationship with my brother sometimes," he said, chuckling some. Hongseob laughs. "One day," he said.

"You know for a second there I thought you were jealous," he said. "Me? Jealous? Come on, I know there's nothing going on between you two," said Woojin. "If I was jealous that'd be a low blow," he said. "I guess," said Hongseob.

"What, is Woojin jealous?" Asked Changsun as he came into the kitchen. "Not of you two being close, but more so of your friendship," said Woojin. "Eh, we grew up together, he was the one who turned me, the like," said Hongseob. "Really, there's nothing going on except friendship so," he said, shrugging. "Let me just say that I had to watch him find his mates in the same day, there really is nothing going on there," he said. "I know," said Woojin. "But sometimes I do wish my brother and I had the same relationship," he said. "You will, some day," said Changsun. "I guess," said Woojin.