Chapter 14

The Hunter's Story

Woojin drove to the next town, with Hongseob keeping an eye on the news to pinpoint where their next batch of vampires were. Things were going okay for the most part, the other teams occasionally texting their locations as they reached their next towns.

"Well, we're here," said Woojin as they arrived at the next town. "Time to do the usual eh?" Asked Hongseob as he looked around. "Yep," said Woojin as he drove around town, looking for a place to stay while also looking for their vampires.

They stopped for gas, Hongseob getting out to go pay for it while Woojin went to fill the jeep. Hongseob came back after getting some information about the town and finding out about where their vampires were potentially located.

"Anything?" Asked Woojin as he kept an eye on the meter. "I have a potential spot but," said Hongseob as he shrugged. "Let's find an inn to stay in first," he said. "Check into it and then go and scout the area," he said. "Sure," said Woojin as he finished refueling the jeep. He got into the jeep with Hongseob getting into the passenger seat and Woojin started the jeep, driving off.

Once they reached the inn and checked in they went to explore the town on foot, going towards the spot that they were told that their vampires were at. "Huh, something fancy," said Woojin as he stood across the street from the building. "We have to be careful," said Hongseob. "This isn't as out in the open as before," he said. Woojin nodded and looked around the building to see where they could enter from as Hongseob looked it up from google maps.

"What do you see?" Asked Woojin. "Nothing too out of the ordinary," said Hongseob as he pulled up another app on his phone to use x rays to look through the building. "They are there though," he said as he moved the phone around to see where exactly in the building they were.

"We come back later tonight then," said Woojin as he nodded. Hongseob nodded and put his phone away before walking back to the inn with Woojin.

Teams started to text in saying that they had found their vampires throughout the rest of that afternoon, and Woojin texted them the time to attack the vampires. "Sundown like usual then," said Hongseob as he went to get dinner with Woojin, sitting down in the central part of the inn to eat and listen to stories coming from the other patrons as Hongseob had his phone out with google translate translating most of the conversations going on from the other people in the inn.

"Anything interesting going on?" Asked Woojin after they got their food. "Just discussing the latest stuff it looks like," said Hongseob as he looked down at his phone, scrolling through what google translate translated. "Nothing about them yet," he said as he started eating. Woojin hummed in response as he ate.

"Do you think Donghun has someone waiting for him at home?" Hongseob asked suddenly. Woojin blinked. "Why do you ask?" He asked. "He seemed really impatient for us to get his home back," said Hongseob. "It's possible but I don't know," said Woojin. "He does own a lot of land out in the countryside, since that's really been the only way they've been able to stay in the U.K. for so long," he said, shrugging. "But it's possible," he said after a few minutes. "I'll have to ask him after this wave," he said.

"You know, I'm surprised we met little resistance here," said Hongseob. "I think they are hiding something," said Woojin. "There's only so much information we have however," he said, sighing a bit. "Yeah," said Hongseob as he scratched the back of his head.

After dinner they headed out to get their vampires, telling the others to go ahead. Woojin wondered how they would do this as he headed out with Hongseob, heading to their destination.

"Easy," said Hongseob as he stopped in front of the building. "Got your wooden knife?" He asked as he turned to Woojin. "Yeah," said Woojin. "Let's go and knock on the door then," said Hongseob as he walked up to the entrance and knocked on the door.

The person who answered quickly went to shut the door but Hongseob pushed the door open, tilting his head to the side. "Wow, rude," he said, quickly leaping forward with his knife drawn to stab the person in the kidney, watching as they became ashes. Woojin closed the door behind him, looking around the hallway.

"Scout the building, every vampire is killed on sight," said Hongseob. Woojin nodded and they split up, going after the other vampires in the building and going to check for human occupants.

"God damn," said Woojin. "What's up?" Called Hongseob. "This is one of their blood dens," called Woojin. "God damn it," said Hongseob. "Are they okay?" He asked. "Yeah, just drugged," said Woojin as he went to free the human captors, explaining via google translate that they were here to free them.

Hongseob came over after fully checking the rest of the building and calling the police, tipping them off on a ion ring. They then left, going to stand a few buildings away and watching the police show up.

"It's good that we rescued them," said Hongseob as they watched what was happening. "Yeah," said Woojin as texts started to flood in saying the other teams got their vampires. Woojin and Hongseob stayed there for another few minutes before heading back to the inn.

"We can ask tomorrow," said Woojin. "Time zones, right," said Hongseob as they reached the inn. "I don't want to seem pushy but," said Woojin as he shrugged. "I understand completely don't worry," said Hongseob. "Maybe he really does miss home," he said, shrugging as he texted the team chat to tell them to head out tomorrow.

"Well," said Woojin as they headed up to their room. "It's been a long day," he said, sighing a bit. "Yeah," said Hongseob as he went to grab his laptop before laying down on one of the beds and turning it on. "I miss home already," he said. Woojin hummed in response as he went to lay down on the other bed and play on his phone.