Chapter 16

The Hunter's Story

The next couple weeks went by smoothly as they took out the towns along the way to Rome. As they got closer everyone noticed the increased amount of vampires in each town, something Hongseob took note of, since it was eerily similar to the big run that had been done in the 60's.

"Well, they seem to be learning," said Hongseob as they got done with the last wave before their next town was Rome. "We just took out their top generals it seems," said Woojin as they got their texts. "Stay low, keep things quiet for the next week," said Hongseob. "They'll think we left them be like usual," he said with a shake of his head as they headed back to the inn they were staying in.

"We can finally rest for a week," said Woojin as he flopped down on the bed with a sigh. "We can't go home though," said Hongseob as he went to grab his laptop before sitting on the other bed. "True," said Woojin. "We can't bring home to us either," he said. "That is also true," said Hongseob. "I miss home already," he said, sighing a bit as he played a game on his laptop. "Just a few more months," said Woojin.

"We'll have to limit who goes into Rome next week," Hongseob said suddenly. "Eh?" Asked Woojin. "We know where their main base of operations is," said Hongseob. "But we'll have to attack in waves before we get to that point," he said.

"Are you nervous?" Asked Woojin. "Slightly," admitted Hongseob. "Only because I haven't done an Italy run like this since the 1960's," he said. "It's always been a bit easier, but this is something else," said Woojin. "We'll be able to take back Italy, don't worry," said Hongseob. "We just got done with their top generals from what everyone has said so," he said, shrugging. "Well," said Woojin as he sighed a bit. "I guess it's time to rest and plan," he said. "Yep," said Hongseob as he went to plan on his laptop.

"Hey, do you know how the U.K.'s doing?" Asked Woojin. "I'm seeing here that they're stalling it for as long as possible, basically taking my plan but going around in a spiral until they reach London," said Hongseob. "Kyuhyun's pack is helping slightly, and Chan doesn't have to worry too much about their only non hunter being targeted because Renjun is in Berlin spending time with Jaemin," he said. "Why do you ask?" He asked. "Well, Donghun's been asking about Luna and I'm not even sure what to tell him," said Woojin. "I'll see if Chan's up to talking," said Hongseob as he went to message Chan.

After a few minutes a video call came through and Hongseob answered, waving at Chan. "Hey Chan," he said. "Hello Hongseob, what do you need?" Asked Chan. "Was wondering how the hunts were going on in the U.K.," said Hongseob. "Ah, things are going good, we found the human, she's fine," said Chan. "Sent her off to Berlin with Seungmin and Felix, she's fine," he said. "Gotta tell you though, she was worse for wear when we found her," he said. "Hysterical but calmed down once we proved we weren't vampires," he said. Hongseob nodded.

"Taeseon and his team actually showed up for a mission surprisingly before we got there," said Chan. "Really now?" Asked Woojin as he walked over. "Yeah, the entire group was dragged along, even Kangmin who I know was in college with Jeongin," said Chan. "I guess they wanted to help somehow," said Hongseob. "Are they around?" Asked Woojin. Chan nodded and called for Taeseon, leaving when Taeseon came into view.

"Yes we had a mission here," said Taeseon as he scratched the back of his head. "Convenient timing eh?" Asked Woojin. Taeseon laughs. "When we ran into Chan and the others we knew this was important," he said. "It was just Jihun, Hayoung and I but after hearing of what had happened I called the whole team here," he said.

"Who came up with the strategy?" Asked Hongseob. "I did actually," said Taeseon. "We didn't have much to go on," he said, shrugging. "So I came up with this strategy and it's worked so far," he said.

"When do you guys think you'll be in London?" Asked Woojin. "We're already here," said Taeseon. "However, we're stalling at this point, we don't have the manpower to take on London ourselves," he said. "We're taking out the vampires that leave London but we're not touching London until you get here," he said. "Everyone seems fine with that plan so we're going with it," he said.

"I'll leave you be then, thanks for updating us on everything," said Woojin. "No problem, see you soon," said Taeseon before he left, giving the call back to Chan.

"They've been a big help," said Chan as he chuckled some. "I figured, they were trained under Taeyong," said Woojin. "You were sort of trained under Doyoung and Hobi, you know what each of you are thinking," he said. "Yeah, I guess," said Chan. "I'll leave you be then, good luck with Rome," he said. "Thanks, we'll let you know when we'll be heading towards London," said Woojin. "Alright, stay safe," said Chan. "You too," said Woojin before he hung up.

"Well," said Hongseob. "I think we found the next team," he said. "The thing is, will they accept it?" Asked Woojin. "It will certainly change things if they became the next top team, considering who they were trained under," said Hongseob. Woojin hummed in response as he went to message his brother to tell him about Luna.

Donghun called while Hongseob was taking a nap so Woojin went to answer it, going into another room to speak with him. "You got to her?" Asked Donghun once Woojin put on some headphones. "Yeah," said Woojin. "She got to Berlin with two of Chan's packmates," he said. "Good, at least she's safe now," said Donghun as he sighed a bit.

"You really care about her hyung, are you sure she's not your mate?" Asked Woojin. "100% sure," said Donghun. "I wouldn't've been able to be away for this long if that was the case," he said. "True," said Woojin. "I'll bring her home when this is over, if you're okay with that," he said. "Yeah, the others aren't too keen on returning home so soon at the moment," said Donghun.

"Does Jason still want to become a hunter?" Asked Woojin. "Yes, why?" Asked Donghun. "I might have a team he can start with, for the time being anyway but it depends on them at that point," said Woojin. "Alright, I'll let him know," said Donghun. "Stay safe alright?" He asked. "Always," said Woojin before he hung up.