Chapter 6

The Hunter's Story

Donghun, Seyoon and Chan came over for a visit a few days later, while Woojin and Hongseob were able to have a day to themselves. Jeonguk pointed them in the direction of the park, where Woojin and Hongseob currently were, and Donghun went to the park with Seyoon and Chan.

"Ah, hey hyungs," said Woojin when he spotted them. "Seyoon and Chan finally got out of the house I see," he said with a chuckle. "We got threatened," said Seyoon as he scratched the back of his head. "Not like Donghun would follow through on that threat," Chan said with a snicker, earning a slap on the back of the head from Donghun.

"What brings you over here?" Asked Hongseob. "Just came for a visit," said Donghun as he sat down with Seyoon and Chan sitting beside him. "I feel like we haven't spent much time together because of our busy schedules," he said. Woojin hummed in response as he looked up at the sky.

"How's planning coming along?" Asked Donghun. "Not very well," Woojin said with a sigh. "We're still waiting on a response from Chanwoo in Berlin and Kyuhyun over in Poland," he said. "Hopefully nothing has gone wrong with them, Berlin's a major hub of information and Kyuhyun has the largest faction in the world," he said.

"We lose those two we've basically lost most of the driving force behind this Italy run," said Hongseob as Donghun looked confused. "Berlin can be a central location of information while Kyuhyun can back us up with members of his pack," he said.

"The hilarious part? Everyone who's ever been in a faction can trace their roots back to Kyuhyun's faction," said Woojin. "I never belonged to a faction but I knew of Kyuhyun and his exploits," said Hongseob. "A lot of the more known vampire hunters can trace their teams back to Kyuhyun's pack," he said. "Chanyeol, Sungcheol and his pack, and I think even iKon was with him at one point," he said. "Look where it got them now," he said.

"There's been rumors floating around about Kyuhyun being the first werewolf to ever come into existence," said Woojin. "But I don't think so," he said. "He hasn't been around as long as some of the older turned werewolves, who've been around for centuries," he said.

"Hyungwon's family started around 10 A.D. I think, right?" Asked Hongseob. "So the story goes," said Woojin as he nodded. "I'm pretty sure Kyuhyun hasn't been around for that long," he said.

"Our family isn't that old is it?" Asked Donghun. "No," said Woojin. "Do we have any siblings other than us do you know?" He asked, turning to Donghun. Donghun shook his head. "Not that I'm aware of," he said. "I'm sure we would've been told of it if it was the case though," he said. Woojin nodded.

"So," said Chan. "What's so special about this Italy run in particular?" He asked. "Don't get me wrong I know Italy's a bunch of douche bags but," he said, shrugging. "Italy's always been a problem," said Hongseob as he leaned back on his hands. "But things changed when Chani came to us with information regarding Italy and what they've been planning," he said.

"We also have to be careful as to who we send out," said Woojin. "Rookies aren't allowed on Italy runs unless we're sure they can handle it," he said. "But this time it's a more dangerous situation than ever so we can't take rookies on this run," he said. "Screw the paycheck if it means that more stay alive," he said.

Hongseob got a text and he glanced at his phone. "Ah, it seems we're needed back home to answer a call," he said, sighing as he got up. "Well, we got to enjoy the day, sort of," said Woojin as he got up, brushing dirt off his pants. "Coming back with us?" He asked, turning to Donghun, Seyoon and Chan. "Sure," said Donghun as he got up with Chan and Seyoon getting up after a few seconds. They headed back to the house.

"It's Taeyong, Doyoung, Hobi and Hyunjin," said Jeonguk as Hongseob and the others entered the house. "Alright, we'll be a few minutes then," said Hongseob before he ran upstairs. Woojin sighed and ran after him, leaving Donghun, Chan and Seyoon to stand awkwardly in the livingroom. "Come help me with lunch," said Jeonguk before he headed into the kitchen. Donghun, Chan and Seyoon followed after him.

"What's up?" Asked Woojin as he went to slump down in the chair in front of the laptop. "Ah, sorry to bother you on your day of relaxing," said Taeyong. Doyoung was in another window with Hoseok and Hyunjin as he gave a sheepish smile. "Hobi, Hyunjin and I were called to help Chan so we can't make it on this run," he said. "No problem," said Woojin.

"I'll see if Ravi and them want to join us on this run, but Chanyeol can't make it, he's dealing with stuff on his end," said Taeyong. "No problem on that one, we just need to see if Kyuhyun can make it," said Woojin. "If not then we're gonna need some serious planning to keep human casualties as low as possible," said Doyoung. "Exactly," said Woojin as he sighed.

"Oh, Jisung says hi," Hongseob said in English. "Ah, you're getting better at your English!" Said Hoseok, causing Hongseob to grin. "I've been working on it for a bit," he said. "I'll call him next time I get the chance," said Hyunjin. "We're getting ready to head to Paris now so," he said, shrugging. "Alright, have a safe flight," said Woojin. Doyoung waved before he hung up. "I'll let you get back to your relaxing day, we'll be waiting on your orders to head out then," said Taeyong before he hung up.

Woojin leaned against the chair with a groan. "We're running out of time," he said. "I know," said Hongseob as he sighed. "Well, there goes our relaxing day," he said before getting up and going downstairs with Woojin soon following after him.