Chapter 17

The Hunter's Story

It was time to take on Rome, as Woojin and Hongseob met with Kyuhyun, Moonbin, Nickhun and Sungjin. These people would go with them into Rome while the others made sure no other vampires escaped.

Woojin parked the jeep a few streets down from the building they knew the great leaders of the Italian coven were. Kyuhyun and the others pulled up in their own cars, getting out of their respective cars. "Well," said Woojin as he looked around. "This is a bit inconvenient isn't it?" Asked Hongseob. "We decided to run this Italy run while a festival is going on," said Kyuhyun as he walked over. "We'll manage something," said Hongseob. "Let's walk towards the building then," he said, walking with the others towards the building.

"This is quite ominous don't you think?" Asked Nickhun as they stood in front of the building. "Yeah well," said Hongseob. "I have a secret weapon," he said. "Oh yeah," said Woojin. "That," he said.

 

~



"Woojin," called Hongseob as he ran over. "What's up?" Asked Woojin as he turned to Hongseob. "Can we talk?" Asked Hongseob. "Ah?" Asked Woojin as he looked around. "Sure," he said. Hongseob nodded and grabbed Woojin by the arm and dragged him off somewhere more private.

"So," said Woojin. "What did you want to talk to me about?" He asked. "Well," said Hongseob as he scratched the back of his head. "Do you remember how there's 'shifter clans that can choose whatever animal they want to be?" He asked. Woojin nodded. "Yes," he said. "What does that have to do with us?" He asked.

"Well," said Hongseob. "I am, at least I think I am, part of one of those clans," he said. "My father is a 'shifter and my mother was human," he said, shrugging. "Before I left with Changsun my father told me about having a choice with my animal form if I decided to trigger the change," he said. "Huh, interesting," said Woojin.

"Are you okay with this?" Asked Hongseob. "Of course," said Woojin as he smiled slightly. "Nothing wrong with it, I mean if you remember Joshua was a turned werewolf while also being a 'shifter," he said. "Plus, I see now why you're so open with me having another mate thing, you still have your imprint or whatever they called it to find," he said. Hongseob nodded.

"I'll keep an open mind about you finding your imprint then, since you are okay with me finding my pure blood mate eventually," said Woojin. Hongseob grinned. "Thanks," he said.

 

~



They had entered the building, taking out any vampires they saw, being thorough as they did so, making sure they didn't leave any survivors. Woojin and Hongseob ran ahead, going towards the main room as Sungjin and the others went to make sure the place was clear.

"Ah, you're here," came a voice as Woojin and Hongseob entered the main room. "Kangin," said Hongseob. Kangin came into view, tilting his head at Hongseob. "Well, if it isn't the mutt," said Kangin.

"So the rumors were true then," Hongseob said with a snort. "Sungcheol took all the glory and yet he didn't even bother killing you," he said. "He was too cowardly, left me be even though he was supposed to kill me," said Kangin. "Is there any reason you decided to try and take over Europe again?" Asked Hongseob.

"Well," said Kangin. "I've heard of your reputation," he said. "But that doesn't mean I'm going down without a fight," he said as he sped forward, grabbing Hongseob by the neck and slamming him into the wall. "Now, I know this is basically a way to awaken your true self, let's see what form you choose," he said, throwing Hongseob at Woojin, the both of them being slammed into a wall from the impact.

"Leave this fight to me," said Hongseob as he got to his feet, stumbling as he did so. Woojin got to his feet, grunting a bit from the effort. "Are you sure?" He asked. "Yes," said Hongseob as he launched himself at Kangin, changing to wolf form in the process. Kangin and Hongseob fought fiercely, snarls ripping through the both of them as Woojin could only watch.

Woojin briefly wondered where the others were as Kangin finally managed to grab Hongseob and slam him into the ground with enough force that it caused a dent in the floor. A whimper was heard and Woojin finally had enough as he changed, attacking Kangin.

Hongseob could only watch as he struggled to get on his feet, returning to human form. He coughed up blood as he managed to get to his knees, wondering how he could trigger the change. Woojin and Kangin leaped at each other, trying to end this fight quickly as they collided, the collision sounding briefly like two boulders crashing into each other as they fell to the ground. A yelp was heard as Woojin was nearly crushed under Kangin as Kangin got up, being victorious.

"Well, that was an easy fight," said Kangin as he turned to Hongseob. "I didn't want to have to trigger this today but," said Hongseob as he struggled to get to his feet, stumbling in the process as he fell onto his stomach. "I think it's time," he said, moving to sit up with a bit more effort than he liked to admit.

Kyuhyun and the others rushed into the room, Moonbin quickly going to check on Woojin with Sungjin going to check on Hongseob as Kyuhyun and Nickhun changed, attacking Kangin. "Are you alright?" Asked Sungjin. "Fine," spat Hongseob as he struggled to get to his feet with Sungjin helping him. "Leave me be for a second," he said, pushing Sungjin away. "Are you even well enough to try and trigger the change?" Asked Moonbin. "To hell with it," spat Hongseob as he closed his eyes, concentrating on triggering the change to his animal form.

Kyuhyun and Nickhun were having a bit more trouble than anticipated but they attacked as a team, trying to at least buy some time so that Hongseob could rejoin this fight. Sungjin was left to go help Moonbin, moving Woojin and not trying to hurt him.

Hongseob could feel it, the signs of the first change as he finally focused on his animal form. He opened his eyes, stretching and focusing on changing as Nickhun and Kyuhyun were both thrown to the side. "Here we go," said Hongseob as he let the change take over, changing into a snow leopard. He stretched before leaping at Kangin with a roar.