Chapter 2

The Hunter's Story

Woojin was out shopping with Hongseob and Jinhong when he got a text. "Ah," he mumbled. "What's up?" Asked Hongseob. "We're getting visitors," said Woojin. "Is it important?" Asked Jinhong.

"Daniel sent him," Woojin said in English, turning to Hongseob. "Is it a vampire?" Hongseob asked in English. "They have information on Italy," said Woojin. "Is it getting that bad?" Asked Hongseob. Woojin nodded.

"What's going on?" Asked Jinhong. "We're getting visitors," said Woojin as he switched back to speaking Korean. "And?" Asked Jinhong. "Some news about Italy that's so important that they had to send a vampire along to pass the message," said Hongseob. "Do you need to leave already? You just got back," said Jinhong. "No," said Hongseob. "But we need to prepare for an Italy run and who knows how long that takes if this is really bad," he said. "Well, let's finish shopping and I'll let the others know we're getting visitors," said Woojin.

Sunggyu came to get them with Cory in Jeonguk's truck after they were done shopping. "We're getting visitors?" Asked Sunggyu as Woojin, Hongseob and Jinhong piled into the back. "Yeah, it's your brother," Woojin said in English. "Ah, I was getting some messages from his coven about getting sent to places where major teams were," he said Sunggyu. "Something big must be happening if they need their messengers to be vampires," said Hongseob. Cory hummed in response.

Once they reached the house Jeonguk, Sunggyu and Cory came outside to see them. "What's this about getting visitors?" He asked. "Sunggyu's brother and his mate are coming to bring us some information about the next Italy run," said Woojin. "Chani and his coven have become messengers, something that they wouldn't expect I'm guessing," said Cory.

"Do you know who went where?" Woojin asked Sunggyu. "Well," said Sunggyu as he showed the chat. "Sungyeol went to the states, Myungsoo went to Europe and Sungjong is staying home in Canada to keep an eye on things from his end," he said. "Chani's hitting up Asia with his mate, hoping to start in Seoul because of Joshua's faction, Vernon and Seungkwan can put the word out quickly from their end," he said.

"When will they be here?" Asked Jeonguk. "Tomorrow," said Woojin. "We would've met them somewhere else if you said no to letting them come over," he said. "This is important," said Jeonguk. "You wouldn't be telling me that a vampire was coming if it wasn't important," he said.

"Why do you trust our judgement?" Asked Hongseob. "You've kept us safe for many years," said Jeonguk. "Even after Jaejoong's fiasco you worked to make sure we were safe," he said. "I think we have a right to trust your judgement at this point," he said. "I see," said Woojin.

"Well," said Jeonguk as he scratched the back of his head. "Time to get ready for our visitors then," he said. "Yeah," said Woojin before he went inside with Hongseob.

"They don't look too happy for an Italy run to suddenly pop up," said Cory as he turned to Jeonguk. "It's been rough," said Jeonguk. "They haven't even been here for a week and now they need to plan for an Italy run," he said as he went inside with the others.

Changsun sighed as he shook his head. "You need to retire," he said to Woojin and Hongseob. "We would only retire if someone takes our place," said Hongseob. "That was the promise we made, to make sure that the ones who take our place is good enough to keep the place," he said. "As much as that seems easy, it's not," said Woojin. The closest team to come close to our reputation is Taeyong and Doyoung," he said. "We'll get a team eventually," said Hongseob. "It won't happen anytime soon but we will get a team eventually," he said.

 

~



The next day Chani and Jaemin arrived after getting a ride from Vernon, and Jeonguk opened the gate to let him in before closing the gate behind them. "Chani and Jaemin?" He asked in English. "Yeah," said Chani as he scratched the back of his head. Jaemin nodded. "Vernon head back already?" He asked. "Yeah," said Jaemin. "Come on in then," said Jeonguk before he headed inside. Jaemin and Chani followed after him.

"Ah, hey Chani," said Sunggyu. "Hey hyung," said Chani as he grinned. "I'll get Woojin and Hongseob," said Jeonguk before he went to do so. "Hey Jaemin," said Jisung as he grinned at Jaemin. "You're definitely looking better," he said. "Thanks," said Jaemin as he scratched the back of his head.

Woojin and Hongseob came downstairs with Jeonguk, Jinhong Cory and Changsun close behind them. "Well, what's so important that they had to send a vampire here?" Asked Woojin as he tilted his head at Chani. "Ah, can we take this more private?" Asked Chani as he rubbed the back of his neck. "No offense to the others but," he said, shrugging. "It won't take long, at least I hope not," he said. Woojin nodded. "To our room then," he said, going back upstairs with Hongseob. After some hesitation Chani followed after him.

Woojin sat at the desk while Hongseob sat on the bed, wondering what was up. "Well," said Chani as he closed the door. "I got word from contacts within," he said. "Italy's going to be planning something big, a way to come back into power like before," he said.

"And you're on our side why?" Asked Woojin. "Honestly even us vampires hate Italy," said Chani as he shrugged. "But you might need help," he said. "They have most of Europe's population of vampires on their side now, and that's a lot," he said.

"Great," said Hongseob as he sighed. "It's gonna be like the '60's again," he said. "Back when they tried this the first time, I was caught in the middle and well, you heard what happened," he said.

"Who've you contacted already?" Asked Woojin. "Chanyeol, Yoongi, JR, Joshua and his pack, Aron, Jackson, Yugyeom, Moonbin, and that's all for now," said Chani. "We're waiting on a response from them but," he said. "Myungsoo's doing what he can in Europe but it's hard to do so with Italy so close by," he said. Hongseob nodded.