Chapter 1

The Hunter's Story

Woojin sat with Hongseob as he looked over the balcony of their hotel they were staying in. "Are you alright?" He asked. "I'll be fine," said Hongseob as he shrugged. "Just missing home," he said. "Yeah, we've been away from home for a year now," said Woojin as he sighed. "Life of international hunters eh?" Asked Hongseob as he moved away from the balcony. "We'll be home tomorrow," said Woojin. "Hopefully we'll be able to stay for longer this time," said Hongseob before he went inside. Woojin stayed out there for another few minutes before going inside.

"Do you miss home sometimes?" Asked Hongseob. "Where I came from or the pack?" Asked Woojin. "Where you came from," said Hongseob. "Sometimes," said Woojin. "I was a loner prior to meeting Daniel," he said. "I dealt with his insanity for 50 years," he said. "I heard," said Hongseob.

"I'm surprised you're so okay with this," said Woojin. "I had to watch my best friend find his mates in the same day," said Hongseob. "I know one day you'll find your pure blood mate," he said. "I've kept an open mind about these things," he said, shrugging. "I can tell," said Woojin.

"Well," said Hongseob. "Let's get packing and get ready for our flight then," he said. Woojin nodded and went to pack up, getting his things into his back pack. Hongseob went to pack his things and check his phone for any new messages.

"Anything new?" Asked Woojin as he came over and looked over Hongseob's shoulder. "Not really," said Hongseob. "But we'll be getting some visitors when we get back," he said. "Cory I'm guessing?" Asked Woojin. "Yeah, him, Sunggyu and Jisung," said Hongseob. "Ah, cool," said Woojin. "I can speak something other than Korean for once," he said in English. Hongseob let out a dramatic sigh as he turned and slapped Woojin on the shoulder. "To be fair I am getting better with my English," he said. Woojin chuckled and went to finish packing. Hongseob went to finish packing after replying to the chats he was in.

The next day they went to the airport, getting checked in and through security before going to wait at their gate. "I'm ready for another Italy run," Woojin said suddenly. "Ah, right we weren't on the last run were we?" Asked Hongseob. "No, but we're only called when they have rookies doing the runs," he said. "We're really proficient when keeping everything in budget," said Hongseob. "Yeah, I guess," said Woojin.

"At least the others manage to get jobs from Kris," said Hongseob. "Yeah, that is true," said Woojin. "We do manage our money really well since we have everyone on one giant account," he said. "I think we're the only pack that does this," said Hongseob. "When Jeonguk talked to other packs they just looked at him like he was crazy," he said.

"One day we'll be able to retire," said Woojin as he leaned back in his seat. "One day we'll be able to let others take our place as the top team in the world," said Hongseob as he nodded. "You'd be surprised, a lot of new teams are popping up," said Woojin as he chuckled some. "Someone will rise in our place soon enough," he said. When it came time for boarding they ran into some familiar faces.

"Ah, hyungs," said Hongseob as he grinned at Cory. "Hey there," said Cory as he smiled. "On the same flight then?" Woojin asked in English. "Yeah," said Sunggyu as they headed onto the plane. "Man, you got business class?" Asked Hongseob. "Economy?" Asked Cory. Woojin nodded. "For now," he said. "Well have fun then," said Jisung as they headed for their seats.

Once in South Korea Jeonguk came to get him in his truck, grinning and giving Cory a hug. "Welcome back Woojin, Hongseob, hey Cory, Sunggyu and Jisung," he said in English. "This isn't fair," whined Hongseob, causing Cory, Woojin and Jeonguk to laugh. "I am getting better with my English but come on," he said in English with a pout. "Well now you can practice even more," Jisung said with a laugh. They went to get their bags before Jeonguk drove them home.

"Welcome back guys!" Yelled Jinhong as he tackled Hongseob, making them tumble to the floor. "Jinhong can you not?" Asked Hongseob as he sighed halfheartedly, chuckling afterwards. Jinhong grinned before getting off of Hongseob and helping him stand. Changsun walked over, nodding to Hongseob and Woojin. "Welcome back guys," he said.

"How long are you guys around for this time?" Asked Jinhong. "Not sure," said Hongseob. "We'll need to see when they want us for an Italy run, they've gotten more rowdy lately," said Woojin.

"What's going on in Italy?" Asked Jeonguk. "We're not sure," said Hongseob. "A lot has been going on since the last run we were on and that was when we took some rookies in," he said. "I hope you can have some time to relax," said Jinhong. "You were gone for a year," he said. "When we went to turn in our missions in Berlin it seemed like that was the case," said Woojin. "We'll see what happens," said Hongseob.

"So erm, what are we discussing here?" Asked Sunggyu. "They're discussing stuff about Italy," said Cory. "Don't tell me we're going through another Youngjae and Jooheon?" Asked Jeonguk. "Sort of?" Asked Cory. Hongseob sighed. "Not this again," he said, chuckling some.

"How are they anyway?" Asked Jinhong. "Great," said Cory. "They wanted to come and visit with us but," he said, shrugging. "They had been called on a mission for Kris," he said. "It would've been cool to see them come along, we haven't been able to talk to them since Kisu went back to the states," said Jinhong. "Yeah," said Cory as he scratched the back of his head.

"Anyway," said Jeonguk as he spoke in English. "You three get the guest room, and Hongseob and Woojin, well you know where your room is," he said. Woojin nodded. "It's good to be home, really," he said. "Yeah, yeah it is," said Hongseob before he headed to his room with Woojin.

"Every time they come back they look more exhausted," remarked Cory. "Well, this one was one of their longest ones," said Jeonguk as he scratched the back of his head. "Going from the states to Europe then around Asia for a year," he said. "So much traveling," said Sunggyu. "Life of an international vampire hunter," said Jisung. "Hyunjin gets missions this long sometimes too," he said. "They need the break really," said Cory. "Hopefully they get it," said Jeonguk as he sighed.