Chapter 13

The Hunter's Story

After a couple days of finalizing plans Kyuhyun and his pack went to Southern Italy while everyone else made their way to Northern Italy, starting with the small towns around the border of Italy.

Woojin had gotten a rental car in the form of a 2 door Jeep and drove around the town that himself and Hongseob would start in, just to get a feel of the place. "We can use the next two days to rest and travel," said Woojin. "Perfect," said Hongseob. They would begin the attack at sundown, Hongseob sending the message of the time to begin the attacks.

After checking into a small inn Woojin and Hongseob went to explore the town on foot, taking in the sights and sounds of the small town. "Tell me why we decided to be the team to go along the coast again?" Asked Woojin. "We're the most experienced," said Hongseob as he shrugged. "Joshua and the others got their side, which is on the opposite side of the country here," he said. "True," said Woojin. "Remaining teams got the middle," he said. "And then we got Kyuhyun down south," he said. "Yep," said Hongseob.

Later that evening became a waiting game, as texts flooded in from everyone saying that they had found where the vampires were hiding in their respective towns. Woojin and Hongseob happened to find their vampires out in the open, but waited until the sun set before making their move.

For now they both sat on a bench, watching from a distance as they ate their dinner that consisted of just a couple sandwiches. "They haven't caught on yet have they?" Asked Hongseob. "No," said Woojin. "At least, it doesn't seem that way, they could be hiding that fact," he said.

As they finished their dinner the sun set, signaling that it was time. "Let's do this," said Woojin as he crumpled the wrapper in his fist, getting up and going to throw it away. Hongseob nodded and went to do the same before texting the go ahead. Once the confirmation had been received they both went to change, slowly going after their designated vampires from a distance once in wolf form.

Woojin and Hongseob used the shadows to their advantage as they both attacked as a team, taking out their vampires in waves. Once they were all in ashes Woojin and Hongseob shook out their fur, getting the ashes out of their fur. They both bared their teeth in smirks at each other before sprinting off, back to where they changed and changed back, putting on their clothes.

Hongseob checked his phone once he was dressed, to see how the other teams fared. "Success, success, success, success," he muttered as he scrolled through the chat. "Alright, we did it," he said, high fiveing Woojin before they headed back to the inn to get some rest.

Hongseob started a video call with Jeonguk who wanted to speak to him. "What's up?" He asked. "How are things?" Asked Jeonguk. "Good, things are finally under way," said Hongseob. "Good, stay safe," said Jeonguk. "Always," said Hongseob as he nodded.

"When did you guys get home?" He asked. "Just yesterday, when do you guys think you'll be done with this run?" Asked Jeonguk. "I don't know," said Hongseob as he sighed. "We'll get done with it when we get done with it," he said.

"We just got done with the first wave of attacks, it's still going to be a bit before we get to Rome," said Woojin as he came over. "It'll be a couple weeks at the most before we're done with Italy then we have to help out the rest of Europe," he said. "Be careful," said Jeonguk. "Always," said Woojin and Hongseob before Hongseob hung up.

"Well, they really weren't expecting us to leave so soon it seems," said Woojin. Hongseob snorts. "They knew," he said. "But I guess they weren't still expecting us to leave," he said. "We'll be retiring after this though," he said. Woojin hummed in response. "It'd be nice to," he said. "But that means someone else has to take our place," he said. "We'll find a team worthy of it," said Hongseob.

 

~



The next day they went to see if there was any real impact on the town since the vampires died and it seemed that everything was okay for the most part. More people were out today, something that wasn't a thing since yesterday and they kept an eye on the news.

Things seemed fine in other parts of Italy as they got texts flooding in from the other teams. "Well, we got this then," said Hongseob. "Yeah," said Woojin. "Let's go and get packed then," he said. "Tell the others that they need to leave their towns tomorrow," he said. "We'll be leaving tomorrow too, get ready to go to the next town," he said. Hongseob nodded and went to send the text, getting responses from the other teams.

After a few hours of browsing the town they headed back to the inn to pack up the jeep and get ready to go to the next town. They got dinner and paid for their stay before going to finish packing the jeep.

Donghun called while they were getting ready to leave, and Woojin took a few minutes to talk with him, sitting in the driver's seat of the jeep with Hongseob sitting in the passenger seat. "Hey Donghun," said Woojin. "Yo, good luck to you then," said Donghun. "Get back my home will you? I miss our fields," he said. "Will do," said Woojin.

"I'm going to laugh when you find your pure blood mate there," said Donghun. "Hey, I found my other mate before you did," Woojin said with a grin. "Maybe you'll find your pure blood mate before I do," he said. "Maybe," said Donghun. "I'll leave you be then, good luck and stay safe," he said. "Always," said Woojin as he nodded before hanging up.

"Well," said Hongseob. "Let's go then," he said. "Right," said Woojin as he started the jeep and drove off, heading to the next town.