Chapter 12

The Hunter's Story

A couple days later Woojin, Hongseob, Wonwoo, Dowoon, Jaehyun, Daniel and Wonpil headed into Berlin, each going with their own rental cars. It was time to plan, and the longer they waited the less time they had to get to the other parts of Europe. Chan was holding out pretty well, but they sent Renjun to Berlin to at least be somewhat safe so that Chan and his pack could focus solely on the vampires looming ever so closer to Paris.

Woojin entered the coffee shop with Hongseob, being the last team to enter since they let Wonwoo and the others go ahead of time. "Jinwoo, we got the remaining team, get the coffee," said Junhyuk as he went to get the coffees to the other tables. Jinwoo went to do so, and Woojin and Hongseob went to sit down at the table they saw all the team leaders at.

"Well, it's been a long time since we all came around like this," said Joshua as he shifted in his seat. "I can't believe I had to be dragged into this though," said Nickhun as he shrugged. "Well, you wanted to," said Woojin as he sat down beside Wonwoo. Hongseob sat beside him, grabbing his laptop and opening it, turning it on. "You were itching for an Italy run as much as I have you know that," said Kyuhyun as he chuckled some. "Let's get this meeting over with then," said Jaehyun as Jinwoo came around with their coffee.

"So," Hongseob said in English. "Everyone got a map of Italy?" He asked. When everyone nodded Hongseob continued. "We split everyone into groups," he said, pulling up a map and showing everyone how this worked. "So we attack from 2 sides," he said, opening up the map in paint and circling the Northern and Southern parts of Italy. "We have two major teams attack from the North and South, slowly making their way up to Rome," he said.

"This is a lot easier than it was in the 60's," said Joshua. "We had to send messengers from both sides to Rome and if they met up they'd trade places to go to their opposite sides," he said. "It worked for the most part," said Hongseob. "This is where Kyuhyun and his pack comes in," he said. "My pack is large enough to cover the southern part of Italy," said Kyuhyun. "I see why you needed me for this now," he said. "Right," said Woojin.

"The rest go North," said Hongseob. "We attack every 2 days, clearing out the towns along the way to Rome," he said. "After we clear out the Northern and Southern parts of Italy we pause for a week," he said. "Let it be random," he said. "Don't let them catch on," he said. "Once we're sure they haven't caught on yet we take on Rome," he said.

"Keep the group chat open," said Woojin. "We're going to need everyone in on this if we want this to work," he said. "Spread out and go," said Hongseob. "Have Kyuhyun and his pack take a plane and we'll take a train to Italy," he said.

"So who's going where?" Asked Taeyong. "I think we have enough teams for when we start this to cover all the cities up north," said Hongseob. "I'll get all my team leaders into Southern Italy," said Kyuhyun. "We'll get this over with then we'll sweep through the rest of Europe," he said. "Let's do this then," said Hongseob. "We'll head out in 2 days," he said.

"Get ready, prepare, and after this is all over I think it's time for us to retire," said Woojin. "Ah, yeah you guys have been doing a lot of Italy runs," said Kyuhyun. "It's about time a new team steps up to the plate as top team in the world," said Hongseob. "We're exhausted, never get to be home for more than a couple months at the most," he said, scratching the back of his head.

"International missions can really do a number on you," said Taeyong. "When was the last time you had a local mission?" Asked Kyuhyun. "A few years ago at least," said Hongseob. "Well, let's get this over with then," said Taeyong as he finished his coffee. "We'll see you out there then," said Joshua as he nodded.

"Well, I don't know about you," started Nickhun. "But if this happens there won't be anymore Italy runs until someone takes their place," he said. "That is true," said Sungjin who had been silent throughout the conversation. "But at least we get to relax a little now," he said. "Dunno about the Americans and Canadians but," he said, shrugging.

"We'll still have missions from what I understand," said Wonwoo. "But I hope that after this we'll get less missions," he said. "This will cause the vampires to be less active at least," said Woojin. "But I know we'll still get missions, we'll be without jobs if that wasn't the case," he said.

"Ah, I'm going to miss the annual Italy runs," said Moonbin as he chuckled some. "Got the chance to really test how rookies stood against one of the most powerful covens in the world," he said. "The only one that comes close to Italy's power is down in South Africa," he said, shrugging. "I know they won't do anything, I've already taken my pack through just to prove a point," he said.

"Well," said Woojin as he drank the rest of his coffee. "I guess this is it then, get your days of relaxing in, we're heading out in 2 days," he said. Everyone nodded and got up, going to the tables where the rest of their teams were waiting.

"Oh! Taeyong!" Hongseob called, causing Taeyong to walk back over. "Your new rookie team actually wanted to help us on this run," he said. "Really? That's new," said Taeyong. "They haven't been on an Italy run yet," he said. "But I know their teamwork is getting up there, almost matching Hoseok, Hyunjin and Doyoung's teamwork," he said. "It shocked us really, that they called," said Woojin as he chuckled some. "Sungyeol probably stopped by to talk since they live next door," Taeyong said with a shrug. "Probably," said Woojin.

"Did we make it too late?" Asked Daehyun as he entered the coffee shop in a hurry with Yoongi. "Well," said Woojin as he spotted Daehyun and Yoongi. "A little bit, but another team can fill you in," said Hongseob as he got up and closed his laptop. "We're going to explore a bit then," he said. "Be careful yeah? Chanwoo's been keeping tabs on the other vampires in Berlin," said Junhyuk. "Thanks for telling us," said Woojin before he left with Hongseob.