Chapter 3

The Hunter's Story

Woojin sighed as he looked up at the ceiling unable to sleep. Hongseob laid beside him, his soft breathing indicating that he was still asleep. Woojin let out a small groan and got up, leaving the room with his phone and going downstairs to get some water from the kitchen.

"You're up late," said Chani as he went into the kitchen, causing Woojin to jump. "Jesus," he said, turning and looking at Chani. "Sorry," said Chani as he scratched the back of his head. "It's alright and I guess, I can't sleep," said Woojin. "Stressed about this new information?" Asked Chani. Woojin nodded.

"You'll be alright," said Chani. "You did so many Italy runs," he said. "I know," said Woojin. "Do you miss sleeping sometimes?" He asked. "Sometimes," said Chani. "But I'm used to it now," he said. "Well, I'll leave you be then," he said before leaving the kitchen. Woojin let out a deep breath before turning back to the sink to get his glass of water before going back to his room.

Hongseob was awake and sitting up when Woojin came in. "You alright?" He asked. "Fine," said Woojin. "Just a bit wired due to the information on Italy," he said. "Yeah I know the feeling," said Hongseob as he laid back down. He grabbed his phone and looked at his messages with Woojin climbing into bed beside him.

"I still don't understand how even with Youngjae and Jooheon gone you still stay in the smallest room in the house," said Woojin, causing Hongseob to chuckle. "Well," said Hongseob. "I never had to share the room before, besides we're rarely here so," he said, shrugging. "I guess," said Woojin.

The next day Woojin and Hongseob were video chatting with Daniel and Jaehyun who were the first people to get the information. "This is bull crap," said Daniel as he sighed. "Yeah well, there's not much we can do about it right now," said Woojin as he sighed.

"So what's going to happen?" Asked Jaehyun. "Honestly, I think we're going to need all the teams for this one," said Hongseob. "Let's exterminate the rest of Italy once and for all," he said. "Do you think it'll come to that?" Asked Woojin. "It might," said Hongseob. "Call all existing teams? That's going to take a while," said Daniel. "I think we might have to do it though," said Jaehyun.

"Well, we need to go," said Woojin as he scratched the back of his head. "We'll be waiting on the response from the others," he said. "Alright, we'll be planning here and we'll get back to you when you got a plan worked out," said Daniel. "Alright," said Woojin before he hung up.

"This is going to be so stressful," Hongseob said, sighing. "Yeah well," said Woojin as he shook his head. "We can count on a few people having our back and leading other teams," he said. "True," said Hongseob. "Well, let's go check on the others," he said before getting up and leaving the room. Woojin followed after him.

"Enjoy your conversation?" Asked Jeonguk as he spotted Hongseob and Woojin. Hongseob hummed in response. Woojin shrugged. "I guess," he said. "We'll be leaving soon then," said Cory. "We're needed in the states again," he said. "Alright, next time you come for a visit you better bring Youngjae and Jooheon along," Hongseob said with a chuckle. Cory chuckled. "Sure, and now you'll understand most of their conversations," he said. Hongseob nodded. Jisung chuckled. "If you see Hyunjin on your next hunts tell him I said hi," he said. "Sure," said Woojin. "We'll see you around then," said Sunggyu before he left with Jisung and Cory, with Jeonguk taking them to the airport.

Woojin and Hongseob went down to the local market with Changsun, Jinhong, Jaemin and Chani since it was Jinhong's turn to cook dinner. "I was thinking stir fry," said Jinhong as he went from stall to stall to get what he wanted. "I'm fine with that," said Changsun. "Sure," said Woojin and Hongseob. "Stir fry seems nice," said Jaemin. Chani hummed in response. "Stir fry it is," said Jinhong as he went to get whatever else he needed. Changsun and Woojin carried the stuff home and Jinhong went into the kitchen to prep dinner.

"Oh, did you hear about the new pack that moved to Busan?" Asked Changsun as Woojin and Hongseob went to do laundry. "What?" Asked Woojin as he turned to Changsun. "A new pack huh?" He asked. "Yeah," said Changsun. "We got visited by their alpha a few weeks ago since they wanted to let us know they were there," he said.

"Who's the alpha?" Asked Hongseob. "Someone named Donghun," said Changsun. "God damn it," said Woojin as he laughs. "Well, I didn't expect my brother to be here," he said. "Your brother finally shows up after so long eh?" Asked Hongseob as he grinned. "Don't worry about Donghun, he's a good guy," said Woojin as he turned back to throwing clothes in the washer.

"Donghun's my older brother, we visited him the last time we were in the U.K.," he said when Changsun gave him a questioning look. "I kept telling him to come for a visit sometime but I didn't think he'd actually move here," he said. "Don't worry though, he won't be much of a bother," he added. "Donghun's a big softy despite his alpha exterior," Hongseob said with a snicker.

"Funny thing is, we're complete opposites," said Woojin as he closed the washer door and started the washer. "I'm the hunter in the family and he's not, he's alpha and I'm not," he said, shrugging. "He works for Kris while I hunt vampires," he said. "Donghun's actually one of the more known employees for Kris while I'm the most well known vampire hunter in the world, or at least one of them," he said.

"Is he without his mate too?" Asked Changsun. Woojin nodded. "But he's fine with it," he said. "He's happy I found Hongseob though," he said. "Threatened to kill me if I did something wrong but," Hongseob said with a chuckle. "It didn't work out too well when Jason and Jun ruined the moment," he said. Changsun chuckled.