Chapter 7

The Hunter's Story

Things changed when Chanwoo finally called, waking Hongseob and Woojin at 4 A.M. Woojin went to answer the call, sitting down at the desk and answering it, grumbling slightly about time zones. "What's up?" He asked, not looking at the name. "Ah, sorry did I wake you?" Came Chanwoo's voice. That woke Woojin up quite a bit as he blinked. "Oh, no we're fine," he said.

"We can't make it for this run," said Chanwoo. "Damn," said Woojin. "Berlin's under a lot of pressure and I know Paris is too," said Chanwoo. "Luckily though you might get an answer from Kyuhyun soon," he said. "We were counting on him to be here for this run," said Woojin. "At least, since we've heard from just about everyone by now, still waiting on a few other teams to respond," he said.

"Chani's going after those who are on missions right now but we aren't even sure if there are any," he said. "I'm sure there are," said Chanwoo. "I'll be sure to get Moonbin in on this, you'll hear from him before you hear from Kyuhyun," he said. "Alright," said Woojin. "Stay safe over there, and tell Jinwoo to stop slacking," he said, chuckling some. Chanwoo laughs. "I will," he said before hanging up.

"Berlin's under pressure huh?" Asked Hongseob as he rolled over to look at Woojin. "Yeah," said Woojin as he sighed. "I imagine once we exterminate the vampires in Italy it'll be a breeze to get to the others," he said. "Come back to bed," grumbled Hongseob. "We can wait on Kyuhyun and the others later," he said. "Sure," said Woojin as he chuckled slightly. He went back to bed, with Hongseob hugging him from behind.

They were woken up later by Changsun who came to tell them to come get lunch. "Did we really sleep most of the morning?" Asked Woojin as he sat up. "Apparently," said Hongseob as he sat up and stretched. "Well, let's get lunch then," he said, getting up and leaving the room.

After lunch Hongseob went out with Changsun, who wanted to spend some time with his best friend. "We haven't spent much time together since you got back," was Changsun's reasoning behind it. Woojin let him go, saying that they both needed a break from everything for a few hours.

That was how Hongseob found himself jogging with Changsun, going around town. "Ah, I missed doing this," said Hongseob as he kept pace with Changsun. "I figured you'd wanted to do this for a bit," said Changsun. "It does keep your mind clear," he said.

They ran for an hour until Hongseob got a text telling him they were both needed back at the house. "Well, let's go then," said Changsun before they headed back.

"Ah, it's Moonbin for you," Jeonguk said to Hongseob once they entered the house. "And it's your turn to do laundry," he said to Changsun. Hongseob ran upstairs to see what was going on with Moonbin.

"Ah, here he is," said Moonbin once Hongseob ran into the room. "Hey," said Hongseob as he went to sit beside Woojin. "We'll definitely make it for this run," said Moonbin. "Have you tried to contact Nickhun and his pack yet?" He asked. "We haven't heard a word from that part of Asia yet," said Woojin. "You know they're in a place not easily reached," he said. "I'm sure you'll be hearing from them soon, Chani and his coven are doing a good job at getting the right people," said Moonbin.

"Do you know where their last known location is?" Asked Woojin. "Laos," said Moonbin. "I know that's very vague but I do keep in touch with them even if they contact me by just saying hello," he said. "When was the last time you were contacted by them?" Asked Woojin. "Last month," said Moonbin as he shrugged.

Another call popped up and Woojin blinked before answering it. "Hello?" He asked. "You have some nerve sending a vampire and a wolf here to tell us Italy is being troublesome," said Nickhun as the camera appeared, showing him sitting with Chani and Jaemin who wave sheepishly at the camera.

"Ah! Nickhun!" Said Hongseob. "Oh, it's you kid," said Nickhun as he chuckled some. "You know him?" Asked Woojin. "He was with us on my first and most famous Italy run," said Hongseob. "Ah, yeah I remember now," said Moonbin. "Hello Nickhun," he said. "Hello Moonbin, I'm not just sending a text message randomly out of the blue saying hello this time," Nickhun said with a chuckle.

"Joining us for this one?" Asked Woojin. "Hell yes," said Nickhun. "I have been dying for an Italy run, and my pack have been getting restless," he said. "Doing the same strategy I'm guessing?" He asked. "Yes," said Hongseob. "But this time we have a few more teams with us, it all banks on Kyuhyun answering now," he said. "Ah, my twin? Come on man you know he'll be up for an Italy run," said Nickhun.

"Easy for you to say, he's been sort of MIA for a bit since this whole thing started," said Moonbin. "I'll contact the idiot, you'll get his answer in no less than 2 days," said Nickhun. "Now, I have to go and get the pack together, send that email out when you're about to head out," he said before hanging up.

"Well, that was easier than I thought," said Woojin. "Leave it to Chani to find him," Hongseob said with a snicker. "Well, I'll leave you to it then," said Moonbin. "Good luck with it, we'll meet you whenever I feel like we're ready for this," said Hongseob. Moonbin nodded before hanging up.

"God damn," said Woojin as he turned to Hongseob. "How do you know Nickhun so well?" He asked. "I was dragged along after meeting him," Hongseob said with a shrug. "I helped out on one Italy run and we became sort of friends afterwards," he said. "Well, it's our turn to start dinner so let's go and start it then," he said before getting up and leaving the room. Woojin got up and followed after him.