Chapter 15

The Hunter's Story

Woojin and Hongseob were getting ready to pack up the next day when a Skype call came through on Hongseob's laptop. Hongseob went to answer it. "What's up?" He asked. "You wanted to talk to me?" Asked Donghun. 

"Ah," said Woojin as he went to sit beside Hongseob. "I was wondering if there was something else besides you wanting your territory back," he said. "This determines how important it is to get to the U.K. before we go after the other territories that belong to hunters," he said. "Ah, there isn't anything else at home," said Donghun. "Can we talk to the others?" Asked Woojin. "Sure, Jun come here," called Donghun before he got up with Jun taking his place.

"What's up?" Asked Jun. "Is Donghun out of the room?" Asked Woojin. Jun nodded. "Is there anyone waiting for you guys back home?" Asked Woojin. "Yes," Jun said after a few minutes. "A human, though the last time we checked she seems fine," he said. "What's so special about this human?" Asked Woojin. "She's not Donghun's mate or anything," said Jun. "She was rescued by Donghun a few weeks before we got run out," he said. "Rescued from what?" Asked Woojin. "Vampires, she was one of the people that were part of a big blood den," said Jun. A growl erupted from Woojin and Hongseob, causing Jun to take a generous step back.

"You just left her there?" Asked Woojin. "She didn't have any papers or anything, we wouldn't've been able to get her out of the country," said Jun. "You idiot," spat Woojin. "You could've gotten her papers and such to get out," he said. "She'd've been better off safer in Berlin than the U.K. right now at least," he said.

"We need to have a meeting with all the teams," Hongseob said suddenly. "This is contingent of Donghun really wanting his territory back, he's not a hunter," he said. "Otherwise we're leaving the U.K. to become the next Italy," he said. "Right, we can't really take back the U.K. unless Donghun says it's okay," said Woojin. "If he really wants his home back then we'll get it back but," he said, shrugging. Hongseob quickly got all team leaders into the call, filling them in on what was going on.

"Oh really now?" Asked Moonbin. "Could've easily literally called me and I would've gotten her papers to get her out," he said. "I don't know what Donghun was thinking but," Jun said, shrugging. "Get the idiot in here, this is really serious if this girl was rescued from a blood den," said Taeyong. "We just had to deal with one," said Woojin. "Luckily things seem fine now but," he said, sighing a bit. Jun went to get Donghun, as everyone debated amongst themselves about what to do.

"Seriously bro," said Woojin once Donghun came into view. "How badly do you want your territory back?" He asked. "Very," said Donghun. "Is this for the girl or for your territory?" Asked Woojin. "What kind of question is that?" Asked Donghun. "A very serious one," said Kyuhyun. "We need to determine how important this territory is," he said.

"Don't let alpha pride cloud your judgement hyung," said Woojin. "You have your chance to get help, if you really want it," he said. "Otherwise we're leaving the U.K. to become the next Italy," he said.

"I think you would know my decision here," Donghun said after a few minutes. "For the girl then?" Asked Woojin. Donghun nodded. "You seem to understand how broken humans are after being rescued from a blood den," said Taeyong. "Most don't," said Woojin. "But as my reputation grew he started to learn about what I lengths I did for my hunts, including him seeing many humans I had to take to his house to ensure safety until we could move them," he said.

"Ah yeah, Britain was famous for their blood dens, especially in London," said Kyuhyun. "I'm sorry to cut in since my English still isn't that good but what was the decision?" Asked Hongseob. "We're taking back England," said Woojin. Hongseob nodded. "We're still a few weeks away from that," he said. "No worries, I just need to know if she's okay," said Donghun.

"What's her name?" Asked Moonbin. "Luna," said Donghun. "Wait," said Taeyong. Woojin blinked. "Which blood den did you take her from?" He asked. "The one in the center of London," said Donghun. "You idiot," growled Woojin. "You had to take her from one of the biggest blood dens in the country, are you stupid?" Asked Moonbin. "Now you might have the entire population of the U.K.'s vampires looking for her," he said, sighing as he went to make some phone calls, leaving the call.

Joshua let out a deep sigh as he shook his head. "Well, you done goofed," he said. "Even I wouldn't go as far as doing that," said Wonwoo. "Well, we may need to up the ante a bit and finish this run quickly," said Taeyong. "No need," said Woojin as he got a text. "Chan and the others are on their way there now, Paris is all clear," he said. "At least, for the time being," he said.

"They can stall for a bit while we get the rest of Italy cleared," said Kyuhyun. "I had to leave a quarter of my pack at home to take care of any stray leeches while I left another quarter of my pack in Paris, I can't afford to send anymore out at this point," he said. "No worries," said Woojin.

"We'll clear everything out then get the rest of Europe," said Sungjin. "I think at that point the rest of Europe would be pretty much clear," said Daehyun. "We need to prepare for anything at this point," said Wonwoo.

"That settles it," said Woojin. "Finish off Italy then go for the rest of Europe, the U.K. being top priority," he said. "Everyone okay with that?" He asked. When everyone nodded Woojin hung up the call with the team leaders, leaving the call he had up with Donghun as he and Hongseob went to finish packing.

"Thanks, for understanding," said Donghun. "All vampire hunters understand the aftermath of blood dens," said Woojin. "You're lucky you got to us in time before anything happened," he said. "You're lucky Woojin is so understanding," said Hongseob. "I guess your right at that," said Woojin as he sighed a bit.

"We're complete opposites, I think if we weren't blood related you wouldn't've stepped out of your way to help," said Donghun. "You would've been just another territory to us," said Woojin. "So yeah, pretty much," he said. "We'll see you after all this is done then," he said. "Yeah, thanks for doing this again," said Donghun. "No problem," said Woojin before Donghun hung up.

"Well," said Hongseob. "Let's go then," he said after he went to shut down the laptop and pack it up. "To another successful run then," said Woojin as he left the inn with Hongseob after grabbing their bags and heading to the next town.