chapter 8

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the concert, all of the members decided to go out to eat together as a group to celebrate their performance. They decided on a nice restaurant that was about twenty minutes from their dorm in Seoul, but Donghae wanted to head home.

"I'm just not feeling well, I'll be fine on my own for a little while," he told everyone, but their concern for the brunet didn't dissipate. "I just want to get some rest."

This seemed to calm the nerves of the members, so they all piled into one of the vans, but a certain blond stayed behind. 

"Let me come with you," Hyukjae offered, reaching out for the younger but Donghae stepped back.

"Don't."

Hyukjae sighed. "I'd feel much happier if I went home too so I can take care of you."

Donghae shook his head and gave the blond a reassuring smile, but it didn't reach his eyes. "Don't worry. Just go ahead."

"Donghae --"

"I don't want you to miss out on a night of fun with the others just because of me," the younger insisted.

Hyukjae shook his head. "I wouldn't mind --" he was stopped when a soft pair of lips met his own, lingering there for just a moment and then the tender feeling was gone just as fast as it came.

"Just go ahead, okay? I'll be fine," Donghae promised.

Hyukjae frowned at the brunet but nodded. "Alright," he mumbled. "I'll see you when we get back, okay?"

"Have fun," Donghae called before climbing into the other van to be driven back to the dorm. He waved at Hyukjae through the window before the black van pulled away from the curb. Hyukjae's eyes followed the van all the way down the road until it turned a corner and was out of sight.

"Love you," the blond whispered before joining the rest of the members in the other van. He was seated on the end with Kyuhyun on his left, and Sungmin sitting on the other side of Kyuhyun.

"That was a really dumb idea," Kyuhyun whispered to the blond dancer. "Somebody could have seen you."

Hyukjae bit his lip to try and suppress his smile. "Actually... of course I want to talk to Donghae about it first, but I think I want us to come out to everyone," he whispered back.

Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows. "Really? When?"

Hyukjae shrugged. "I'm not sure yet. Soon, I hope."

***

"Donghae, we're back," Hyukjae called. "And you locked the door again." He could hear some muffled sounds from inside the dorm room but he couldn't comprehend what they were.

"I don't want you to come in," Donghae whimpered from inside.

"Are you feeling okay? Please Donghae, let me in," the blond requested, leaning his forehead against the door with his hand rested on the door handle.

"No."

"Why not?" Hyukjae asked, upset.

"I don't want you to. Go away," Donghae said, and Hyukjae could practically hear the pout on the younger's face.

"Are you upset with me? Did I do something wrong?" Hyukjae asked nervously. He couldn't remember the last time he had done something to hurt the brunet, so he was sure that wasn't it. But Donghae wouldn't even answer this time.

He sighed in frustration before heading into the living room and falling lazily onto the couch next to Kyuhyun. The other members were nowhere to be found.

"You okay?" The youngest asked, eyeing the blond next to him.

Hyukjae shook his head. "Donghae's been acting... weird. It's like he's avoiding me or something. He won't even let me inside our room."

"Did you guys have a fight?" Kyuhyun wondered.

The older shook his head again. "I've never fought with him or even said anything negative to him," he replied truthfully. "I've never had a reason to, but even if I did I wouldn't do something like that because I don't want to hurt him. But I just don't understand why he's being so distant all of a sudden."

The two sat there in silence for a moment, both deep in thought. Kyuhyun then spoke up and asked "Do you want me to try and talk to him?"

Hyukjae shrugged. "Sure, I guess. Go ahead," he said, indifferent.

Kyuhyun hummed as a reply before getting up and heading to the couple's dorm room and knocking on the door. "I told you to go away," Donghae called from inside.

"It's Kyuhyun," the youngest replied. "I just want to talk to you. Can you open the door for me?"

There was a pause for a minute, and Kyuhyun wasn't sure if he should just leave Donghae alone or be persistent until he lets him in.

"Is Hyukjae there with you?" Donghae asked quietly, and it sounded like he was closer to the door now.

Kyuhyun shook his head although the older boy wouldn't be able to see. "It's just me," he said.

There was another pause before Kyuhyun heard the soft click of the door unlocking and it was pulled open in front of him. He was met with a very fragile looking brunet with tear-stained cheeks and bloodshot eyes, Donghae's bottom lip trembling as if he was about to start crying again.

He had never seen Donghae this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter