chapter 13

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had only been a few hours since the concert ended. The members were back in their dorm, most of them already fast asleep because of how tiring the day had been.

Hyukjae and Donghae were snuggled up in their bed, Hyukjae's arm wrapped securely around the brunet's shoulders while Donghae clung to his boyfriend's waist.

Hyukjae was practically in dreamland already, but Donghae was wide awake. He couldn't stop thinking about their announcement and all of the sweet words the older had said about them, even though he had barely scratched the surface of what their relationship really meant. 

They had really done it -- no, Hyukjae had done it -- and now the whole world knew the truth about who they really were. They didn't have to hide anymore. They were free to be themselves.

Donghae had wanted to go online and see what the media and their fans had to say. But Hyukjae wouldn't allow it. He had taken both of their phones and shoved them into a random desk drawer, saying that at least for tonight, they shouldn't worry about what everyone had to say.

Donghae was reluctant at first, but eventually he did agree with his boyfriend. He didn't know what would happen next, but if they had one last opportunity to shut the world out and focus on themselves, he surely was going to take it.

He wondered what Hyukjae had been thinking after the concert. The blond was happy, without a doubt, but there were moments of absentmindedness, where Hyukjae seemed to be distracted by his own thoughts.

Donghae could feel that his boyfriend knew something. Hyukjae was aware of their future already, as if he had been warned about what the next few days would hold.

It scared the out of him. Hyukjae knew something that he didn't, that still involved them both, and it stirred something in Donghae. But he didn't know if it was good or bad. He didn't know if Hyukjae was protecting him, or if it was something more. 

Donghae was torn from his thoughts when he heard an incessant buzzing sound. It was soft and he concluded that it was one of their cell phones. 

He took a quick glance to his boyfriend to make sure he was asleep before carefully slipping from the strong arm's hold in search of the phone.

The brunet didn't notice Hyukjae's eyes slowly open, or the small smile that made its way onto his lips as the brown eyes followed his boyfriend. Hyukjae pulled the blanket tighter around himself as he watched the brunet cutely searching for something.

Donghae grinned proudly when he found the source of the annoying sound and pulled it from the drawer.

"Hae, what are you doing?" the older of the two asked sleepily, causing the brunet to almost drop the cell phone. "I thought we agreed we won't look at anything until tomorrow."

"Your phone," Donghae whispered and held the device out for his boyfriend. "Your mother is calling."

Hyukjae quickly answered the call. "Hey mom," he greeted, and he couldn't fight the smile on his face from widening a bit. "Why are you calling so late?"

"Hi honey, I just wanted to talk with you," his mother replied. "I saw videos of your concert tonight."

"Y-You did? We, uh... e-everything?" Hyukjae stuttered. "You s-saw all of it?"

"I did. I'm so proud of you honey," Mrs. Lee cooed. "Are you and Donghae busy tomorrow?"

"We have no schedules but... Mom, I'm really --"

"Good, then we'll have a dinner with both families, yes? Your father and I would be delighted to have everyone together in our home again," Mrs. Lee continued, completely ignoring her son's stutters. "Especially under such special circumstances."

"Mom, hold on a second. Don't you want us to tell --"

"We'll discuss everything tomorrow dear. Say hello and congratulations to Donghae for us. Your father and I are so proud."

Hyukjae chewed his lip. "Okay Mom, we'll see you tomorrow. Goodnight."

The blond sat up and ruffled his hair, and Donghae didn't miss the distress that was taking over his boyfriend's features. Hyukjae returned his phone to the drawer with the other one. "Hyukkie, are you okay?" the brunet asked carefully.

Hyukjae crawled back into bed, dragging Donghae with him and securing his boyfriend back in his arms once again. He softly pecked the younger's lips before he spoke. "My parents saw our announcement," he revealed, and he felt Donghae tense a bit. Hyukjae began to the brunet hair to calm his boyfriend down. "I don't think they're upset. But my mother wants both of our families to have dinner together tomorrow. I'm sure they'll want to talk to us about it, and hear everything from us in person."

Donghae buried his face in the blond's chest and smiled contentedly from the gentle, soothing touches. "We should have told our families first," he mumbled.

Hyukjae nodded in agreement, but he didn't want to say anything more about it. "Did you sleep at all before my phone started to buzz?" he asked, nuzz

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter