chapter 16

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae groaned and rolled onto his side after very carefully releasing his hold around an adorable sleeping brunet. He wondered why somebody would be texting him at such an outrageous hour. All he wanted was to sleep just a little bit more.

[Teuk: you need to come to my room right now. it's number 143. we need to talk. and hurry.]

Hyukjae groaned again, thinking it absolutely ridiculous that Leeteuk wanted him to be awake at -- Hyukjae glanced at the clock -- 9:15 in the morning. So it wasn't that early. But the last few days had been pretty rough on Donghae and himself, and he thought the members would understand that the couple really needed few extra hours of sleep.

Apparently not.

He wondered what could be so important that it needed to be addressed when instead he could be getting his beauty rest.

Bloody hell Hyukjae, you're starting to sound like Heechul, he scolded himself.

Hyukjae literally dragged himself down the hallway to the correct hotel room, eyes still half-shut and the rest of his body still in sleep mode. He had the legs of a dancer and yet they had never moved so slowly. The bright sun shining through the hotel's windows did nothing to wake the blond up more.

Hyukjae lazily knocked on the door, praying that Leeteuk had fallen asleep or something so that he could go back to his own room and sleep next to Donghae some more.

Unfortunately, Leeteuk was at the door within seconds, pulling the still exhausted blond inside the hotel room before letting the door fall shut awfully quickly.

"Hyukjae--"

"What's going on?" the blond interrupted as he rubbed his eyes. "You woke me up."

"I know, and I'm sorry. But forget that, we need to be quick about this," Leeteuk said.

"What's the matter?" Hyukjae asked, feeling a bit more awake as he noticed how alarmed his leader looked.

"It's about you and Donghae."

Hyukjae rolled his eyes. "Obviously." He instantly regretted the tone he used once he saw the slight hurt in Leeteuk's eyes, but the dancer blamed his tiredness for the attitude.

Leeteuk sighed, choosing to ignore the sassy remark. "They put you two in the same hotel room so they could spy on you," he revealed. "There's a camera hidden somewhere in your hotel room."

Hyukjae huffed. "And?"

"I don't know how to tell you this. I don't know how we're going to tell Donghae either," Leeteuk mumbled, clearly worried.

"What is it?"

"They're separating you two. Today. You're not going to see each other for quite a while."

Hyukjae chewed his lip. He felt as though he knew what was coming, but he didn't want to believe it just yet. "What is it?" he asked again, much softer this time.

"You're going to enlist," the leader whispered.

"The army?" Hyukjae shrieked, and Leeteuk motioned for him to quiet down.

"SM will be having you enlist tomorrow--"

"Tomorrow?" Hyukjae whisper-shouted. "That's too soon, I don't know how I'm going to tell Hae. Teuk, he's going to freak out--"

"His enlistment is on Thursday."

"His birthday? Please tell me you're joking."

Leeteuk frowned. "I wish I was."

Hyukjae gripped his blond hair in frustration, trying to fight back tears. "This can't be happening, there's no way Donghae will be able to handle it. We have to do something."

Leeteuk shook his head. "There's nothing we can do. But you need to go talk to him now. The managers will be coming to get you at 9:30."

Hyukjae thought he would faint right there. "That's less than ten minutes!" he squeaked, bolting out of the door and down the hallway toward his shared hotel room. "Hae, open up!" he shouted, knocking on the door. "Baby, wake up and let me in please! Donghae!" he called frantically.

He was about to give up, still unsure of how he was supposed to get inside. Running down to the lobby and asking for another key would take way too much time.

But then he heard a soft, sleepy voice from inside. "Hyukkie?"

"Yes, it's me. Open the door please."

The door opened to reveal a still half-asleep Donghae, rubbing his eyes cutely. Hyukjae sighed and closed the door, making sure to keep it locked. "Come here," he whispered, opening his arms so that he could hold his baby. Donghae quickly snuggled into the bond's embrace, and Hyukjae was so distracted by how adorable his sleepy boyfriend looked, that for a few seconds he decide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter