chapter 12

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first half of the concert went perfectly. All of the members put all of their energy into every song, and the entire arena was buzzing with an excitement that had everyone on the edge of their seats, waiting for...

Well, they didn't know.

The arena was packed, tickets for the concert selling out in record time. Hyukjae swore that every fan in attendance was carrying one of their sapphire-blue lightsticks, and seeing the ocean of sapphire-blue in front of him eased his nerves that much more.

No, he wasn't nervous about coming out after all these years. That was the easy part, he had admitted to himself and the others. He was nervous about the result. What people would say about him and Donghae.

He knew there would be plenty of negative comments. He had reminded himself of this fact every chance he got, just so he could prepare for it and not let his guard down in front of everyone. They'd love to see him break, and he wouldn't allow it. 

Though he was curious to see how far people would go. Not that he wanted to hear these things at all, but he wondered how harsh they would be after hearing the couple's words.

Despite everything, he had to be strong. For himself, and for Donghae. He didn't want to think like this, but he knew Donghae wouldn't be ready for the bad comments, no matter how much the brunet insisted that he would be okay.

Hyukjae knew that he would not be okay, and he promised himself that he would protect and comfort and simply love Donghae with everything he could offer when the younger needed it most.

"Hyukjae, I think you need to go talk to Donghae," Ryeowook whispered, keeping his voice hushed so none of the managers would hear. "He's crying in his dressing room."

The members were taking their twenty minute break backstage before beginning the second half of the show, but one of them had snuck away. Hyukjae, of course, had noticed his boyfriend's absence immediately, but he didn't want to raise any suspicion, although they were so close to the most important part of the night.

He practically flew down the hallway to the dressing room where Donghae was, entering quietly and locking the door behind him. Donghae was sitting in his chair, staring at himself in the mirror with tears streaming down his face.

"Donghae," the blond whispered, his boyfriend immediately reacting to his voice. Donghae hopped off of his chair and threw himself into Hyukjae's arms as soon as he crossed the floor. "Talk to me baby. Tell me what's bothering you."

"I'm scared," the brunet whimpered, trying his best not to get tear stains or makeup on Hyukjae's clothing, hut neither of them really cared. "Hyukkie, I don't think we should do it."

"Hae," the older of the two cooed, cradling his love's face in his hands, "there's nothing to be afraid of. I promised that I will protect you from anything bad that they have to say. Focus on the good, okay?" He softly pecked Donghae's trembling lips before the brunet spoke.

"You promise you will stay with me? Even if they try to change your mind about... us?"

Hyukjae let out a small laugh. "They could never change my mind about us. You know I love you with all my heart. Of course I promise I will stay with you. Nothing they do can separate you and me."

"I think I want you to say everything," Donghae decided, resting his cheek on the bond's shoulder. "I'm too nervous to talk to all of them about it. Is that okay?"

"Anything you want," Hyukjae said. "You don't have to say a word. Just stand up there and look beautiful. But that won't be too difficult for you, you're a natural at it," he added quietly, prompting Donghae to giggle and roll his eyes at his cheesy boyfriend.

Donghae sighed. "I love you."

"I love you more," the older whispered, bringing Donghae's face closer to his and allowing their lips to meet tenderly.

The kiss was soft and slow, just how Donghae liked it. Hyukjae was always gentle with him, and his actions always displayed his love for the younger. Hyukjae was so affectionate towards Donghae, always making sure his boyfriend knew that he was loved and will be loved forever.

Donghae's hands gripped the front of the bond's shirt and he slightly nibbled on the plump lips, feeling Hyukjae smile into the kiss and his hands slipped around the younger's waist. They soon pulled away -- because although they loved each other, they both also loved being able to breathe -- but not without a quick peck on Donghae's forehead.

There was a knock on the door and Heechul warned them that they had five minutes until they went back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter