chapter 10

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So when are you going to tell the fans?" Leeteuk asked, none of the members taking notice of how the pair stiffened.

"We haven't really talked about that yet," Hyukjae answered honestly. "Our main priority was coming out to you guys first."

Donghae smiled and took his hand. "I'd like to announce it soon though. When we were on the roof we promised not to keep any more secrets from anyone."

"I plan to keep that promise," Hyukjae said and squeezed his boyfriend's hand. "I'm just not sure how soon I want us to announce it. I'm sure the media won't take it lightly, for a number of reasons."

Everyone seemed to agree. "Well, whatever they say, good or bad, we'll back you up. We're here for you," Heechul promised.

"It's like you said, we're brothers," Sungmin added.

There was a minute of silence and everyone just sat there, looking at each other, before Ryeowook spoke up. "So tell us everything! How did you confess? Who confessed? Where was your first date? Where was your first kiss? Who said 'I love you' first --"

"Ryeowook, calm down," Kangin muttered, patting Ryeowook's thigh.

"I confessed," Hyukjae revealed with a smile. "It wasn't even intentional. I thought Donghae was sleeping and I was kind of just talking to him about my feelings thinking he wouldn't hear me. But he did."

"It made me really happy to finally realize that he felt exactly the way I did. It's almost... I can't really describe it, even five years later." Donghae beamed and leaned more into his boyfriend's embrace.

"First kiss?" Ryeowook asked excitedly.

"On our first date," Donghae began. "Three nights after Hyukjae's confession, we actually snuck out of the dorm in the middle of the night."

*Five Years Ago*

At last, tomorrow would be one of the rare days during the year when the members would have a break from their schedules. Nobody had anything to do, and they could all just stay in the dorm the entire day.

"Donghae, wake up," Hyukjae whispered, lightly poking the brunet boy's shoulder. "Wake up please."

He watched as the younger rolled over away from his touch and buried his face in the pillow, clutching the blanket in his small fists. A soft whine escaped Donghae's lips when Hyukjae poked him again, this time effectively waking him up.

He had to admit that Donghae was adorable when he was waking up. He inwardly cooed at the cuteness and decided that he wanted to see Donghae wake up every morning from now on.

The younger boy rubbed his eyes, an adorable pout on his face. He looked up and that pout was instantly replaced with a sweet smile. "Hyukkie?"

"It's me," Hyukjae replied, returning the smile. "Get up, let's go out for a little bit."

Donghae blinked in confusion. "Go out? Right now? It's barely one o'clock in the morning."

"I know. Come on," the blond whispered, taking Donghae's hands and carefully pulling him out of bed. "We won't be gone for long."

"Okay," the brunet agreed. "But why?"

Hyukjae chose to ignore his question and instead fiddled with the door handle, looking at Donghae expectantly with eyebrows slightly raised and a playful glint in his eyes. Donghae blinked at the older and he quickly slipped on a hoodie over his t-shirt.  Hyukjae then took his hand, the pair quietly making their way out of the dorm, being sure they wouldn't wake the other members.

Once they were outside of the building, Hyukjae suddenly stopped and looked down. They were still holding hands. He smiled softly and looked back up at Donghae. "Do you want something to eat?" he asked. The brunet simply shook his head.

The city was dark of course. Hardly anyone was out this late at night, which made things so much easier for the pair. All Hyukjae wanted was for tonight to be perfect for Donghae. Because Donghae is perfect. And Hyukjae wants to give him the world.

He hopes that one day he would really be able to.

"So where are we going?" Donghae wondered as they were walking down the street. He could barely speak properly, as he was too focused on the way his fingers were interlocked with Hyukjae's, and how the blond would squeeze his hand softly from time to time. It made his head go crazy and his heart beat faster, a light blush rising on his cheeks that he hoped Hyukjae wouldn't be able to see in the dark of the night.

"I just wanted to go to the park for a few hours," Hyukjae said, giving the brunet another gentle squeeze that sent Donghae's heart into a frenzy of flutters. He looked up and saw how the blond was staring at him -- literally staring -- and the tender look of admiration in Hyukjae's eyes brought back the blush just as soon as it had left.

"That would be nice," Donghae decided and couldn't help the smile that spread across his lips in anticipation. Finally, after all this time they could just be alone together. No schedules to worry about, no other people to worry about. It's just the two of them for the first time in forever.

Donghae was led by the blond down one of the few paths in the park, stopping where the path ended next to the pond on the eastern side of the park. It was a nice spot for people who just wanted to be alone, hidden away by the trees with a wooden bench that sat facing the pond.

"Right here," Hyukjae muttered, releasing the younger boy's hand and moving to stand behind him. His hands made their way to Donghae's hips, rubbing them affectionately before his arms wrapped around the slim waist. "Look up," Hyukjae whispered, and the brunet did.

His head tilted backwards and rested on Hyukjae's shoulder. He cutely turned his head a bit so that his face was snuggled closer to the crook of the older's neck, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter