chapter 3

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thirty minutes until concert time!" the manager shouted, knocking on the dressing room door that had a little golden star on the front, on it were engraved the letters D & E.

Hyukjae grinned and adjusted his jacket as he looked himself over in the mirror. He then untied his high top sneakers before tying them again, taking off his hat and repositioning it for the second time. The blond jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Will you stop that?" Donghae asked with a grin. "You look perfect."

Hyukjae beamed and looked over his shoulder at his boyfriend. "Thanks sweetheart." He turned around and took Donghae's hands in his own, kissing the younger's lips softly before pulling away to see the brunet's smile lighting up the room. "I love you."

"I love you too, whether everyone knows it or not," Donghae whispered. "We have thirty minutes, what do you want to do?"

Hyukjae held his lover's face in his hands and stared into his sparkling brown eyes. "Can't I just stand here and look at how beautiful my baby is?" he asked, sounding playful but also being completely serious.

The younger blushed. "I have a better idea."

"What is it?" Hyukjae wondered, grazing his thumb over Donghae's bottom lip.

"I wanted to show you something." Donghae took the older's hand and led him out of their dressing room, discreetly closing the door so as to not make any sound. "Make sure nobody hears us," Donghae whispered as they snuck down the hallway. "I don't want the manager to yell at us for leaving the dressing room."

"But where are you taking me?" Hyukjae asked. Donghae raised a finger to his lips, signaling for the blond to be quiet. He led Hyukjae out another door that led to the front lobby of the concert hall. "Why are we out here? What if a fan sees us?"

"Shut up," Donghae whispered again, but he couldn't help but smile. "Stop asking questions, you'll see in a minute."

Hyukjae complied to the younger's demands and closed his mouth, following Donghae through the vacant lobby. Donghae stopped and looked up at the wall, and Hyukjae followed his gaze to do the same.

His smile reappeared on his face when the blond saw the gigantic banner hung on the wall in front of them, stretching from the high ceiling to the floor, displaying an image of Donghae and Hyukjae standing next to each other from a recent photo shoot they did together back in Seoul. Written in Japanese across the top of the banner were the words Welcome to Japan!

Hyukjae chuckled. "I like this," he said, examining the banner as he wrapped an arm around the brunet's shoulder.

Donghae leaned into Hyukjae's embrace and nodded. "We came here through the back entrance for the performers, but I heard our manager talking about this to some of the staff and I wanted us both to see it."

Hyukjae turned his head to look at the younger. "Thank you for thinking of me baby," he whispered before placing a soft kiss right on Donghae's ear.

Click.

Hyukjae shot his head up. "Did you hear something?" he asked, scanning the lobby for what could have made that sound.

"No, I didn't," Donghae replied, shaking his head.

"I thought I heard a sort of click sound," Hyukjae said. "Like a camera. But I don't see any people anywhere."

Donghae shrugged and Hyukjae removed his arm from around the brunet's shoulders. "Let's just go back to our dressing room before we get caught."

"Good idea," Hyukjae said, then added in a whisper, "I feel like we're being watched."

"You're crazy," Donghae whispered back with a sly smile. "There's nobody here except us."

***

"Nice job boys," the manager congratulated. "The concert was a big success. Now, time to catch our plane back to Seoul. You two have a schedule with the other members in the morning."

Donghae and Hyukjae nodded at their manager before the younger of the two asked "When does our plane leave?"

"In about five hours," the manager estimated. "Which means you have two hours to get things together at your hotel room before I come pick you up in the van to go to the airport."

The boys nodded again before scurrying off to their dressing room to change into more comfortable clothing before they returned to the hotel. Having left the light off, Hyukjae couldn't see his way through the dark room and tripped over something, falling to the ground and hearing a faint cracking sound.

"Ouch," he hissed, sitting up and holding his left arm.

"Hyukjae?" Donghae flicked the light switch up to turn the light on before walking over and kneeling down next to the blond. "Are you okay?"

"Not really. I tripped over your bag," he answered, gesturing towards a duffel bag that was lying on the floor in the center of the room. "I tried to break my fall before I hit the ground and I hurt my wrist."

Donghae bit his lip to suppress a smile at his lover's clumsiness, but felt guilty that he had accidentally left his stuff on the floor for Hyukjae to trip on. "Sorry I left my bag there," he whispered before holding his hand out to Hyukjae. "Let me see," he muttered, gently taking the older's hand to examine his wrist. "Can you move it?" he asked.

Hyukjae moved his hand back and forth with a pained look in his eyes. "I can," he said.

"But it hurts," Donghae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter