chapter 11

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The managers weren't thrilled when Leeteuk and Heechul had stormed the office, requesting to schedule a concert during one of their busiest weeks that month. It was completely out of the blue, but the two eldest members were adamant about this performance and refused to leave until the managers agreed.

"May I ask why you, and the other members, would like to hold a concert so suddenly?"

Heechul shrugged. "We miss being on stage. It's been a while since we were able to perform for our fans," he lied. "I'm sure they miss us too, so why not?"

"We haven't had a concert in Seoul in a long time," Leeteuk added. "And there aren't any planned for the near future either."

Another manager sighed. They were absolutely right. "We'll discuss it and let you know later," he decided, shooing the two out with a wave of his hand.

Hyukjae had barely even let them through the door once they arrived back at the dorm as he asked "What did they say? Were they suspicious of anything?"

"Relax, Hyuk," Leeteuk said, patting the blond's shoulder. "They didn't give a definite answer, so don't get your hopes up."

"But they have no reason to turn us down," Heechul interjected. "You two better start preparing your coming-out speeches because I think it's more likely that this will happen than not. I wouldn't worry too much. They'll say yes."

"All it means for them is making more cash," Kangin added from the other side of the room. "I don't see why they wouldn't want us to get onstage one more time than planned."

"He's right," Heechul added. "No worries. We're here for you two."

Hyukjae beamed. "Thank you guys. It means a lot to us. I don't know what Donghae and I would do if you and the others weren't so supportive of us."

Leeteuk smiled at the blond. "We're just happy because you two are happy. We support you because we know your feelings for each other are true."

Time had passed so quickly, and the summer changed to autumn in the blink of an eye. The other members had been with Hyukjae and Donghae every step of the way, and the couple couldn't thank them enough. They were filled with relief and gratitude upon knowing how supportive the members were of something that is commonly looked down on.

But the others didn't care, as long as Hyukjae and Donghae were happy, as Leeteuk said, then nothing else was important. All of the other members were willing to help keep the relationship a secret and the pair together, no matter the cost.

It was obvious that Hyukjae and Donghae were much happier when they could be open about their feelings for each other, even though they could only do so within the walls of Super Junior's dorm. So one day, the couple came to an agreement that they didn't want to hide anymore. They had gathered the members into one room and sat down together, and announced that they were ready to tell the world who they were. "No more secrets," Donghae had told them, earning an affectionate peck on the cheek from his boyfriend.

"We know the whole world won't treat us the same way you all do," Hyukjae noted, "but we'd rather be honest with everyone than continue to fake it."

Sungmin had suggested announcing it to the fans onstage, but Super Junior had no upcoming solo concerts, which was where the couple thought it would be best to come out. Leeteuk and Heechul, being the oldest two in the group, had taken it upon themselves to ask the managers to schedule a concert solely for the purpose of Hyukjae and Donghae's announcement. But of course the managers wouldn't know about that just yet.

"I'll go tell Donghae," the blond said, thanking the two for their help before hurrying to their room to find his boyfriend.

Donghae was sitting on Hyukjae's bed -- which he used more than his own -- reading a book when the older male entered.

"Hey," Hyukjae said softly, and the brunet looked up from his book. "I just talked to Leeteuk and Heechul."

Donghae quickly bookmarked his page and jumped off the bed to stand in front of his lover. "They went to the managers?" he asked. Hyukjae nodded. "What did they say?"

"Nothing is confirmed yet, but we're all pretty confident that they'll schedule that concert for us," the blond said happily.

"That's great!" Donghae cheered, literally jumping into Hyukjae's arms with a big smile on his face. Hyukjae spun his boyfriend around, the smiles on their faces so bright because they were so, so happy.

Hyukjae sighed and set the younger back on his feet before kissing Donghae's forehead gently. "I'm so excited," he whispered.

"Me too," Donghae whispered back. Hyukjae pecked his love's nose and took the brunet's hands in his own, playing with his fingers. "I can't wait to tell the world how much I love you."

"I love you more."

Donghae giggled. "I love you the most."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter