chapter 6

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I wish I could just stay here forever," Donghae giggled as Hyukjae peppered his face with light kisses all over, returning to his soft lips every once in a while and claiming them again and again. He was seated on his boyfriend's lap on his bed, the brunet's arms wrapped securely around Hyukjae's shoulders while Hyukjae had his hands resting on the younger's waist.

"Me too," the blond muttered between pecks. "I'd kiss you all day long."

"I'd like that very much," Donghae whispered, closing his eyes and leaning into his lover's embrace. He sighed contentedly.

There was a sudden knock on the door that startled the brunet and caused him to nearly fall onto the floor if not for Hyukjae's gentle grip around his waist. "Donghae, Hyukjae, if you're in there, we need help loading the boxes into the truck to bring to the arena. And Hyukjae, you need to leave soon or your sister is going to miss her flight," Leeteuk called from the hallway.

Hyukjae sighed and looked at the clock on his nightstand. "He's right, I should probably get going. I'll be back tonight, okay?"

Donghae nodded and watched Hyukjae as he put on his coat and grabbed his car keys. Before the blond opened the door to leave, the younger called his name and Hyukjae stopped to give him a questioning look. "When... when you come home can you... can you lay with me?"

Hyukjae smiled and ruffled the brunet's hair. "Of course, anything you want sweetheart."

***

"Be safe, please," Hyukjae requested, handing his sister her carry-on bag. "And call me after your plane lands, no matter what time it is."

"Thank you Hyuk," Sora beamed and gave her brother a quick hug. She sent him a little goodbye wave just before disappearing down the hallway to board the airplane.

Not five minutes later, Hyukjae was outside of the airport and searching for his car in the parking lot when he heard some muffled cries coming from somewhere behind him. He turned around to see a pretty blonde girl with red cheeks and a tear-stained face asking a man and a woman something, but they only shook their heads and briskly walked away.

Hyukjae bit his lip, contemplating approaching the girl, deciding to do it anyway because the girl seemed extremely upset. He pulled his hat down a little lower to cover his eyes. "Excuse me, are you alright?" he asked her.

The blonde girl furrowed her eyebrows and looked at him in confusion. She said something in another language, which Hyukjae guessed to be Japanese, but it was so brief that he didn't catch it. "I'm sorry, I didn't understand you," he told her.

The blond girl exhaled and wiped her tears, probably relieved that somebody else spoke Japanese and could communicate with her. "I need some help," she said. "I was supposed to come here on a trip with my boyfriend, but he stole my luggage and everything else I brought with me and ran off." She sniffed. "I don't have any money, or a place to stay, and I have no way of getting back to Japan."

Hyukjae nodded, listening to the girl and making sure he wouldn't interrupt her. She was clearly very scared, being in an unfamiliar country and kind of feeling trapped with having no belongings or cash with her. He would be scared too.

After a minute of thought, Hyukjae got an idea and motioned for the girl to follow him back inside the airport. "What's your name?" he asked her.

"Ayumi Hamasaki," the girl replied. She followed Hyukjae to a big counter that had a sign hanging over the top, but she couldn't read it.

"How may I help you?" the lady at the counter asked politely.

"When is the next flight to the Haneda International Airport?" Hyukjae asked.

"The next flight to Japan will be two days from now at 10:35 in the morning. Would you like to purchase a ticket?"

"Yes, a one-way ticket please," Hyukjae said. 

Ayumi tugged on his sleeve and shook her head at him. "What are you doing?"

Hyukjae paid for the ticket and handed it over to Ayumi. She glanced at it before giving Hyukjae a questioning look. "You have to get home, don't you? Your flight is in two days, the time is right there," he told her, pointing at the departure time written on the ticket. "Now come on, we have a few more places to go."

"You didn't have to do that," the blonde girl said.

"You don't have any money, how else would you get home?" Hyukjae asked her. But the girl didn't give an answer.

No words were passed between the two as Hyukjae led Ayumi to his car and they got inside. After a few minutes of driving Ayumi inquired "Where are we going next?"

"Well I'm really hungry, and you must be too," Eunhyuk figured. "I know a nice place near here where we can get something to eat."

"That's not really necessary," Ayumi said. "You don't need to spend any more money on me, I'm sure I could just --"

"It's fine. Just trust me, okay?"

Ayumi sighed and nodded. "Okay."

***

"We've been driving for a long time," Ayumi said, peeking out the window to the now darkened sky. "Where are you taking me now?"

Hyukjae chuckled at the girl's inquisitiveness and they soon pulled into the parking lot of a shopping mall. "You're spending the next two days in Seoul and the only clothes you have are the ones your wearing. Come on," he said, gesturing for the girl to follow him into a clothing shop.

"You don't need to buy me anything," Ayumi told him.

"Pick out anything you want," Hyukjae insisted. "Two outfits for the next two days and a pair of pajamas for nighttime."

Ayumi shook her head. "No, that's enough. You've already paid for my flight back home and brought me to this really nice restaurant. You've done enough for me."

"I have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter