chapter 2

Secret Love Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae held Donghae's hand in his own as they walked into a nice restaurant together. They were soon greeted by a waitress and brought to a table for two, where they were seated and each handed a menu.

Hyukjae scanned his menu and after a minute of debating with himself, he finally decided on the rice with curry. He placed his menu down and looked across the table at his lover, who seemed very unsure of what he wanted. Hyukjae chuckled at the brunet's indecisiveness. "You can order whatever you want."

Donghae blushed and hid his face behind his menu. Hyukjae had always been able to read him like an open book, and he loved how the blond knew everything he was thinking. They understood each other without the need of words, and that was one of his favorite things about their relationship.

"Why are you being so shy?" Hyukjae asked, playfully poking Donghae's hand.

Donghae shrugged. "I don't know," he admitted. He looked down at his menu again before returning his gaze back to the blond's smiling face. "Can we get our food to go? I want to go back to the hotel."

Hyukjae nodded. "Sure, if you want," he said. "Are you okay?"

"I just want to go back to the hotel," the brunet repeated.

"But we just got here," Hyukjae reminded. "I wanted to spend the night out with you. It's our special day."

Donghae lowered his head. "I just don't want to be here right now," he mumbled.

Hyukjae could tell that something was bothering the brunet, so he agreed to order their food so that they can take it with them back to the hotel. He didn't want to upset Donghae any more, so instead of arguing he simply complied to his lover's wants.

Soon enough, the waitress brought them their food in to-go containers, along with the bill. Donghae reached out to grab the slip of paper, but Hyukjae had snatched it away before he got the chance. "Let me pay," Hyukjae told the brunet gently.

"You always pay for dinner," Donghae pouted.

"It's our night together," Hyukjae whispered with a smile. "I'm paying."

Once they got back to their hotel room, Hyukjae placed the bag onto the table and walked up behind Donghae, who was staring out the window with his arms crossed and a sad look in his eyes. Hyukjae gently placed his hand on the brunet's back and asked "Baby what's wrong?"

Donghae leaned his head back so it was resting on Hyukjae's shoulder as the blond rubbed his back. "I don't like it when we go out," he muttered.

"What do you mean?" Hyukjae inquired. He turned the brunet around to face him and placed his hands on the sides of Donghae's face. He searched Donghae's sad expression for any signs of what was wrong, but this time he couldn't figure it out. "Do you not like spending time with me?"

Donghae looked down as tears welled in his eyes. "I love spending time with you," he whispered. "I would spend every minute of my life with you."

"Then why are you so upset? I don't like seeing you sad."

Donghae wrapped his arms around the blond and began to spill tears onto Hyukjae's shirt. "We can't do anything when we go out. We can't hold hands and you can't give me hugs or kisses because if you did then we'd get caught. I hate hiding us from other people."

Hyukjae kissed the top of the brunet's head and closed his eyes as he tried to hush Donghae's crying. "Baby I know you want everyone to know about us. I do too. But-"

"Then why can't we tell anyone?"

Hyukjae sighed and rubbed his temples. "We've talked about this Donghae."

Donghae took a step back and looked up at the blond. "No, I really want to know. Why don't you want to tell anybody? Are you scared? Or are you just faking it?"

"Faking what?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter