Not good enough

The search for the Aegyo Queen

Sunny's POV

I never wanted to continue using my aegyo. All for a specific reason, which no one would ever understand. My mother used to love my aegyo, and so did my father. But after I turned 11 my father started to hate it, and told me to grow up. Whenever he saw me using my aegyo, he would gone mad and sent me to my room. He punished me every time I used it. Before my mother died, she asked me if I could not use it. For my own good. If I did, I would make living with my dad in Korea an even bigger issue than it already had been for me when my mom told me about me moving back to Seoul. 
I was deep in thoughts while I was watching Yoogeun play with his toys. I really liked Yoogeun, but I pitied him as well. His mom was never there for him and neither was his father. Joon oppa and I were busy raising him, which wasn't originaly our job to do. Well, better said, I was busy raising him. Every time my father asked Joon and me to look after him, Joon would say he would stay home but every time a few minutes after my father left, Joon left as well. Leaving me with Yoogeun. I didn't have a social life anymore and that troubled me.

Sending Taeyeon unni away had been harsh of me, I realized that after I told her to leave and she had left. I knew she would go talk to Joon about that, and that annoyed me. As if dating my brother wasn't good enough for Taeyeon, she told everything I told her to Joon. She couldn't keep secrets anymore. I never thought of her other than my best friend though. I loved Taeyeon with all my heart, but her telling everything to my brother could get a little bit awkward.

With that thought in mind, it didn't surprise me that I heard the frontdoor open and close after just half an hour, while Joon told me he would stay away all day.

"Yah Sunny! What's the reason for all this weird behavior?! Sending away Taengoo?! What's wrong with you lately." Joon hissed as he entered the living room.

"What is wrong with me? What's wrong with you?! Telling dad you are gonna take care of Yoogeun together with me and then just leave me alone? Because of that I haven't been to the pool for months! I have a life outside the walls of this house too, Joon. I want to go hang out with Taengoo and my boyfriend, but I'm stuck here, playing for a teen mom!" I hissed back. While picking up crying Yoogeun. He had fall behind and slightly hurt his head. I rocked him up and down, trying to get him stop crying. Almost as soon as I started moving Yoogeun stopped crying. "I want to do things I like. Such as going to the mall with my bestfriend, watching dramas with my boyfriend, swimming. But I cannot do those things with Yoogeun. If you would just take responsibility of him, I could do those things." I shook my head and brought Yoogeun to his little bed, which was placed next to my bed so that no one would wake up because of him except for me. Even when his mom still was in this house and not on a business trip, Yoogeun slept in my room. Waking me up every night, leaving me with no sleep. The reason for my irritated attitude and dark circles underneath my eyes. But no one cared to even ask about it. Not even Siwon.

I wasn't feeling like having a conversation with Joon about me sending away his girlfriend so I decided to take a nap. Before Yoogeun would wake up again. But just as I laid down, Joon entered my room without knocking, grabbing my arm and dragged me to the living room.

"YAH! We are not finished talking Lee Soon-Kyu!" Joon yelled at me. It startled me, why was he yelling at me while he was the one to blame?

"Well I am Joon. I am not in the mood right now for such a talk. I know it was wrong to send away Taengoo but can we please talk about this later? I am broken. I just want to sleep." I was looking up at my brother as he was shaking. He was really pissed off. But I didn't get it. The whole summer I had taken care of our halfbrother, and there was never a thanks. When my father would come home and would ask how it went, Joon would say that everything went well, and he had done everything. Then, my father would get angry with me and make me do the household chores. Every single day it was like this.

"You better talk or I'm telling dad you haven't done anything today!" Joon yelled at me. I couldn't believe my ears.

"Won't you tell that anyways, like you always do? Do you even know anything about Yoogeun?! You haven't hold him once since his mom has left! You haven't helped me with any of the household chores since the beginning but you always tell father that I did nothing! Joon you are driving me crazy!" I yelled back at my brother. But since I already knew he would talk to our father about it I'd better begin doing the household chores. "I don't have any time to talk so just leave it." I shook my head again and went to the kitchen, to do the dishes that Joon had left this morning.

"God damn it Sunny! Why are you so stubborn! Just freaking listen!!" Joon yelled as he roughly turned me around, making me lose my balance and making me trip over a toy of Yoogeun, fall backwards and hit my arm against the glass coffee table that was placed in the middle of the living room, making a deep cut in my arm. But as usual, Joon didn't even care. "Oh my gosh! Sunny, you are making it all messy and dirty! Why in the world are you so clumsy?!"

Joon had changed, I apperentely had got him mad because of sending Taengoo away. His girlfriend is more important to him than his own sister. Well at least I knew my place. And I knew that when Yoogeun's mom would come back, I would leave this damned house. If I had to I would even take Yoogeun, everything would be fine if I just could leave this house. Just at the moment I was going to scold my brother, Yoogeun started to cry again, he probably heard Joon screaming at me. I quickly got up, rushed into the kitchen to get a towel and wrapped it around my arm so I could pick up Yoogeun. What I didn't know was that Siwon and Taengoo had entered the house just before I was able to wrap the towel around my arm, so they were able to see the cut on my arm.

I had taken Yoogeun to the living room but hadn't set eyes on Siwon and Taengoo just on Joon.
"Shh it's gonna be alright Yoogeun. Joon hyung was just leaving. Weren't you." I said as I narrowed my eyes while looking at Joon.

"Yah Sunny! You can't send Joon away like you send me away!" Taengoo said as she took a step forward.

"I am sorry, but I am getting the feeling that I am not good enough for you guys anymore. You never visit," I looked at Siwon. "and everything I say to you personally you tell Joon about it. I can't help that he is too lazy to take care of his half-brother but that doesn't mean you can't come here. If you excuse me now, I am going to the hospital." I carried Yoogeun on my right hip, hurting my arm badly as I passed by Siwon and Taengoo.


// Auther's note.
It's been like a year or something that I updated this story, which is of course waay to long! So I apologize.
The reason is that I couldn't really think of anything and lately I read it and was ashamed of my bad English. 
I improved my English writing skills but tips are always welcome. 
Please don't be a silent reader and support me so I'll have the courage to continue with this story.