Masquerade

Melting Your Icy heart

Music flowed everywhere as guests for the evening waltzed with each other. The grand ballroom was filled with a bright array of colors as people socialized enjoying the party. Jessica readjusted her mask as she fanned herself. After dancing a few numbers she thought her feet were going to fall off. Then she frowned when she remembered the men she  danced with  tried to feel her up and she ended up slapping them across the face. She slowly made her way to the refreshment table to get a drink where two girls were chattering away.

"So did you hear about the Ice princess? I heard she turned down another marriage offer. She made Prince Jaejoong cry! " cried a girl who was wearing pink gown and white mask.

"Hyoyeon, she is a a witch I'm telling you. She casts spells to make men weak." said the girl next to her sipping her drink. She wore a yellow gown with a brown feathered mask.

"She sounds horrible, Yoona. No wonder she doesn't have any friends. She just likes being in her own corner being her cold self." laughed Hyoyeon.

"She will never be with anyone. Meaning that leaves more suitors for us." said the other girl laughing as well.

Having enough of the conversation Jessica her heel and left the ballroom.  She followed the lights to  the garden and sat down on a bench overlooking the lake. 

Looking up at the moon she whispered "I miss you, Mom. Why did you leave us?"

"Is this seat taken?" asked a husky voice. Jessica whirled around to see a man with black, messy hair and silver mask framing his face. He was wearing a black suit with a silver bow tie.

"Go ahead " she said stiffly looking back at the lake. 

"Wow rough night?" he asked as he sat down.

"You can say that. Being touched by men innappropriately and being the main gossip. Yes that is my night." 

The man next to her didn't say anything but got up and offered his hand.

"W-what are you doing?" she stuttered looking up at him.

"This is supposed to be a party. You weren't having fun and I wasn't either. So to make this night memorable for the both of us may I have this dance?" the mystery man smiled bowing.

"But there is no music. Plus why would I dance with you?." she asked looking around if anyone was watching.

The man laughed. "That's for me to worry . And secondly, this will be the best dance of the night. I promise you."

Jessica looked at him suspiciously. Then she gave a small smile and placed her hand into his. He slipped his arm around her waist as she picked up skirt. The mystery man started to hum a melody as they began to whirl around the lake.

"I must say you have a real nice tone in your voice . Not to mention your dancing is far better than the men I danced with " she teased.

"Why thank you and are you an expert?" The mystery man joked as he continued to hum.

Somehow they both got lost in each other's eyes.  The mystery man leaned into capture her lips  when the fireworks went off. Looking up at the night sky it was filled with colorful sparks.

" I must go. My father will be looking for me. Thank you for the dance." she said sweetly as she turned to leave.

"Wait! " he cried. "Can you at least show me your face and tell me your name?"

Jessica looked at the ground. "I am not who you think I am. Also my name is known throughout every kingdom. I am known as the princess who brings bad luck ."

The mystery man stepped closer. He tilted her face to look at him. "They are wrong to say things like that because those rumors do not move me. From what is is in front of me I see a wonderful person and anyone would be lucky to have you as their queen."

Jessica hesitated. She slowly reached for the ribbon that tied her mask when she heard someone call her name.

"Unnie!! Where are you? Father is looking for you!" yelled a voice from the balcony.

"I will be right there, Krystal!" she yelled back.

"I must go, but thank you for tonight." 

Then the mysterious man did the unthinkable. He took both of her hands and kissed them.

"Until we meet again, mademoiselle butterfly."

Jessica felt her cheeks getting hot.  She closed her eyes when the mystery man leaned in once more.

"Sir! You are needed back at the castle immediately! Something terrible has happened!" a young boy in servant uniform cried gasping for air unaware of the situation.

Yesung cursed and sent an apologetic look toward Jessica She curtsied and ran back toward the castle. The mystery man watched as she disapeared out of sight. Then he ran to where his carriage was parked.

"Prince Yesung, I am sorry that your event had to cut short. The king has sent word that you are needed immediately back at the castle. Did you have fun tonight? This is your first social outing in years. " asked the coachmen as he opened the door to the carriage.

"Yes, it was  a quite a night" he said smiling.

"That's quite wonderful, sir" 

Soon as the door was shut and the carriage moved. Yesung stared out the window when the castle was no longer out of sight. He leaned back in his seat and closed his eyes.

"The girl I met tonight is the one. She will definitely be my queen"

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

Finally I finish Chapter 2!! Honestly, I feel like something is missing so if you guys have any suggestions to make it better. Please let me know :) thank you for your support! More chapters will be on this way. Yesica all the way :))

-vampireluver911