Love & War

Melting Your Icy heart

 

"Earth to hyung!!" yelled Kyuhyun as Yesung was in a daze staring out at the window. Everyone had their eyes on him.
"Sorry, what were we disccusing about?"
Leeteuk glared at him and sighed. "Gentlemen let us end here. We will cover  the rest of the negotiations for the Eastern Kingdom tomorrow."
Everyone got up to leave the meeting room
"Yesung, a word?" asked Letteuk.
Everyone snickered on their way out as he glared at them. Shindong patted his back as he closed the door leaving the two oldest delagates.
"Look I'm sorry that I was not paying attention.." Yesung started but Leeteuk cut him off with his hand.
"Never mind that. You look like you are not getting enough rest. Donghae told me you stay up late staring at the map of both kingdoms and take notes afterwards."
Yesung chuckled. "Hyung, that's what I always do. My country means a lot.."
"To you and it does to all of us" Leeteuk interrupted again. He sat down at the head table "However, you cannot neglect your other duties as a man."
"Hyung, my duty is to my country. Plus who would want to marry the man known has the lion warrior on the battlefield?"
"You are also a great wing man. However, you need a woman in your life to smooth the rough lives we have."
Yesung sighed and sat down. "That's the issue, Hyung. I don't want to be pushed to be married. It is not fair for me to put my future wife through having to send me off to battle and not knowing when I will come back. It will be too much to bear."
Leeteuk smiled. "Even though you are the lion you sure have a soft spot. You really used that on the ice princess didn't you?"
The young man glared. "Call her that again and I will tell your wonderful wife when I see her..."
Leeteuk covered Yesung's mouth before he could finish. "Shut up! No one should know that" he whispered.
Yesung laughed. "I have my sources."
"Well it seems like you don't really have to worry about your engagement. The princess has made you into a different man. You are not always in your room that's why."
Yesung laughed. "Knowing her reputation I knew this was a risk. However getting to know her these past two weeks and spending time with her it seems I can live without regrets."
Leeteuk smiled and pat his back. "You really fell for her didn't you?"
Yesung nodded. "That is why I am leaving the decision up to her."
"Are you sure you can handle either or?"
He nodded and smiled sadly as he stared out the window. "I am prepared. All I wish is for her happiness."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Meanwhile, Jessica was pulling weeds from the garden. She noticed the red hydrangas in bloom and immediately thought of Yesung. She smiled to herself as she got up to water the flowers.
"Have you made your decision?" asked a voice.
Jessica turned around and came face to face with her father.
"I am not sure, father." she said briskly as she turned back to her work
Jonghoon led her to a bench and sat her down.
"It is not fair to lead him on anymore if you are going to turn him down. And frankly if you say no I would have a heart attack."
"Father you are such a drama queen." Jessica rolled her eyes as she got up and watered the flowers. Then she stopped.
"Words cannot describe how I feel for him. He has treated me how I want to be treated and I enjoy his company immensely. I am afraid to say yes, Father. Afraid that I will wake up and not find him there next to me" 
Tears welled up in her eyes as she wiped them away quickly.
Jonghoon embraced his daughter. "That should not  be an excuse not to say yes. Just remember in this age every women goes through what you have to.  The main thing is to follow your heart, my dear. It is your decision and not even I can make it for you."
Jessica nodded as she rested her head against her father's shoulder. Jonghoon smiled down at her.
"I know your answer. To think I will be having grandkids in a year or so.." He babbled on excitedly
His daughter rolled his eyes. "Don't get your hopes up!"
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Yesung rubbed his eyes as he looked at the map for the millionth time between West and East Kingdom. He felt the cool night air coming in as he stared out the window. Then he heard Donghae snoring and sleep talking about Sunny. The young prince chuckled and shook his head. He began to clear off his desk for the night when he heard a loud knock at the door. He opened it and met a distressed looking Sungmin.
"You are needed right now. It's an emergency" he said gasping for air.
"I will be right there."
The two young men woke up a not so happy Donghae as they ran to the meeting room. When they got there it was silent and some of them were shedding silent tears. Leeteuk sat at the head of the table with his head in his hands
"What happened?" asked Donghae.
" There has been word that the Eastern Kingdom did a surprise attack on the region along the border."
"Wait that means..."
"Those bastards slaughtered the whole town and burnt down Siwon's castle."
Yesung's eyes filled with tears as he sank into a chair. Then he asked in a whisper.
"What of Siwon? Is he alive or is he..?" Leeteuk interrupted him.
"He and his men tried fight them off but..." Shindong couldn't talk any further as he wiped his tears
"What about Tiffany-shi?" Donghae asked.
"She killed herself in the fire. Damn those bastards! First Heechulie Hyung and Siwon!!" Eunhyuk yelled as he slammed his fist on the table letting his tears fall down his face. (Tiffany was Eunhyuk's cousin and they were very close to each other).
Leeteuk rose up from his chair. "This means war, gentleman. There is nothing to hold us back. Peace and negotiation was our priority but after tonight justice must be served. Let us fight for our dear lost souls and let them rest in peace with our victory."
"We understand, Hyung" they said all at once bowing to him.
"We will all leave tomorrow morning. Everyone go back home and prepare yourself for battle. You are all dismissed." said Leeteuk.
Everyone left the room silently. 
"Yesung, stay back a little."
When everyone left.
"I know things are not going well with you but I do want you to be a hundred percent focused."
"Hyung, don't worry. You can count on me as always."
Leeteuk gave him a manly hug. "You deserve happiness no matter what. The princess will definitely turn around."
"How do you know?"
Leeteuk laughed. "Trust me. I had the same experience as you."
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The next day all the carriages were loaded up. Yesung noticed Donghae saying his goodbyes to Sunny. Then he saw King Jonghoon and Krystal walking out of the castle to the carriage. When they stood before him he bowed. Jonghoon took him by the shoulders.
"I am sorry it had to end this way. Regardless you are a son to me that I never had. My prayers to you and everyone that you will all come back safe and victorious."
"Thank you, sir" he said bowing.
When Jonghoon stepped back, Krystal hugged Yesung.
"Oppa, please be safe for Unnie! I will miss you and Donghae Oppa!"
The young man laughed and knelt down in front of her.
"Thank you for being a good hostess. You take care of yourself" he said patting her head. He bowed to them once more and stared at the window leading to Jessica's room. He turned away sadly walking to the carriage.
"Oppa!" cried a voice he thought he will never hear again
He turned around and his eyes went wide open. Jessica was running toward him. She hugged a parcel to her chest as she stopped in front of him catching her breath. 
Yesung took her face gently in his hands. He wiped her tears with his thumb . "I thought I would never see you again before I leave." he said softly.
"After all the things I said to you last night it was very selfish and weak. If I didn't send you off properly I would have regretted."
She handed him the parcel. "I pray for your safe return and victory for the kingdom."
"May I open it?" he asked.
Jessica nodded. The young man opened the parcel and found a white padded belt with a red x. He looked at her speechless and surprised. She nodded smiling.  They both embraced each other.
"I will come back. No matter what." he whispered in her ear.
She nodded as she let her tears fall on his shoulder. When they separated h e leaned in and kissed her. Jessica melted into him and wrapped her arms around his neck. Everyone cheered as they broke apart. With one final goodbye the carriages left one by one. Jessica stared as Yesung and Donghae's carriage was a small pea in the horizon. Her father put his arm around her and her sister held her hand.
"Everything will be alright. All you can do is pray and hope for the best."
They left her and walked back to the castle as she continued to stare out in the horizon. 
"I will be waiting for your return" she whispers in the wind.
+++++++++++++++++++
Finally I finish!!! Thank you so much for being patient. There are missing parts which I will revise as soon as possible. Comments are welcomed and suggestions!! Please don't  plagarize! much love!
 
vampireluver911