I will protect you

Melting Your Icy heart

 

Jessica froze when she recognized the voice. She immediately bit the intruder's hand.
"You !" the intruder yelled as she got slapped across the face
Jessica fell on the floor holding her cheek. 
"What are you doing here Jaebom?" she sneered at him.
He walked over to the window and stared out at the scenery. 
"To see you, dearest. When the eastern kingdom takes over, this palace will fall to flames."
Jaebom walked up to her, knelt down and whispered in Jessica's ear. "Your father should've let me have you while I was still here. We could have ruled this kingdom together"
"I will never be with someone who sacrifices their kingdom for greed" spat Jessica.
Jaebom grabbed her by the arm and pulled her up. He threw her against the wall and held her arms above her head.
"Listen here. You are going to be mine whether you like it or not. I am going to bring down your father by taking his precious daughter by force."
He let go of her and slipped out the window. Jessica collapsed on to her bed taking the events that just happened. Tears fell from her eyes as she cried herself to sleep
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Yesung breathed in the smell of hay in the stables. He patted the horse he was going to ride and ran a brush through its coat.
"Good morning." called a voice making him drop the brush. He looked up and saw Jessica standing at the doorway. She had her hair down and had a  big sun hat covering her face. A brown riding gown hugged her body.
"Good morning to you, Sica" he said smiling. "Are you excited to go riding?"
"Yes, I cannot wait to feel the wind in my hair!"
Yesung noticed the tone in her voice and he looked at her with worried eyes.
"Did something happen yesterday after I left you?"
Jessica tensed up as she combed her mare. "Of course not. Why do you ask?"
"You sound different as usual".
"It's nothing. I am a little tired from reading last night." 
Silence fell between them as they finished grooming their horses. Yesung saddled both horses and helped Jessica up on hers. He got on his as he let her go out first. They galloped through meadows and got to a clearing where there was small creek. They both got off and led their horses to drink. A breeeze blew by and then Yesung noticed 
"What happened to you?!
Jessica pushed her hat down and looked away. "Please. it's not a big deal.." when she got cut off.
"Take off your hat right now" Yesung said sternly.
Jessica hesitated. Then she slowly took off her hat. He tilted her face up gently seeing the black eye and his eyes burned with anger.
"Who did this to you?"
Tears leaked from Jessica's eyes as she avoided his eyes. "It's nothing."
"Don't expect me to believe that!This wasn't just mere contact. Tell me who did this to you?"
Jessica walked over to a rock and sat down looking at the ground. 
"Do you know the name Park Jaebom??"
Yesung's eyes widened. "The commander of the Eastern Kingdom?" he said in disgust as he sat down next to her
"Yes" she whispered facing him. "He is not from the Eastern Kingdom. He was born and raised here. I grew up with him because his father was the former head advisor. When he took over his father's post he wanted to have me as his wife. When my father refused,  he burned his family home trapping his mother inside. His last words were he will see that the  kingdom will fall and I will be taken by force."
The young man said nothing but turned her towards him. He took her hands in his. Jessica looked into his gentle eyes
"He will have to go  through me to get to you."
Jessica shook her head. "You don't understand. That man has the highest intelligence level and he is a mastermind. He has tormented the castle every since he left because he knows every way of getting in and out of this kingdom. And.."
Yesung put his finger on his lips. "He won't lay a finger on you or your family not while I am here. Some of the representatives have been loyal to me since childhood and they will figure out a plan for security."
He kissed her hand. "I know we've known each other for a couple of days but  please have faith in me."
Jessica slowly smiled up at him and nodded.
"Thank you" she said in a quiet voice.
They spent the remainder of the time getting to know each other better and rode back before the sun got stronger.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Donghae was lying in the grass relaxing under the sun before being cooped in important meetings scheduled for the next couple of days. He was just about to fall asleep when he heard a commotion coming near by.
"Please let go of me!" cried a voice.
"Kekeke be a good girl while I enjoy you" said a deep voice.
Donghae brisk walked silently until saw the commotion that he heard. He hid behind a bush and saw a young maiden with lying on the ground her arms pinned while the man was on her trying to tear her dress.
"Hey !" The intruder looked when he got a round house kick to the face by Donghae. He helped the maiden up while the  man staggered backwards as he held on to his cheek. Then he saw who it was.
"Key! You bastard" he yelled as he took threatening step forward.
The naughty intruder's color drained from his face as he ran from the sight.
"Tch that erted kid.." he muttered and looked back at the maiden he just saved.
"Are you alright, my lady?" he asked with concern.
"Yes, thank you for saving me." she bowed. "I was so scared I..."
"Nothing to worry about. Lucky I was able to hear you and come to your aid" chuckled Donghae.
She smiled wiping her tears. "I apologize I didn't introduce myself. My name is Seonkyu but I prefer to be called Sunny.
When he heard that name he was horrified and made a cross sign at her.
"You are Leeteuk's sister?"
"Yes.. is that a problem?" she asked annoying.
"Oh no no. It's just that you probably heard a lot of things about me..."
"Don't tell me you are the playboy Donghae? Your reputation is known throughout the women of the western kingdom" Sunny said eyes flashing.
"Look I'm not a playboy playboy. I just get a lot of attention from women." explained the young prince as he scratched his head.
"Well you will have to enlighten me the next time I see you. I bid you good day." Sunny bowed again and went on her way.
Donghae stared after her. "Whoa! What just happen?" he thought to himself.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
That evening, Jessica tossed and turned in her sleep. She finally got up and lit a candle. Slipping on a lilac robe over her nightgown and grabbed the candle as she went out of her room. She was walking downstairs when she heard the faint noise of the piano coming from the upper level. She turned back up and followed the noise to the foyer. Blowing out her candle, she peeked in the room and saw Yesung playing the piano with his eyes closed. She set the candle on a table and sat down on one of the chairs watching him play. When Yesung finished playing, he looked up and gave her a tired smile.
"Why are you up at this late hour?"
She laughed and came over to where he was and sat down next to him.
"I should be asking you the same question."
"Whenever something is on my mind I play the piano. It helps me to relax and escape reality"
"You should go get some rest because of the back to back meetings starting tomorrow" Jessica said pressing down on a key.
"Do you play?" asked Yesung.
"A little" she said as played a song for him. When she ended her performance, he clapped silently.
"That was wonderful" he said as he took her hands in his.
"Thank you, but it's nothing compared to yours." Jessica blushed looking down.
Yesung lifted her face gently. "It was a very special moment to me." he said smiling. 
Jessica kept on blushing as she smiled back at him. Then he got up and offered his hand. Jessica slipped her hand in his as they walked out into the hallway. When they reached her room, Yesung kissed her forehead.
"Get some rest, Sica. I am here and I won't let anything happen to you"
Jessica nodded "You get some rest too. You have a big day tomorrow."
He smirked. "You are sounding a lot like my mom. Good night." With a swish of his robe, he left her there staring after him. When Jessica went back to bed she wondered. "Am I falling in love?" Then she shook her head. "No no no this is not happening." With new thoughts coming into mind she ended up having a restless sleep.
 
Whew I've struggled with this chapter. To all you Jaebom's fans I don't mean to to offend you guys. He kind of has that y, bad boy image so I had to use him as the villain to this story.  This is not the full chapter so please be patient with me. More to come!! Please comment and keep on shooting those suggestions. No spam!!!