Surprise Surprise

Melting Your Icy heart

"Tch.. that girl" muttered King Junghoon as he briskly walked from the main hall to the gardens. He caught sight of Jessica tending the flowers and his expression softened a little. He slowly walked over to her.

 
"Honey, you need to go and get yourself ready. The other party is going to arrive soon."
Jessica ignored him and kept on watering  flowers. Junghoon sighed and took a hold of  a rose. 

"Did you know your mother was the one who built this garden? While I was away as a diplomat for you grandfather, I bought her Dahlia seeds home. Everyday, when the sun was not so high up she would be here working. Even when she was pregnant with you and your sister she was here."

Jessica smiled as she began pulling out weeds. "Yes, I do remember  her always being out here. Whenever we had company she would always make the centerpiece. Her flower arrangements were the best in the kingdom."

Junghoon knelt down next to his daughter and took hold of her hands. 

"Honey, I understand you are mad at me as always when I make arrangements for a suitor. But this one is very important."

"Father, it is all the same for political alliance. Every suitor I have met always disappoints me." Jessica said as she stood up and started to walk away.

" Jung Soo Yeon" cried Junghoon sternly.

She looked at him with hurtful eyes. "Father, I want to find the man  I want to be with be with and I have!"

Junghoon looked at her sadly, "You don't even know his name  and he had a mask on that night. Do you think you are able to find him by just recognizing his voice?"
 

"I am not sure.." she trailed off.

Her father put his arm around her. "Give this a chance and remember be yourself. He is a fine man and I have heard nothing but great things."

"Like all the other suitors." She muttered.

Junghoon steered her toward the castle. "Get yourself ready. Destiny awaits!"

Jessica rolled her eyes. "You need to really stop using the same old line all the time."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yesung stared out the window as the carriage was going over the bridge headed toward Lorgani castle.

"Yah! Why are you so quiet ?" asked Donghae. Donghae is Yesung's cousin and his travel companion when they are assigned diplomatic assignments for their kingdom.

"Just thinking what my family is hiding. They were acting so suspicious and weird when I told them about what happened at  the masquerade ball I went to."

"When you met your beautiful maiden? How romantic" Donghae batted his eyelashes Yesung.

He gently shoved him. "Man, I wish I can meet her again. That night lit a fire in my heart and I go crazy thinking about what might have happened if I didn't get interrupted."

"What? you would've totally banged her?" teased Donghae.

Yesung kicked him. "That's just you, Hae!"

He laughed. "Ladies just come to me, Hyung. I don't need to do anything."

The carriage slowly slowed down and stopped in front of the castle. They both got out and were shown to a private living room and were notified that the king and his daughters would be with them shortly.

"Gosh, I already feel the chills running up my body" whispered Donghae. "You better be prepared for some major shut down. I heard some suitors were out of here in less than 10 minutes because they couldn't take the Ice princess."

"C'mon do you really believe those rumors? They probably just got chicken feet."

"Well yeah. Remember, my friend Junho. He was a candidate and he told me this princess may have looks but no class?

"What do you mean by.." Yesung got cut off when the double doors were open and the king and his daughter stepped in.

The two men bowed before them.

"Gentleman, it is a pleasure to have you come all the way from your kingdom. I trust that your travels were fair?" Junghoon said smiling.

"Thank you, your majesty. I am Yesung and this is my cousin Donghae  We were blessed with wonderful weather and safe traveling." he said still bowing.

"Allow me to introduce my daughter, Jessica. I do hope you can both get aquainted in no time."

" Of course." said Yesung. Then he bowed before Jessica. "It is a pleasure to  meet you, Princess."

"The pleasure is mine." she said cooly curtsying toward him.

When she looked up at him she froze. 

"That messy hair and that tone of his voice  He looks and sounds so familiar. Where have I met him before?" she thought to herself.

"Donghae, would you follow me back to my office. I would love to hear about your homeland and we can meet up with my youngest daughter, Krystal for tea."

Donghae whispered "hwaiting" to Yesung and King Junghoon gave Jessica reassuring smile and they closed the door behind them.

Silence fell between them.

"Would you like to take a walk with me? There is a special spot that I remember when I was here but I don't know my way around the castle. I was wondering if you can show me?" asked Yesung nervously.

"Wait. When were you here at this castle?" Jessica asked suspiciously.

"I was here for the masquerade ball."

Her stomach did a 180 spin. "Do you know where this special place was?" she asked in a cool tone.

"Yes, it was by the lake."

"It cant' be..." she thought as she led Yesung to the gardens. He walked ahead of her and sat on the bench. Jessica stood a few inches away from where he was.

"Come and sit down. I don't bite." he laughed.

Jessica slowly sat down next to him. They both stared out at the lake.

" I am sorry I asked you a favor when I just met you. It's just on that  night of the masquerade ball I had  a wonderful moment with someone here and I have hold on to it ever since."

"Okay this is really cannot be happening!" she thought.

"Do you remember who you were with?"

"I don't know her name. Although come to think of it she is the same height as you and has the  same hair color. I never got to see her face because she had to leave."

Then all of a sudden Jessica slapped him across the cheek.

"Oww!! What was that for?"

"You! You sneaky, pathetic freak!"

"What are you talking about?" he asked holding his cheek.

"Oh don't play dumb! My father put you up to this didn't he?  He invited you to the ball just so you can seduce me. Gosh I was so stupid to even trust!"
 

"Wait...you are the one that I was with that night? Come to think of it you fit the profile except for your personality. Your attitude is a total opposite to the one I met at the masquerade ball!" he sneered at her.

"Well at least I am not shady and don't have hidden intentions. You men are all the same!" cried Jessica.

"Oh please enlighten me. What makes you think you are an expert of my kind?" he asked sarcastically.

"I do know you don't give a damn about women and you think we are pawns in a game."

"And?" Yesung asked piercing his eyes into hers.

"And. and..." Jessica trailed off. "Aish! I can't believe I am lost for words. I can't scare him like I usually do to all the suitors."

"So this is the great Ice Princess? You can't even scare me away back to my kingdom. I guess I will just stay here for awhile because I would love to get to know you."

Jessica glared and stomped off. " No way he is going to stay. I am going to make him hate me so much he would have to leave" she mumbled to herself as went back into the castle.

Yesung lied down the grass and thought of what just happened. Then he sat up.

"I am not giving up on her yet.." he thought to himself.

 

++++++++++++++++++++

Okay Chapter 4 is complete. Gosh I stayed until past 2 writing this. I hope you all enjoy and please leave comments and suggestions.  Don't spam or plagarize! What do you think is going to happen? Who will win? Jessica or Yesung???