Advice and more advice

Melting Your Icy heart

 

"Wow! She hit you hard" laughed Donghae. "How are you going to explain that in public?"
Yesung glared and threw a  pillow at him and continued to read the book he was reading.
"Shouldn't we be packing by now? Didn't I tell you I told you so! The princess made it very clear that she does not want your hand in marriage."
"She can hit me as much as she wants but I am not going anywhere. I am going to be a man about this whole issue. Besides we can't leave just yet. We agreed to stay for two weeks for a meeting with the kingdoms of the west.
 
Donghae didn't say anything and went over to his belongings. He took out a small bottle and handed to Yesung.
"You don't want everyone at the meeting staring at your face right? Use this hair oil after you take a bath. It will tame your hair and make it straight so you can hide some of the mark. Make sure you comb like it is framing your face"
"Where did you get this?"
"Stole it from Yuri who else?" said Donghae as he  got into bed.
Yesung shook his head. Donghae's sister, Yuri is known to be the narsassist and drove everyone crazy worrying about herself.
A slight knock came from the door.
"Prince Yesung, I am sorry to bother you. However, the king has requested your presence in his study at this late hour.
"I will be there right away " he said. He put on his black robe and  headed out the door. 
Donghae thought to himself "What was that all about?" Then he shrugged off and went to sleep.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"I am terribly sorry for what happened today, my boy." said Junghoon. He poured two glasses of scotch and handed one to Yesung. "My daughter should not have accused you of such thing. I don't know where she got that."
"Sir, if I may say something?" asked the young man trying not to look him in the eye to hide his face.
"My boy, it's just you and me. I won't laugh at you." Jonghoon chuckled as he sat down. "Sit down. Don't be so formal with me as well. Speak to me as you talk  to your own father"
Yesung smiled and sat down. "Thank you. What I want to say is I did not know anything about the marriage offer until I returned home. Our meeting was by accident that night."
"My daughter told me but not in detail. Until today, I wondered who could be the one who made her so happy."
"But now she literally wants to me out of this castle." Yesung said dryly sipping his drink.
"I don't think you should be discouraged by what she does to you. She has never given any one of her suitors a chance."
"Why is that?"
"She hates the idea of being with someone who is not going to treat her as an equal. I raised her and her sister to be independent. In the end, I regret I should not have done that."
Silence fell between them listening to the wind blow outside. Then Yesung broke the silence.
"Sir, I will take my leave. Tomorrow is the first important meeting..." 
"Yes, the conference tomorrow with all of the west. I have high hopes into what you have to say on the crisis that is about to happen."
"Of course, sir." The young man bowed and slipped out the door.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jessica ate her breakfast quietly that morning and stared out at the lake.
"You really have gone far this time" Krystal said as she sat down and picked up her fork to eat.
"Please I don't need any more guilt of what happened yesterday." 
"Of course. Unnie, you need to stop doing this. Just give Prince Yesung a chance."
"Why should I?"
"Unnie, do you really want to end up by yourself? Think of the gossip that is going on around you. It doesn't hurt just you but us as a family as well."
Jessica sighed. "I know and I am sorry toward father and you. I just don't agree with having an arranged marriage."
"Well technically you are not since you already met Prince Yesung. I have heard nothing but good things yesterday from his cousin."
"Fine. I should apologize to him as well. I hit him pretty hard yesterday."
"Well you should've thought about it before you did it. He has a meeting today for the western kingdom."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Hurry up, Hyung! We are going to be late!"
Yesung pulled the cover over his eyes and groaned.
"What time did you come back? Get out of bed and bring out the lion of authority as you always do at these meetings." 
Donghae opened up the curtains and let the light in. Yesung squinted at the light and got up. He went over to the water basin and splashed his face.
"You totally blew off my question."
"Talking to the king what else" he snapped as he wiped his face with towel.
"Well sorry Mr. Cranky pants being curious."
"Look I am 27 years old and the kingdom came before my life. I never get the chance to be around woman like you and work my charm."
"So that is your excuse? C'mon, Hyung. You know we cannot stay as bachelors forever. Do you want to pursue this princess or not? Seems like you are chickening your way out right now by having an attitude."
Yesung glared. "Talking to a reincarnated version of Paris."
"Hey at least I don't sleep with them. I happen to have class."
"Yeah, Thank God. Or else you would have these girls' fathers to deal with. But hey I still have to deal with them always crying to me."
Donghae smiled and tossed a shirt at him. "Hurry up. I want this meeting to end so I can go look for some fun. i don't know what you are doing afterwards but I hope you are not going to do work."
Yesung shook his head and dressed. "That is what I do best."
He took bite of toast and stared out where the lake was spacing out. His cousin slapped his back. 
"You can't lie to yourself that you already have some feelings for this princess. Show her what kind of person you are and who knows what will happen. You are the lion of authority. Show her what you are made of. Charm will come later."
"You know for someone who is a player you sure give good advice."
Donghae smiled. "That is what I do best."
 
_______________________________

Finally Chapter 5 is finished!! I am sorry it's mostly the men talking but there is a part 2 to this chapter. Please comment and keep on reading!
 
- vampireluver911